Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What do women in the their mid twenties want?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NoQuarterGiven
Msg: 1
What do women in the their mid twenties want? Page 1 of 1    
What do women my age want? Someone mature with a future or someone who parties alot and is fun? I'm not the kind of guy who is really silly and immature but that seems to be what women my age want. Should I be myself or try to dumb it down for them?
 Ry31Ry
Msg: 2
view profile
History
What do women in the their mid twenties want?
Posted: 8/16/2009 6:29:15 PM
As someone who dates younger women for the most part. I think the answer is both. Just because someone parties, is silly and can be immature doesn't mean hes not mature and can't have a future. Try not to see things so black and white. Ultimately be well rounded as a person.

Always be yourself but keep in mind as people we develope over time. We aren't really anything, we just make idenities for ourself. For example I was shy in my early 20s, I'm exstremely outgoing in my late 20's like complete 180. What I'm getting at is don't be so worried with who you are, just be who you are don't try to have an agenda. I'm generally nice, that doesn't mean I'm not a complete jerk to people. Be well rounded thats my advice, everyone has a lot of different sides, enbrace then don't try to hide them.
 MasterFireWalker
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2009 6:30:04 PM
From me? Usually more than a quarter, often with a picture of Franklin, but I have a rule:

NoQuarterGiven.

It was right there . . .
 honeyangel1985
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/16/2009 6:50:58 PM
Someone who has a job and is financially responsible.

A goal oriented man.

A man who is mature and responsible.

A man who is willing to make me and a relationship priority (having female friends is a no, no and would take away from a relationship).

A man who can spell loyalty and who takes it VERY seriously like I do.

Someone who doesn't do drugs or smoke.

A man who either doesn't drink or who rarely does.

A man who has the same or smiliar values, interests, and beliefs.

Definitely NO party guys. That is a huge turn off as it's very irresponsible behaviour.
 NoQuarterGiven
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/16/2009 7:06:24 PM

(having female friends is a no, no and would take away from a relationship).

That's extreme.
 cheerilystrawberry
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/16/2009 8:01:40 PM
Be yourself. There are plenty of young women looking for mature with a future.

You just need to find a different crowd.
 honeyangel1985
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/16/2009 8:05:02 PM
OP, not at all. How I was raised and it's called loyalty from my perspective.
 ILikeLotsofThings
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/16/2009 8:45:03 PM
So, you'd have no male friends?

Cutting off half the population because you are in a relationship seems pretty extreme to me. It would also make having mutual friends impossible.

Off topic, sorry.

Women in their mid 20s are as varied as guys in their mid 20s. Some want party, some want stability. You can't clump people together.
 GGSN
Msg: 9
Posted: 8/16/2009 8:45:52 PM

OP, not at all. How I was raised and it's called loyalty from my perspective.

So if you have a friend who is male, well, you must be, or have been, screwing him?
No?
Then why couldn't a guy have female friends?

Has nothing to do with loyalty. You are probably just an insecure, bitter person with trust issues who can't handle a guy you date having other women in his life.
 ThomasJS1
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2009 8:46:08 PM
Yeah no female friends thing is Extreme. It's a huge red flag that screams possible control freak and/or extremely jealous type. Neither of those are good.

Msg: 11
Posted: 8/16/2009 8:57:33 PM
GGSN, I don't have male friends when in a relationship. I'm never going to apologize to anyone for my beliefs. If a guy can't handle them he needs to shove the hell off.

It has everything to do with loyalty sweetie. LOL at your bashing of me.

Thomas, extreme? So you think I should tolerate cheating? No damn way! Ppl have to give their SO reasons for trusting them.

Gee the single life looks better and better all the time. Gee and I thought having standards and remaining true to one's upbringing was a positive. Pathetic how some little boys feel threatened by that.

Stinger911
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2009 9:08:33 PM
@ OP:

Like another guy said, you can't clump people together. Different people want different things.

All girls want a fun time though. Some will expect more but they will be attracted if you're fun and authentic, regardless of what job you have or anything material.
 ~Simple Girl~
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/16/2009 9:13:00 PM

Someone who has a job and is financially responsible.

A goal oriented man.

A man who is mature and responsible.

A man who is willing to make me and a relationship priority (having female friends is a no, no and would take away from a relationship).

A man who can spell loyalty and who takes it VERY seriously like I do.

Someone who doesn't do drugs or smoke.

A man who either doesn't drink or who rarely does.

A man who has the same or smiliar values, interests, and beliefs.

Definitely NO party guys. That is a huge turn off as it's very irresponsible behaviour.

I would agree with most of what HoneyAngel says, but there's some that I'd change up a little:

First, yes he has to make me and the relationship a priority. That doesn't mean I have to come first in everything, but I would like to know that I'm thought of. Having no female friends is a bit extreme. You should be with someone you trust and having friends doesn't take away from a relationship.

Smoking isn't a deal breaker for me; drugs are. I don't smoke, but as long as the guy is respectful of that, his smoking is ok.

