Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > LOOKING FOR FINANCIAL SUPPORT?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 indeepshitnow
Msg: 1
LOOKING FOR FINANCIAL SUPPORT?Page 1 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
Here lately I've seen a bunch of ads by women in the personals asking for a man who is "financially stable who can "spoil them" Isn't this just a cheesy way of asking for a SUGAR DADDY? I mean, do ya think that it's fair a pretty girl can just use a guy for his money, or spread her legs to get her bills paid? Or to get what she wants? It's an immediate turn off for me, and to me, it's like being a legal prostitute... For personal reasons of course. I'm not saying ALL women are lie this, but like I said, I have run into these ads more and more lately, and they make me sick. What if a woman seen an ad from a guy asking for the same thing? Do ya think a man could get away with that sh1t?! What would you women say if ya seen an ad like that, but from a guy? It shows me nothing but lack of independance, or willingness to get up off her a** and actually find a JOB. JOB. JOB. Oh yeah, did I say JOB?! lol!
 indeepshitnow
Msg: 2
BTW
Posted: 10/20/2004 2:48:41 PM
Yeah, I am the one to post such controversial things like this, but it is NOT a women bashing thread, let's get that straight B4 ya'll decide to hammer me with women's rights n sh1t. Everyone is equal, including ***holes, users, and players. Nothing is gender biased when it comes to love and war.
 ~~Angel~~
Msg: 3
BTW
Posted: 10/20/2004 3:02:02 PM
I do hear what you are saying deep, I personally am not looking for a "sugar daddy" maybe because I'm 38 and too OLD for one!! But I will say this....... I am an independant woman, I am university educated, I am going thru divorce and have 2 small children under 7. I am EMPLOYED part time now because of taking on the roll of both Mother and Father to my girls.... I know that when I'm looking thru the "ads" here I do look for many things...one thing being a man who is successful! I think that a man who LOVES what he's doing whether he makes 30 thousand a year or make 350 thousand a year... I don't care ...to me being sucessful is being happy! I'd rather be with a poor man thats happy when he comes home from work than a wealthy man who is always tired, and unhappy.
AND my ex husband to be....was 7 yrs younger than me..... hmmmmm....I guess that made me a "sugar mommy"
 Playful_spirit
Msg: 4
BTW
Posted: 10/20/2004 3:07:52 PM
While it may disgust you that women can be straight- up with what they want... You should give them credit for being honest. FYI No I am not endorsing this type of behavior, really each is too his own on what they fancy or desire out of life. You have the choice to say move on or stay.

Women are not the only ones who act in this particular way, men are just as guilty. They (men) usually go about it in a different way. *Before you men decide to bash me I am NOT saying All men particpate in this particular type of behavior*
 GeorgieLeopard
Msg: 5
BTW
Posted: 10/20/2004 3:46:18 PM
I often cruise ads and find things unappealing in them, however, if I do find something I don't like, I just don't say hello. It is not my place to judge others, it is only my place to judge myself.
 indeepshitnow
Msg: 6
BTW
Posted: 10/20/2004 5:33:54 PM
I guess not... No, it's not my place to do so... Maybe I'm wrong for it, and no, I'm not bashing women here... I understand that rather than asking for it up front, men just use women, like some women use men, and it becomes another story from there out... I just get sick and tired of seeing crap like that. All it does is make guys think that well maybe they're just not good enough to respond or something. Love shouldn't be based on $$$. Like someone said earlier in the forums... LYON? Ummmm I'd rather be happy, and content with being that way. Screw a dollar. I'd rather wake up to a beautiful smile beside me each and every morning, and know that the smile was there because of the night before, rather than knowing the smile was there because of what I could give to her financially. No one should be afraid to approach anyone in these sites because things like that tend to make a guy back off, and think twice before he responds... I dunno, thanx for the input... Keep it coming... But still, none of ya'll have answered that one question... If I placed an ad asking for a woman who was adequately backed in her finances to "spoil" me, would that not make you think some crazy sh1t?! Or put a thought in your head such as, "how dare he?!" I mean, why is it OK for a woman to do this, but not a man? I don't think it's proper either way, but then again, this is the planet Earth, and I've seen some crazier sh1t than this...
 canttouchthis
Msg: 7
LOOKING FOR FINANCIAL SUPPORT?
Posted: 10/20/2004 10:51:43 PM
Maybe I should change my ad- Looking for financially stable women (no, the plural is not a typo). Thanks
 femmeinin
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/20/2004 11:41:40 PM
looking for a guy that's financially stable doesn't always mean she's a gold digger.

personally i supported a guy for two years and will never do so again, therefore I'm looking for a guy who has a good, respectable job and can pay his OWN dam bills ;) also someone who's not still making $10 an hour at a dead end job where he could be laid off from at any time.
 bluepony
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/21/2004 5:17:34 AM
It might occur to you that these women have dated deadbeat guys in the past who either quit their jobs or it didn't matter they still took from the woman? Maybe some of these girls just don't want to be made a fool of again. I dunno but its something to consider. Everybody's situation is different.

