Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > if a girls says your a great catch      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 great adventure
Msg: 1
view profile
History
if a girls says your a great catchPage 1 of 1    
what is ment why a women when they say your an amazing catch and they wish there heart wanted you,

but at the end of the day your not the one getting the second date. .
 ironhorse1074
Msg: 2
if a girls says your a great catch
Posted: 8/11/2009 11:48:27 AM
it means she's letting you down easy and doesn't want to see you again...

Don't take it personally- it happens to ALL of us (men and women)... Welcome to the club :)
 Sabrosura
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/11/2009 11:49:36 AM
OP: It means just that - you're a nice guy, but she's just not into you.
 roseyn
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/11/2009 11:49:43 AM
It means you're not the one for her and she's not the one for you
 lovemesomemen
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/11/2009 11:49:55 AM
She thinks you're swell but she doesn't want to have to sleep with you, date you, get married to you. But she wishes she could have all those warm snuggly feelings for you. I doubt she cares that she's not getting a 2nd date. If she wanted a 2nd date, she wouldn't have said it.
 ThePurpleMarker
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/11/2009 11:54:29 AM
It means your a great catch... For another girl. There was just something about you that didn't click with her, and she's trying to find a polite way to say it.
 happy-go-lucky_
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2009 12:08:43 PM
Congratulations, it means you're not a creep.

Seriously, it means that although she's just not into you, she doesn't really have any complaints. I'd take that as a positive if I were you, and just move onto the next one.
 SoftAndHappy
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/11/2009 1:55:57 PM
It means

"I like you, but I don't want you to stick it in me. Ever."
 mkc40
Msg: 9
Posted: 8/11/2009 1:57:34 PM
You are going to be perfect for someone else.
 builderforfun
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/11/2009 2:47:47 PM
You fought hard, swam up stream a few times, but you were just to small.
 MelloDLyn
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2009 3:29:42 PM
Its a nice way of saying I am not interested!
 JoeForts
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/11/2009 3:47:32 PM
it means "I think I can do better." lol....I've gotten somewhat that before, let's put it under the "let's just be friends" section...no one likes that.
 rottierescue
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/11/2009 3:52:18 PM
It means she finds some redeeming qualities in you which other women would appreciate about you, but she is not sexually attracted to you at all.

So thank her for not wasting your time, paying you a compliment and wait for the next bus.
 bodypro8
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/11/2009 4:43:42 PM
It means that they think that they are so great that a rejection from them would lead you to commit suicide.

Personally, I hate being patronized. When they blow me off I tell them "Hey! I didn't want your skanky a$$ anyway." I'm a brat, but oh, well! To thine own self be true.
 bksqueendee718
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2009 5:10:19 PM
Can we stop the sugar coating ? She doesn't like you ! But she nice enough not to be a****about it ! Its okay there is plenty of fish in the sea ! Right?
 SpicyFeisty
Msg: 16
Posted: 8/11/2009 7:41:51 PM
She notices positive qualities in you that women in general would like to have in a man.
But there is definitely something missing and she isnt feeling attracted to you to want you for herself. It doesnt have to be a physical thing, could be an emotional connection, financial capabilities etc etc, sometimes even the mysterious X-factor.
At least she is being nice and honest (to a certain extent)
 RiverHB
Msg: 17
Posted: 8/11/2009 10:24:26 PM
It's the long version of: F.O.
 Worbug
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2009 10:57:34 PM
It means as said above, she thinks she is to good for you and is waiting for the great one to show up any minute because she knows she deserves so much more than you. She new that from the get go. But she needs for you to be hurt about it, which is why the whole thing got started, she knew the minute she looked at you, but instead, fed you a little at first so you think you got a chance. next will come the "you would be great for my best friend", that way she will still have you around from time to time to to see you silently suffer, and also secretly know she is one up on her girl friend because her man secretly is in love with her.

These same woman for some reason think they are doing you a favot by letting you be their friend after kicking in you teeth. Thanks for the Privledge, but no thank you.

LIke someone else said, less energy spent trying to find someone who cares about you.

Good luck OP. and always remember the road to the "Friend Zone" is a one way street.

Definition of "Friend Zone": Trophy Case.

And yes I have been there.
 FluffyBrain
Msg: 19
Posted: 8/12/2009 12:37:11 AM
hun, it's a way to soften the blow, she thinks you're a nice guy, but the chemistry isn't really there for her. i guess you could ask her out again. it won't hurt anything. if she's wavering, a 2nd date might spark it...wait a few days though. if she's not all that into you, there's no harm...whether you ask ort not won't change a thing is she's just not into you. it's those teetering ones you might be ables to influence...(and that usually happens within the first 3 or 4 dates max...if it's gonna happen).
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > if a girls says your a great catch