I'm not into partying and definitely don't want a guy that's going to go out every weekend and get smashed. An occassional night out drinking and shooting pool or singing karaoke is fine as lot as it's not an everyday occurrence.

I think I agree with all the other statements she had.
 sweetiepi
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/16/2009 9:46:49 PM
For dating/relationships, most girls my age want a mature guy with a future who also knows how to have fun once in a while. Obviously, some girls are just looking for a partier - because they are still in that stage themselves.

I would look at the kind of girls you are dating. If they party every weekend, they will likely want a guy who like to party all the time. If they have a career, or are working towards it, don't mind spending a Friday night at home occassionally, etc.. they are probably looking more for the mature guy.
 CamH09
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2009 2:04:31 AM
This is a tricky one, but I reckon you can be the joker, be really immature yet still let girls know that when it comes down to it, you can hold down a job etc and provide for her. Remember that Mr Serious alone will not keep her interested- having fun will. Actions speak louder than words. Don't get too fixated with one side of your personality, mix it up a bit. Surprise her. Unfortunately my experience has shown that being Mr Nice guy doesn't get you that far initially. I know so many guys my age, (about 24) who are so nice to girls, and they never get any. For the first few weeks/months at least you have to be a bit of a tosser (prick) to keep her interested. Don't put it all on a plate straight away otherwise there's nothing to fall back on. Unfortunately I am a really nice guy, but in my love life I have found that being an arrogant prick attracts women initially. Keep it completely light hearted and fun initially as well. Only later on is it good to ber serious and nice.
I'm not suggesting you should go out and be purposefully horrible to anyone, I hope this makes sense!!!
 PunkJesster
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2009 3:18:45 AM
Just be yourself - because if you dumb it down, you'll end up with someone who makes you unhappy and vice versa... I find an equal balance of immaturity and maturity lovely - I'm a complete child at times (when appropriate) and very mature for my age at others.. Just find out who you are, then search again. Cheers.
 honeyangel1985
Msg: 17
Posted: 8/17/2009 5:26:47 AM
aaddicctt, well you are wrong as I've learned there are many men out there with my perspective including my now ex who I met from POF. It is most definitely NOT insecurity, but how I was raised by my mother and I will never change my belief.
 taal
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2009 5:46:13 AM
As usual, it all depends on the women you pick. The best I can describe what I want out of a relationship is a best friend (and no, I don't mean I want to chat his ear off about girly shit all the time). I don't want somebody who's plastered every weekend, but I don't need somebody with every iota of their future planned out either.

And I agree with everybody in here saying no female friends is extreme. Having female friends doesn't mean you're cheating on your girlfriend or being disloyal in any way, and women with that rule are some of the most insecure people I have ever met. If you can't trust a man to have female friends and not sleep with them, then why are you even with anybody? That makes no sense at all.
 honeyangel1985
Msg: 19
Posted: 8/17/2009 5:49:41 AM
Taal, it does mean someone is being disloyal as they are focusing on other women and not their SO or wife. A man has to give reasons to be trusted. If he's cavorting with other women that's a reason NOT to trust him. From my experience, an ex of mine had female friends and eventually I learned he was screwing one of them so he was kicked out (we were living together) and dumped (my name was on the lease, his wasn't). Never again! Your definition of loyalty is diff than mine. It doesn't make yours right and mine wrong, because mine is sure as hell not wrong to me.
 LWT0013
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2009 6:40:27 AM
To each their own I suppose. I'll say that no female friends is too extreme for me because I'd lose almost all of my friends then. Yeah, there's a lot of douches who can't be trusted, but that doesn't mean all of us can't be trusted. If a guy truly loves a girl you could put him in the middle of the Playboy Mansion and he'd walk out without second thoughts.

Anyhow, in my opinion, most girls around our age are looking for a fun-loving guy who is either successful or looking to be successful, who will treat them right and can be a goofball and they can feel safe with at the same time. Usually cars are a must unfortunately, unfortunate because I don't have one. I'm a full-time college student with about 2 more years to go and a car is not a luxury I can afford at the moment because all my money goes towards bills, food, friends, and family right now.

A question though honeyangel, and simply out of curiosity, not trying to bash you or anything. What if your SO or husband had a female boss? Would he be required to quit his job because he has to pay attention to a female? And I'm assuming he wouldn't be allowed to be friendly or hang out with any of his buddies if they bring their SO or wife. I understand it's your believes and definition of loyalty, but to the majority it is rather extreme and controlling and chances are all the really good guys out there aren't into that. Stuff like that usually leads to abuse in a relationship. I have a friend who's soon-to-be-ex-husband is a prime example of that theory of no male friends and it became so bad he started shredding her "sexy" outfits and forcing her to take pictures of wherever she went and who she went with and beat her if she didn't or if she lied or disobeyed. It just has trouble written all over it in my opinion.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What do women in the their mid twenties want?