Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > I burn the salad! how about sharing simple recipes with this single g      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ilikethisguy
Msg: 1
view profile
History
I burn the salad! how about sharing simple recipes with this single guyPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
While I can grille a great steak on the BBQ, I am dangerous in the kitchen! I burn the salad! I even burn the water!
When I'm in the kitchen, it's best to warn the fire department and have them standing by. They should be sitting in their trucks with the engines running.

OK, how about sharing simple recipes with this single guy.

Note: I'm not much for fish and I cannot eat anything with beans or black olives. I prefer American and Italian foods.

Thanks in advance!
 SmilingSalmon
Msg: 2
view profile
History
I burn the salad!
Posted: 8/11/2009 6:08:39 PM
Ok, simple simple

Here is what I had for dinner last night....it took 10 minutes to cook and 4 minutes prep time, healthy and good.

Take one salmon filet, rub with oil and sprinkle with lime or lemon pepper. Bake at 400 for 10 minutes. While it is cooking, make a salad with the prepared organic spring salad mix from the store, add avocado, grape tomato, red onion. Put salmon on plate with salad and enjoy.

Oops, you don't care for most fish, then do this. Today put a couple of chicken breasts (you can pound them flat with anything) in a ziplock bag with some soy, garlic, red pepper and sugar. Squeeze out all of the air.
Tomorrow, take it out and put it in your George Foreman, or outdoor grill, or under the broiler in the oven. Cook about 3 minutes per side.
Before starting the chicken get one of those Uncle Ben rice packages and just boil or microwave per directions...or microwave a large potato for 6 minutes.
Also make a salad, or heat some frozen green vegetable.

10-15 minute meals that are easy.
 smitten2meetu
Msg: 3
I burn the salad!
Posted: 8/11/2009 7:55:44 PM
Depending on where you live, have you thought about healthy foods that are already prepared? Check your local supermarkets, catering companies to food venders, as deli's, often have prepared meals, fresh or frozen. This will help you look good in the kitchen, and save time in cooking nutritional meals at home.
Another suggestion, have you thought about taking a cooking classes in your area, many of them, might be held in local schools? They can be fun to learn, not that expensive and you can meet others, who want to learn how to cook the basic.

Good luck.
 missfee1
Msg: 4
I burn the salad!
Posted: 8/11/2009 8:52:14 PM
How weird (ilikethisguy) - all the Italians I know eat fish/seafood, olives, etc - not sure about American food ?? That's totally beyond me but I'll give you a tip - you don't cook salad..... & you don't burn water....- you need a girlfriend or a Mum asap

x4me2fly
Msg: 5
view profile
History
I burn the salad!
Posted: 8/12/2009 5:52:41 PM
Last night I made an easy dish. 5 minutes prep and about 20 minutes to completion.

Chopped onions and green peppers threw in a frying pan and added Italian sausage. Cooked on a medium flame for about 15 minutes until sausage was done.
While that was cooking I rinsed grape tomato, grabbed the small mozzarella balls ( deli in grocery store) and fresh basil. Tossed together with a bit of olive oil and salt.
I also made corn on the cob. Brought that to a boil for 15-18 minutes.

Served the sausage with hoagie rolls and dinner was complete. We were eating in less than 30 minutes.
 rottierescue
Msg: 6
I burn the salad!
Posted: 8/12/2009 10:09:45 PM
ROSEMARY CHICKEN

Place 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts in a casserole dish
Sprinkle the chicken generously with a SALT FREE poultry seasoning and it has to be SALT FREE
Pour a cup water into the casserole dish and add 2 chicken boullion cubes
Then lay several sprigs of fresh rosemary on top of the chicken
Cover and bake at 325 degrees for about an hour and a half. With your tendency to burn, you should check it, but when the meat is white and separating you will know it's done. If you don't have a lid for your casserole dish, then cover it with foil while baking.

You can use the same recipe with a whole chicken as well and when the meat splits off the bone, you'll know it's done. But you will have to cut away the skin after its done.
 pinkdanielle
Msg: 7
I burn the salad!
Posted: 8/13/2009 7:01:53 PM
too bad you're so far away from Tampa, I'm great in the kitchen, but bad with grilling.
 Belle Requin
Msg: 8
view profile
History
I burn the salad!
Posted: 8/14/2009 2:11:07 PM

Check your local supermarkets, catering companies to food venders, as deli's, often have prepared meals, fresh or frozen
Oh heavens NO!!! Where I live, none of the local supermarkets have truly healthy prepared meals. They all have extensive chemical or general food additives you wont get when you actually make your own food.

Food is important. Food quality to be taken seriously. Learn how to cook- it's not that hard. Take a cooking class, buy a book on how to cook; making extravagant dishes may be difficult, but it's not that hard to cook meat, steam or roast veggies, and and or make a salad. Buy a rice cooker if you want to prepare grains.
 pupdaddy12003
Msg: 9
view profile
History
I burn the salad!
Posted: 8/14/2009 4:56:08 PM
Best advice I can give you guy...is to keep reading these forums. If you can't find something to cook on here that sounds good, and is easy enough for you to make..then ya better take MissFee's advice and find yourself a woman. (And by the way....if she happens to slip across the pond from Australia..I'm gonna be first in line to greet her..LOL)
 1971Richard
Msg: 10
view profile
History
I burn the salad!
Posted: 8/15/2009 5:51:20 AM
This is one of my Aunts dishes. After a day on their farm, it really hits the spot!

