Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Black men dating white women.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 razkay1
Msg: 1
Black men dating white women.Page 1 of 1    
I'm most attracted to white and asian girls. I have my reasons for rejecting women of my own race. However, am I being rejected by white and asian girls solely because of my race. I know it's 2009 and there are quite a few interracial relationships going on... but I feel as though I'm not "thuggish" enough for black and white girls. I have a real job, confident and happy with life, and won't change myself for anyone.

But are white girls still "put off" by the idea of dating a black guy?
 xRishu
Msg: 2
Black men dating white women.
Posted: 8/11/2009 7:06:01 PM
Dude, that is so generalized, how can you expect a yes or no answer to that.

It comes down to individual preferences.

But to best answer your question,

1. Some White/Asian girls may not prefer to date a black guy
2. Some White/Asian girls may be open to date a black guy
3. Some White/Asian girls may ONLY date black guy
4. Some White/Asian girls know that South Asian guys (Brown) are the best!

- Rishu
 Mystie_Dragonfly
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/11/2009 7:07:46 PM
Soooo... is this just another "nice guy" thread with the twist of race put into it?

Look... when you stop worrying that you have to be "thuggish" and start being who YOU are and what YOU think to be a good man... then WOMEN will notice you. GIRLS like to play the "rapper thug princess" thing too much.

Really... when you stop worrying so much about these little things... women will stop caring about the little difference in your skin colors... and start seeing you as just a man.

Be yourself... Keep going to that good job... dress how you feel is good... and... again... be yourself.
 Huntington24
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/11/2009 7:09:01 PM
Hey man I feel ya, my "type" is usually hispanic or asian. I've dated alot of them but there harder to find then white girls, in my area atleast.

oh man your settin yourself up for headaches and the "princess" crap..take em all ahah
 roseyn
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/11/2009 7:10:35 PM

I have my reasons for rejecting women of my own race. However, am I being rejected by white and asian girls solely because of my race.

HA! well isn't that ironic

I can't say anything to you though cause I was attracted mostly to white men at one point. Its sad how many black people are racistly rejecting their own race. HOPEFULLY your reasons are as shallow as mine were and were simply based on a physical preference/irresistible sexual attraction and nothing deeper...

That would let me sleep better tonight lol
 razkay1
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/11/2009 7:11:23 PM
Women talk to their girlfriends and have a lot of insight on everything dating. I phrased my question wrong. I'm looking for opinions. I'm sure the topic of dating interracially has come up in conversations, just curious to know how some girls feel. And I'm smart enough to know an opinion is just that...an opinion.
 razkay1
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/11/2009 7:13:16 PM
No, this isn't a nice guy thread wrapped up in race. The term nice guy gets thrown around way too much...
 PunkJesster
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2009 7:14:14 PM
lol Rishu.. sneaky devil..

OP: Some girls just don't want to date a black man. Some girls don't like caucasian, asian, eastern indian, north american indian, carribean, african, aboriginal (australian/new zealanders), alien men. Some girls like women even.. Culturally, there are still pressures to be in same race relationships , some not as much as others. Some people prefer white chocolate over dark chocolate. Some people like curry some like buffalo. Some people like octopus while others prefer scallops.

Honestly, you get what you're looking for eventually - so keep looking. You're not dead yet right?
 arwen52
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2009 7:28:34 PM
Obviously, not "all" are. But you yourself have your preferences, as you admit. People have them.

Put yourself in situations where you will find the kind of women you like and get to know them. I think we're all more likely to accept people who fall outside our norms when we actually know those people.
 skillian
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2009 7:47:24 PM
My type is...........men I like. Does that clear this up for you? The types of my friends are......men they like. Any other questions?
 WackMC
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/11/2009 8:39:16 PM

I know it's 2009 and there are quite a few interracial relationships going on... ...
But are white girls still "put off" by the idea of dating a black guy?

DOUBLETHINK: The power to hold two completely contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accept both of them.

When you get past this, women will date you. Until then, women can see very quickly that your eyes are brown because you are full of shit.
 titaniumbrella
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/11/2009 8:48:19 PM
It is going to be a little harder. I'm almost in the same boat. I say keep your options open even though women say they 'never settle'. I do find to have more in common with white and asian women. I AM finding hispanics to be a happy medium. They have a little of both worlds...some mixed(black/white) girls do as well though you know the whole light skin bs in the black community so a lot of them have blown up heads as well...though it's nice when you find one of them that's....normal.
 TheDao
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/11/2009 8:59:15 PM
It has very little to do with color. I have seen plenty of black men date Asians and white women. It's probably your attitude. I had a black friend that has many white female friends and date many white women.

Be a man and stop using your race as an excuse.
 chasing_praxis
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/11/2009 11:03:34 PM
Are these girls actually telling you that they won't date you because you're black? I don't know what it's like there, but it's really not a big deal in California. Most people I know are willing to date outside their race. I was just thinking about the last 6 guys I kissed; in no particular order 2 were black, 2 were white and 2 were Hispanic.
 PrankerPoet
Msg: 15
Posted: 8/12/2009 12:09:48 AM
Hell if I know.
My mum's been with a black guy for 6-7 years now and they're perfectly happy. Though I'm not sure how he's put up with her, as she can get very argumentative at times, but then again he goes for 'wanders' [down the pub].
lol.
 ThePurpleMarker
Msg: 16
Posted: 8/12/2009 12:35:10 AM
I'd be open to dating someone outside of my race if I found the person attractive. I tend to find myself attracted to Caucasian males most of the time, but there have been some exceptions. It really all comes down to personal preference though, like you tending to reject those that are of your race. Its just who your attracted too really, not something you can help at the end of the day.
 zinc_09
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2009 1:51:36 AM
OP: Plenty of white women women are perfectly happy to date black guys - and they aren't all looking for a thug: the last guy I dated was an IT manager :)

I think you've just been unlucky in the past.
 WalkingInLondon
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2009 3:11:21 AM
Personally, I think the thug thing is totally unattractive. The only girls that I see going after that kind of man are really young girls who dress and act like tramps...I blame the videos for pushing these values on young people. It really is sad.
If a black man asked me out, who was well educated, had class, had his shit together, and carried himself like a gentleman, I would have no problem dating him. I believe that is about the character of the man, not the color.
But it is a moot point, as I am attached.
Be the best man you can be, and you will attract a woman of the caliber you deserve. And don't discount black women as a whole, there are some extremely beautiful, intelligent, and wonderfully successful loving black women out there. Don't pass up a treasure just because of color.
Beth
 shake_things_up
Msg: 19
Posted: 8/12/2009 3:25:58 AM
depends on the type of asian girl you're going for.

As asians and south asians, we generally prefer lighter skin people...it's a culture thing.
 deborah815
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 8/12/2009 4:17:13 AM
You have your reasons for rejecting women of your own race. What's up with that? Why are we still hung up on color/race?
 afashionlady
Msg: 21
Posted: 8/12/2009 4:49:35 AM
Irony at its best...and you can't see it.

You're rejecting women like your mother and then are upset because white and asian women are rejecting you. Pot, meet kettle...you're both black (irony...).

Instead of feeling like you have to be anything but yourself, try being yourself.

Whatever you're doing, you're obviously not doing it right or you wouldn't be out here whining about it.

Look at what you're doing, ask a friend to critique you and see what happens.

And realize that women are women, regardless of the color.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Black men dating white women.