Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > i don't understand...18-19 year olds on dating sites??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
Msg: 1
view profile
History
i don't understand...18-19 year olds on dating sites??Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
i'm not trying to be rude by any means here but can someone please explain to me why on earth 18-19 or even 20 year olds are on dating sites? honestly, i don't get....i remember back (not so long ago) when i was that age, i had no problem meeting tons of people! even without trying, and i'm not thrying to say i was mr. popular either, i just mean, with high school and then on to college/university...i mean it's kinda hard not to meet people of the opposite sex, right? and judging by some of the pics of the young ladies that i have seen...it makes no sense to me? i am asking very sincerely, can someone shed some light on this for me please...
 Grey Sea
Msg: 2
i don't understand...18-19 year olds on dating sites??
Posted: 7/6/2005 3:52:23 PM
we're called geeks..I mean..I'm called geeks..a geek. OKAY, I'm a geek!
 epsilonbj
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/6/2005 3:56:40 PM
maybe they like to meet " mature people " but who knows what goes on an 18/19 year old mind.
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2005 4:24:09 PM
ok, that's funny..lol i'm sure you're not a geek...seriously though, any feedback?
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2005 4:25:25 PM
yeah but, just for arguments sake...don't you remember being that age? would you have found yourself doing this? "epsi"
 joezero69
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/6/2005 4:32:44 PM
hell i wish they had sites like this when i was 18.It would have meant i could have met more girls
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2005 4:47:53 PM
really? i still find i meet more women on my own "out there" man, i mean college was full of women...high school was a breeze, you had five years to get to know these girls, correct me if i'm wrong here...i guess it's maybe just a way to keep your options open or something....i mean it's not like you're gonna drive 300 miles to meet up with a "new love" when you're 18 right? man i don't know maybe things have change so much nowadays...who knows...any input from any of the actual 18-19 year olds on here? help the old man understand
 bucsgirl
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/6/2005 4:53:20 PM
joe Can't believe you're having problems getting women....there's a POF picnic Saturday in Tarpon if you want, I'll send you the link. There's also a pinellas county forum, but I wa s the last to post and noone else has in nearly a month!! Maybe we can help generate interest in that.
 joezero69
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/6/2005 4:54:33 PM
not having a problem im just saying you cant have too many
 imraan47
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/6/2005 5:32:47 PM
ok its because they are some ppl that are shy and maybe arent that good looking and therefore not confident enough to go up to someone and start to talking to them. it dosent mean that if u had a nice life when u were that age, that everyone else is. sorry
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2005 5:54:12 PM
imraan47...have you seen some of the girls on this site around that age? hardly seem shy to me(and no i'm not a pervert,lol)....listen if it seems like i'm pressing the issue here, it's because i just want to know how different things are nowadays...just curious is all, i do think that what you said is true for alot of them.and i really don't mean to come off like i was a hero back then either, i'm just saying those were pretty social places to be..even if you were shy...still looking for some input....
 epsilonbj
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/6/2005 6:03:59 PM
spre, in fact I asked myself the same question. what are the young ones doing here and I was scared to post ( you know age discrimination...) but when I was that age, I was too busy to sit in front of pc and beg people to send me an email. I took things in my hand...
if anything high schools and universities are the ideal ground for dating......even if you were a geek.......