1 large potato per person (cut into small cubes),
1 large onion,
3 cloves garlic (crushed),
1 copped chili (optional),
1 1/2 slices of bacon per person (cubed),
1 egg,
Vegetable oil,
parsley.

1. Boil pototoes for 10-12 minutes until half cooked. Drain.
2. In a frying pan, gently heat onions in vegetable oil until translucent.
3. Add bacon and fry for a minute.
4. Add potatoes and chili (if using) and cook for 10 minutes on a low heat or until pototoes are totally cooked. Stir frequently. Add a little water if everything starts to stick.
5. A couple of minutes before serving add the egg and parsley and stir well.
6. Serve immediatly with warm crusty bread.

Enjoy.
 Grage
Msg: 11
I burn the salad!
Posted: 8/15/2009 1:38:28 PM
1) Drop two pieces of bread in the toaster.
2) When done, spread butter on one piece.
3) Spread your choice of jelly on this piece.
4) Spread peanut butter on the other piece.
5) Put both pieces together, ingredients on the inside.
6) Munch.

Quickest, easiest bachelor's hot sandwich ever conceived.
 LOVESTRUCK_wannabe
Msg: 12
I burn the salad!
Posted: 8/17/2009 2:40:43 PM
Start by ridding yourself of all the negative self-talk and humour to mask a lack of experience and/or confidence.

Choose a simple childhood favourite. I personally like peanut butter cookies because these can be made using only a bowl, fork, and spoon if you are also short of kitchen appliances.
 tinkerbelle2009
Msg: 13
view profile
History
I burn the salad!
Posted: 8/20/2009 12:45:07 PM
when it pops out of the toaster
 Grage
Msg: 14
I burn the salad!
Posted: 8/25/2009 2:19:29 PM

2.Mix all ingredients and stuff your trout.

Uhhhhhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh

You said 'stuff your trout'
 Nuc
Msg: 15
I burn the salad! how about sharing simple recipes with this single guy
Posted: 8/25/2009 10:27:07 PM
A Man, A Can, A Plan by David Joachim ISBN 1-59486-643-0

One of my favs. is
Bean-and-Bull Burritos......

16oz can refried black or pinto beans
1 small can green chiles
½ lb. Lean ground beef
6 8” flour tortillas
1 cup (min) shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
½ cup Salsa
Low fat sour cream
¼ tsp. Garlic power
½ tsp dried oregano
juice of ½ lime

Brown the beef and garlic power in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Dump in the beans, salsa, oregano, and the lime juice. Simmer for 5 to 8 minutes, until slightly thickened. Slop an equal amount onto each of the tortillas, top each with an equal amount of the cheese, and roll up. (I add the sour cream, cheese and some salsa then roll up)

Top each burrito with low fat sour cream, chopped scallions ( I do not use), and more salsa.

Or from a recipe for my Slow Cooker.....ie Crock Pot.....

Crockpot Pork Shoulder
Use your favorite barbecue sauce in this crockpot pork roast recipe. This is a basic recipe for pulled pork shoulder using a boneless or bone-in shoulder,

but be sure your pork shoulder will fit in the slow cooker

and will allow you to put the cover on tightly.

Ingredients:
· pork shoulder, also known as Boston butt, about 4 to 7 pounds, bone-in or boneless
· 1/4 cup of water
· salt and pepper lightly
· barbecue sauce
Preparation:
Place the meat in the slow cooker with water, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour. Tun to LOW and cook 7 to 10 hours longer, until very tender. Remove roast and discard fat and juices. Chop or shred the pork; return to slow cooker. Mix a little barbecue sauce into the meat for flavor. Cook for about 1 hour longer, until hot. Serve on warm split sandwich buns with coleslaw and extra barbecue sauce on the side.

Mock Lasagna - Crock Pot Style

1 package(10oz) broad lasagna noodles
broken into bite-size pieces.
1 lb. Ground beef
½ lb. Italian sausage
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
12 oz Mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 carton (12oz) cottage cheese
1 cans (6oz, each) tomato paste
½ cup water
¼ tsp. Salt
½ tsp. Ground black pepper
1 ½ tbsp. Dried parsley
1 tsp dried basil

Cook noodles according to package directions until tender, drain. Brown ground beef and sausage, drain and put in lightly greased stoneware. Add all remaining ingredients. Stir to mix thoroughly. Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours (HIGH 4 hours).

Notes: Add more cottage cheese and or regatta (at least double it up)(maybe add it later)

SAguy_06
Msg: 16
I burn the salad!
Posted: 8/26/2009 2:49:01 AM

Now if I could only learn how to grill.

