Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > It finally happened      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jdawg4876
Msg: 1
It finally happenedPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I finally had a first date where it all seemed to click with the person totally. We had great conversations, she had her life together. no issues with dads or ex boyfriends, and she was sweet as apple pie in july.

I always heard rumors about this mysterious first date ritual happening, but never truly experienced it until yesterday. We did the traditional dinner and a movie and walked around a mall, the date lasted seven hrs and it was the quickest seven hrs of my life. I post this bc I have been on many dates from this site and in real life these last two yrs and while I dont want to read too much into this, it was nice to have that connection with another human being right away. Just thought I would share im off to work rock on yall.
 fatgirlsareloyal
Msg: 2
It finally happened
Posted: 8/7/2009 12:56:35 PM
Hope it lasts...

and wear your jimmy hats son
 rickxyz
Msg: 3
It finally happened
Posted: 8/7/2009 12:58:21 PM
Congrats! Its a beautiful ting mon.....
 jdawg4876
Msg: 4
It finally happened
Posted: 8/7/2009 1:00:41 PM
indeed it is, if sex ever arises I will indeed good sir.
 mthomjmark
Msg: 5
It finally happened
Posted: 8/7/2009 1:11:57 PM
the key is to not get too high or too low; just be yourself and be natural and see where things go.

This is the problem with many people dating these days; they get extremely infatuated when it takes time to get to know someone.

I hope it lasts and that things go well; thanks for sharing your positive experience.
 idoc_steve
Msg: 6
It finally happened
Posted: 8/7/2009 1:26:39 PM

jdawg4876 :I always heard rumors about this mysterious first date ritual happening, but never truly experienced it until yesterday. We did the traditional dinner and a movie and walked around a mall, the date lasted seven hrs and it was the quickest seven hrs of my life

Rumors?

First date ritual?

Not sure what's ritualistic about it..I see some "conventionality" which is the old "dinner and a movie" which for what it's worth would never be part of my first date.

I want to learn about the other person, not sit in a movie theatre and watch pretend people live their fake lives for a couple of hours.

Glad it worked out for you though.

Since you posted about the first date, you are required to also post when you have sex for the first time. I will be checking this thread for updates.
 jdawg4876
Msg: 7
It finally happened
Posted: 8/7/2009 1:42:30 PM
I was talking about the first date true connection. I have had plenty of good first date, but none where I felt completely connected to that person. I found her funny interesting and sweet. Which in my dating life is unusual. By the way we hung out for 4 hrs before the movie. By the way we saw funny people very touching.
 cupatea2010
Msg: 8
view profile
History
It finally happened
Posted: 8/7/2009 1:43:19 PM
Good for you .....give us an update in four months...
 Invictus74
Msg: 9
It finally happened
Posted: 8/7/2009 1:48:27 PM
Grats!!! Great Catch!!!

Mount that Fish!!!

... owait.... WTF did I just say?
 jdawg4876
Msg: 10
It finally happened
Posted: 8/7/2009 2:02:35 PM
ha ha. I dont know where we will be in four months I dont get over excited about the future anymore, what shall happen usually does. But as the great winston churchill once said she has all the virtues I admire and all the vices I like too. ( ok I changed the quote around but yall get the pt.)
 minako79
Msg: 11
It finally happened
Posted: 8/7/2009 2:05:37 PM
congratulations hopefully your connection will last more than 6 month.
 OutMind
Msg: 12
It finally happened
Posted: 8/7/2009 2:10:03 PM
Dude, it's a first date.

Next you will be contemplating how your first born with this woman is going to look like.

You've got a long way to go yet.
 jj4u427
Msg: 13
view profile
History
It finally happened
Posted: 8/7/2009 2:24:19 PM
It is a wonderful feeling. But I'm gonna echo the sentiments of many that have already responded.
Just take it easy, don't overthink, or expect anything too quickly.
Hopefully it will work out in your favor!!
Good Luck.
JJ
 jdawg4876
Msg: 14
It finally happened
Posted: 8/7/2009 2:29:50 PM
thanks I feel like the pt I was trying to make was lost. I dont know if this will last (it might or might not). The pt of this post was I never felt that strong of a connection with a first date. I always thought that that was a myth like****chenyes gun liscense
 OnlyThis
Msg: 15
It finally happened
Posted: 8/7/2009 3:05:17 PM

I feel like the pt I was trying to make was lost

Oh I don't think the point was lost. Most of us know that very strong connections on first dates are very real and it is great when it happens. I won't rain on your parade...