yeah but, just for arguments sake...don't you remember being that age? would you have found yourself doing this? "epsi"
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 7/6/2005 6:21:30 PM
epsi: i'm glad someone else finally sees it from my point of view thx, it would be kinda cool to get some insight from an 18-19 year old to satisfy my curiousity though. i don't know why this is bugging me so much!
 CountIbli
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/10/2005 10:36:09 AM
I went to a High School that was probably 2/3 women. It was still difficult to meet women. Women would rather go without than date a non-jock. Of course, plenty of them also dated guys from other schools. When I got into college I thought things would get easier. Nope. I was in the sciences which meant very few women. The women were at a different campus since they tended to major in arts and social sciences. Even when I went to events it was mostly guys or girls with their boyfriends. When I was old enough to get into bars I thought "Aha, the Holy Grail!" But things were even worse. Mostly guys again. I was no competition for the tall good-looking guys who could dance. Even the fugly ladies were taken.
 lostwords
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/10/2005 2:34:23 PM
well, back when I was 18-19, I didn't go out that much either. Some people are stay at home people. Its not to say they aren't popular or don't have any friends. But how many of us date our friends?? Most of us on here do have friends (both male and female) but yet we still lurk here. The same case can be say from people in their 40s and 50s about people in their 20s looking for love on the internet. I think generally, we are alway look at younger people and think they have an easier times than us when we were at their ages. I could sit here and tell younger kids that "you kids have much easier time to pick up girls than we do. Back then, we don't have the internet to chat with girls. We have to actually ask for their phone number where as now, you kids have msn and email in which you can get in touch with. Back then all we got was the telephone." I can go on and on but I will stop here since this begin to look like a rant...
 wh33t
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/11/2005 9:50:39 AM
I think a lot of us younger people use sites like this cause first of all... we all got computers and know how to use them and we are used to be being able to do stuff quickly with computers. 2nd meeting people is really easy on sites such as this cause you just lay down what your looking for and then people can contact you, so you automatically know that they are interested cause they know what your all about. Its more of a convenience thing than anything else I think. To be honest, no one really 'needs' a dating site like this imo. Anyone who can go out to a singles night or to a park or pub or something or has at least 1 friend can meet tons of people, but we dont all wanna meet tons of people do we? We want to meet people that are like minded and have similar views as us, or people we can tolerate. So yeh, thats why I use this site.
 shaggysatx
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2005 10:23:46 AM
One other scenario could be that someone has recently moved for work or school, and is not around people their age at work and is working around classes. (i've had that problem in the past, never time to sit and socialize until later at night)
 GuelphDude
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/11/2005 9:00:27 PM
I think its the whole technology accessibilty thing not that we are geeks. I am 18, almost 19 and to be honest meeting people at school and stuff is a pain, usually cause everyone is caught up in their work and have other things to do than be chasing after each other, plus you might not always be going to school with anyone who you fancy. It all depends on who you are.
 ayrlyn
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/11/2005 9:40:16 PM
there is a 'hang out' category ^_^ so its not all about dating
 JessKO
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 7/11/2005 9:55:07 PM
internet is cool man

what I want to know is why more 18 and 19 year olds aren't messaging ME!
 BEETS
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2005 3:32:35 AM
Interesting thoughts! But you want to see how many 18 and 19 year old ladies in the uk are looking for a "shag". Are they serious or just testing the water?...I reckon they want to see just how many guys are interested in them.
 Little_alien
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/12/2005 5:44:27 AM
Firts off it's a lot of fun, then may be u don't know it but there r a lot of ppl who r shy, or r not prepared to look ion girl's eyes and talked to her (body language does its job). This place is their LIFE. Actually I started using dating sites as soon as I found out I am leaving my homecountry for America. When I got to Houston I already had friends and gfs that I could spend time and have lots of fun. Here I met a lot of ppl who I was dating for a while. So, it's fun.
P.S. I defenitely agree that it is easier to meet ppl outside than online, 'cause there r a lot of freaks out there and they don't know how to talk to women. Life is unfair and it makes me better off!!! :)
 malabux
Msg: 23
Posted: 7/12/2005 2:38:52 PM
Yeah what wh33t said. My words almost exactly
 Silberne
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 7/13/2005 11:35:08 PM
Well, I can't speak for everyone but I'm 20 and I've recently starting using this site because I'm really not great at meeting people. Once I get to know someone, I'm a totally different person but until that point, I'm generally uncomfortable around new people, especially if they're girls.

Not sure why, not sure how to fix it but this site seems a nice alternative to making an a*** out of myself in person, you know?
 Bewdleyman
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/14/2005 7:42:17 AM
yeah, you can meet more girls here and be flirty without fear of getting slapped/spit/shouted on! lol

Seriously, its cool!
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > i don't understand...18-19 year olds on dating sites??