I married a guy who did have a good job making TWICE what I did and STILL took every f'ing thing he could from me and my daughter and left me two months later....and I don't mean a sofa and a couple of chairs. I will NEVER date a guy who asks me to borrow one single dime! I will give him the dime (I am not without compassion) and kick him to the curb in one smooth fluid motion.
 KeepingStep
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/21/2004 7:10:31 AM
Bluepony is exactly correct.

I have the same experience and I would never date a guy who doesn't pay from the very first date...period. Does that make me a golddigger? nope. It means that I am not supporting any man.

The simple truth is, men are hard-wired for the territorial imperative. And women look for the man who has financial success, because it means greatly increased chances for the off spring. More simply put...men are driven to become good providers and women are wired to find men who can provide attactive. It is evolutions way of protecting the next generation. Maybe in modern man, these imperatives no longer apply...but the hard wiring still has not changed.

Most men I know feel really bad when they cannot provide everything they think their woman wants/needs. In fact, many relationships cannot survive when the woman is the provider exclusively. This is the direct result of this imperative drive.
 indeepshitnow
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/21/2004 8:49:43 AM
WOW, I'm really impressed by some of these posts... But the thing I'm seeing still is this, ya'll are GENERALIZING men as a whole. $10 hrly is excellent money in my neck of the woods, and would be more than plenty to take care of a man with his woman in a relationship... Alot of people are getting by in this country on minimum wage, and busting thier asses with dead end jobs at that. Thanks, BUSH. And no, if ya read my post AGAIN, it states that the ads I see go like this... (I'm looking for a man who is financially stable in order to SPOIL me..." It's those types of ads I am speaking of. I mean, I can understand KeepingStep's post, and totally agree with it. BluePony has a point too... But aside from that, I'm speaking specifically of the women who want a man for one thing only, and that is to SPOIL or LAVISH them with money and whatnot. It's NOT OK for a woman to hold up her end of the relationship financially, and I realize that would be impossible in relationship terms as far as survival goes... You women are getting fustrated by this comment, yet ya'll aren't the ones sifting through the ladies ads... You only see the men. I understand also that men do use women alot, and more often than some would admit... Remember, I said gender has NOTHING to do with who uses whom, or whatnot. So once again, I'll ask... IS IT OK FOR WOMEN TO LOOK FOR MEN FOR THE SPECIFIC REASON OF BEING LAVISHED UPON FINANCIALLY? :) CantTouchThis... LMAO, I sware man, you always got some sh1t with you... Good for a morning laugh anyhow... Ya'll keep postin!
 forthebeauty
Msg: 12
Posted: 10/21/2004 9:42:40 AM
I just have to voive here and please remember that it is my opinion !!!!!

Some men and women make a proffesion by doing this. Sad but so.

In my exp. I have been the bread winner in most of my relationships, making me ask the question pretty much right off the bat, about the work history of someone I might be interested in. I did say history, cause I do understand that people fall on hard times, but the past will speak up for itself. My work history is multiple, I have had lots of jobs, but almost never without one, and always move to a better position.

It really is sad that the people that do this to get somewhere in life, make it reallly hard for us ones that are looking for it all. I must confess I have been in relationships, because their money sparked my interest, and on the spontaneuos moment, thought I could overlook the fact that I didnt think I could ever love this person, but in the end, the heart won. I simply couldnt do it. But then it goes back to the ones that can!!!!

I get alot of responses from younger men, and I think that maybe thats whats on thier brain, if not for sex, or maybe both!!!!