Look for my Food Blog Page comming soon...I will have recipes, and How to videos on Grilling, Barbecueing, Tex-Mex cooking, and Southren Style dishes...

SAguy
 Dovelett
Msg: 17
view profile
History
I burn the salad!
Posted: 8/26/2009 3:53:59 PM

Look for my Food Blog Page comming soon...I will have recipes, and How to videos on Grilling, Barbecueing, Tex-Mex cooking, and Southren Style dishes...

Ohh SAGuy be sure to let us know how to get to this...Awesome...
Of course my computer sucks with Videos...Cause NEED need new computer..Doesn't play or stops in between n won't continue.. Anyhow- good Luck
SAguy...
 CaliforniaWineTaster
Msg: 18
I burn the salad!
Posted: 8/27/2009 12:45:57 PM
To elsbethlett:

Perhaps you can pass on a flavorful recipe.... I love a well grilled breast!
 stretgang
Msg: 19
I burn the salad!
Posted: 8/27/2009 12:49:34 PM
To elsbethlett:

Perhaps you can pass on a flavorful recipe.... I love a well grilled breast! Hey I said that first!
 abby156
Msg: 20
I burn the salad!
Posted: 8/27/2009 2:24:47 PM
OP, place chicken breasts in tinfoil, make a little boat out of the foil. salt and pepper the breasts and then pour Italian dressing all over. wrap the chicken and place in a pan. Bake at 375 till chicken is done. Its the easiest thing I can think of.
 blueeyedguy2meet
Msg: 21
Posted: 8/27/2009 8:08:07 PM
How about some serious fall-off-the-bone baby back ribs? Seriously...easy.

Buy a rack of babyback pork ribs.
Place them in a baking dish...at least 2 inches deep
Sprinkle chilli pepper over it
Lots of pepper
Add a LITTLE salt
Add some cola...about half an inch to 3/4 inches.
Cover with tin foil...poke with a knife in four places to vent.
Bake for 2 hours on 375 rotating it half way.

Take a break

When ready to eat...throw the ribs on the grill brushing heavily with your fav BBQ sauce.

You're friends will be in awe.

Fall off the bone BBQ ribs...Done.
 Belle Requin
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2009 2:59:55 PM
^^That's because of the acidity of the cola. You could do it without the cola if you simply added ascorbic acid in your marinade.
 bj7
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2009 3:35:04 AM
" How do you know when the toast is done" My toaster plays the Mickey Mouse theme song. What can I say, it was a gift.
OP, first get yourself the first Rachel Ray cookbook. I know, I may be stoned for bringing up her name, but I have gotten many good recipes from her show and cookbooks. There are some good base recipes, (I have posted a few in some other threads) and they will let you add whatever you like. Recipes like garlic oil pasta. Pasta with roasted red pepper sauce would be perfect for you, because you need to burn the peppers anyway. If you would like, I can post some for you. But the book is a good one to have. Also if you have the food network, watch a few of the shows, they often profile easy recipes. If you go to their website they also have demonstrations. And some of the shows are available on dvd.
 SAguy_06
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/2/2009 4:30:00 AM

Cover with tin foil...poke with a knife in four places to vent.
Bake for 2 hours on 375 rotating it half way.
Take a break
When ready to eat...throw the ribs on the grill brushing heavily with your fav BBQ sauce.
You're friends will be in awe.
Fall off the bone BBQ ribs...Done.

Didnt the OP say he was GOOD at the grill?...Why would he ever Bake his ribs?
 LadyShaun
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2009 9:53:33 AM
This could be an appetizer, but it worked well as a main dish for me.

Buy some fresh uncooked packaged Ravioli in the cold food area of the store. Usually comes in a blister package.

Get two cans of cream of mushroom, cream of broccoli, or cream of spinach soup. This part all depends on your taste.

Grab a little fresh cilantro for garnishing, it tastes great also. You'll need to pick up a little sea salt, Black pepper grinders, either the "italian seasoning" mix, or separately buy oregano, rosemary, thyme, and basil. I know there is one I'm missing, but those will get you done pretty good. You also want a jar of dried parley. You'll add this to your pasta as it begins to float.

Boil the ravioli until it starts floating. Do NOT add the pasta to the water until your water comes to a rolling boil. Here's the key........STOP WALKING AWAY FROM THE STOVE WHILE YOU'RE COOKING.

Take some ground turkey and brown it lightly, while the ravioli is cooking. Add dried oregano, basil, rosemary, and thyme. Lightly salt with sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Take one of your two cans of soup, put in a separate sauce pan, follow directions for prep of the soup, add to the ground turkey on medium-low heat.

Drain about 75% of the water off your pasta, you don't need to rinse it. Stir in the ground turkey sauce. For density, add additional cans, without the additional water, to get the consistency you want. For best results, whisk your additional soup in a separate bowl before adding to the main pot. Stir until completely smooth and steaming, scoop into your bowl, top with a few sprigs of cilantro, Voila!

Note: Your Ravioli comes with different fillings. Take your pick or mix it up.
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > I burn the salad! how about sharing simple recipes with this single guy