Best of luck to you both...
 cw35
Msg: 16
view profile
History
It finally happened
Posted: 8/7/2009 3:13:19 PM
I've had the "magic" first date from here a couple of times. Everything goes good and they're usually the ones who ask for a second date. Even get a first date kiss. Next day I get an email saying we're not really going to work out or some other excuse. People are nuts. My guess is that women get so many men trying to date them on here that they date you but if another guy seems just a little bit better they dump you instantly. It's the ADD world of online dating.
 RobertKoi
Msg: 17
view profile
History
It finally happened
Posted: 8/7/2009 3:48:53 PM
No offence, but I've been on first dates that lasted two days - lots of sex, etc.

Anyway, good luck.
 pazoozoo
Msg: 18
view profile
History
It finally happened
Posted: 8/7/2009 3:57:38 PM
Those "magic" first dates are fun, aren't they? Even if they don't go anywhere, they make you aware of all those tingling nerve endings, palpatations of your heart, and the zingy, singy, happy thoughts in your head.

And really, it's okay if it doesn't result in happily ever after. Now you know you are normal and can get those kinds of feelings. Even if it isn't this person, there will be another. When you get those feelings, and she gets those feelings, and they last month after month, year after year, you will know darned well you found the treasure that everyone seeks.
 RushLuv
Msg: 19
It finally happened
Posted: 8/7/2009 4:02:38 PM
I think things like these happen when least expected.

Congrats and I hope it works out.

MsStackhouse
Msg: 20
It finally happened
Posted: 8/7/2009 4:13:39 PM
I had a great date like that a few weeks ago.

Turned out that they guy already had a serious girlfriend....

But I'm sure that's not the case with you...
 chris755
Msg: 21
It finally happened
Posted: 8/7/2009 4:14:19 PM
very refreshing...
Kudos...
 Lovinlifeat44
Msg: 22
It finally happened
Posted: 8/7/2009 4:31:12 PM
Isn't it nice when a first date actually goes well?

Congrats and please let us know how the second date is!
 cwazychicken
Msg: 23
It finally happened
Posted: 8/7/2009 5:27:25 PM
I had the same experience recently, am now seeing the guy. We dated 10 years ago when we knew NOTHING about each other. But my feelings for him never died and always left a torch in my heart....To me, i don't really know a normal kind of dating, so this is not relevent to that but the chemistry part and being happy and having good conversations is what im mostly commenting on.

So we met 10 years to the day we dated then, i was nervous he changed too much or was not gonna like anything that i liked. I have dated so many people i have nothing in common with, i was just hoping that maybe i found someone with that extra spark of chemistry....on my bday, he invited me over and we watched movies and south park etc.... Ironic i think, but i got to know him and turns out, he likes a LOT of the tv shows i do, movies that i do, etc. Obviously he doesn't like every single thing i do but we have a lot more in common than we do not..he has a funny sense of humor, we can just lay in each others arms and i feel like im flying hehe...I suffer from panic attacks but when i have one with him, it does not last long and he knows how to calm me down. Which is not usually like me, usually it takes me a good hour or 2 to calm down....... I think its just part of being scared of starting something and hoping it does not end badly...been hurt a lot......its the first time ive ever really connected with anyone. It went so well i ended up staying most the week with him......and it went so fast!!! Now he is on vacation, so we get some time apart but can't wait til the next time i can see him :)...
 pleasure_principal
Msg: 24
view profile
History
It finally happened
Posted: 8/8/2009 1:11:54 AM

Dude, it's a first date.

Next you will be contemplating how your first born with this woman is going to look like.

You've got a long way to go yet.

Oh Man this is Out 'o Yo Mind laffin'

Nothin' against the Original Posta

Congrats on getting you a first date chemistry...or hitting it off so well and yeah...
It is kinda rare for that to happen. I hate going on those dates where they look at
their watch. That's a sign that things ain't goin' too good.
 jdawg4876
Msg: 25
It finally happened
Posted: 8/8/2009 1:54:05 AM
I would imagine our child will look like fred durst a little I get that a lot that I look like him. That man has no talent so its a huge insult.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > It finally happened