So IDSN I think it just ends up being the same in the end, u have to sort through them all and keep trying till u come up with the one!!!! Good luck!!!
 bluepony
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/21/2004 10:15:24 AM
Well at least the women are posting their profiles with honesty. I've seen plenty of men profiles that say they just want to have sex :) Being honest is ok. I'm sure there are some men out there that LOVE to spoil women and there are some women out there who are just looking for sex. Those ads would be targeted to those interested. If they put them out there, there's a chance these women will get spoiled and the men know the rules going in ....can't complain about that. I hear plenty of "I don't know how to please her."...those chicks are flat out TELLING you! :)

It makes me wonder if there are any threads that go something like this: "What's up with all the women profiles who want a stable long term relationship?" "I mean what is up with THAT? What's wrong with just having a good time? " :)
 indeepshitnow
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/21/2004 10:58:41 AM
Well, if you support the women who just want to get laid, or guys for the matter... Or if you support women who just want some financial gain, or to be spoiled, then so be it... This is the lovely land o' the free, and your definitely entitled to your opinion, with no reprecussions... I still think it's a cheesy lame a$$ way of asking for a sugar daddy. And I think your example of men looking for a long term relationship was a little weak too considering that THAT IS WHAT PEOPLE ARE LOOKING FOR. Ummmm 90% of people on here anyhow. The other 10% are players, and whatnot. Thanks for your posts, and expressing your opinions. Remember, you are entitled to your opinions, and I do value every single one of them. And FTB, remember when you got an email from a certain someone a while back? That wasn't for sex, or money... Guess I just got beat out or somethin... ;)
 bratney80
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/21/2004 11:02:43 AM
I think that if a woman just wants a sugar daddy then she is just looking for trouble. I don't see the point in it and it just don't make any since to me. In this world were woman are fianlly being respected for being independent, why would they want to go and ruin that with using a guy for money?
 indeepshitnow
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/21/2004 11:25:26 AM
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 bratney80
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/21/2004 11:28:29 AM
You are so very welcome sweetie. I was just stating my point of view on this topic.
 indeepshitnow
Msg: 18
Posted: 10/21/2004 11:58:03 AM
That's kewl, you definitely have a point about woemn degrading their level of self respect. That's one point that everyone has missed so far. Thanks for filling in the gap!
 bratney80
Msg: 19
Posted: 10/21/2004 11:59:49 AM
I just don't see how woman can forgot that. We fight so hard for respect from the male figure and then to just turn around and depend on a man to do everthing for us. If we want respect then we need to keep trying to earn it.
 bluepony
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/21/2004 12:16:25 PM
I try not to judge people to badly. I have done plenty of things in my past that I'm sure people asked themselves, "Why the hell is she doing that?" People want different things at different times in their lives and people also maybe make mistakes. Eventually it all works out...cut these folks some slack. If they ARE degrading themselves, ragging on them isn't going to do any good :)...and we're no better....we all do stupid things at one time or another.

InDeep, if you were talking about emailing me, I do try to respond to all of the emails I get but I don't carry on with men not in my area. I apologize if I came across rude, I don't ever intend to do that. (Not even to the guy I politely told to lose the speedo bathing suit! ) I just don't have the time to continuously email back and forth every guy who ever mailed me. That's why I don't have my pic up alot of the time....I get busy.
 forthebeauty
Msg: 21
Posted: 10/21/2004 12:21:10 PM
INDS check ur mail!!! Btw ur not so much younger than me!!!
 bratney80
Msg: 22
Posted: 10/21/2004 12:21:55 PM
It isn't that I am ragging on those people it just doesn't make since to me that we work so hard for respect and then some of us females just throw that away and make it harder for us to earn that respect.
 bluepony
Msg: 23
Posted: 10/21/2004 12:39:26 PM
Bratney,

I do understand your point but you can't live as a "we" these days. You gotta live for a "me".

I concentrate on earning my respect, personally. Luckily, I don't get judged much by the actions of other women. If someone is doing that, I try to understand why they are and then ask myself do I really respect their opinion anyway? I don't judge all guys based on the action of my ex-a$$hole. If I did, I'd never date again and I'd dream of dirt naps for the entire male population :) (then, I'd HAVE to start preferring girls *wink*).
 bratney80
Msg: 24
Posted: 10/21/2004 12:40:58 PM
LOL! I understand that too and you have a very good point with that. *winks back*
 indeepshitnow
Msg: 25
Posted: 10/21/2004 12:57:21 PM
PONY... Did I ever email ya? I mean, not trying to be a smartass or nuthin, but I really don't recall send u a message? Damn brain is made of teflon, lemme tell ya... lol. The person I emailed actually saw the post, and has since responded, so we're cool. And beilieve me, had ya have been rude, it would have been returned with some sort of smartass comment... ;) Besides, I'd probably look d*mn good in one of those speedo thingamajiggers... lol
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > LOOKING FOR FINANCIAL SUPPORT?