Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > in what way are australian women different to women of other cultures?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 wildtame
Msg: 1
in what way are australian women different to women of other cultures?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
This is a great site for social research, and i am curious with how people view the aussie woman. Not that i have a definition for the aussie woman, other than she must at least be legally aussie, but i am sure most of you would agree that the notion of an aussie woman is an image fixed for us by popular media of the 60's and 70's (TV). Any point of view on how we, or they differ ??
 vanaheim
Msg: 2
view profile
History
in what way are australian women different to women of other cultures?
Posted: 8/19/2009 4:58:07 AM
I'm glad you asked.

The Oz chick is a good shiela. As a kid she wants to fix your car for you. By mid teens she's into cooking dinner. There's a period there between 17-20 you don't really want to get in her face because everything's an argument but after that she comes good. Before she's married she will actually get beers from the fridge and laughs at all your mate's jokes. Once you do the deed she clings like a limpet and it's really very sweet to experience, though don't make her jealous because she will actually punch c*nt out of any competitors. At this point she's a champaigne blonde with a hot body and a ton of courage, her motto is try anything and turn lead into gold. After marriage she just gets better (so I've heard) and becomes a responsible mother you could leave the neighbourhood kids with and has the right answers to everything. Has a natural instinct for veggie gardens and gets on great with animals and wildlife, who'll just follow her around. By this point she's the one sitting around having beers and cracking the funny jokes, and the older she gets the kinder her face looks. Bloody smart too, though she'd probably never admit it.
 nevaagin
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/19/2009 3:06:05 PM
Seriously ... I think that sad sad poem 'The Drover's Wife' sums up the essence of Australian women ... even today . That way of squinting into the distance transfers itself into summing up men instinctively ... what's this rubbish about clinging ???.... and there is a pretty ingrained independence in OZ women . Also a dry wit . Historically we had to cope or go back to Mother England , and we still do ... cope I mean . We don't take 'wooden pennys' or bullshit , we can see a con artist coming a mile away and that's why any amount of elegantly kissing hands makes us want to wash them , out of sight so as not to offend . We drive better than men ... just the other day I saw the biggest richest car parked so badly it was a work of art , so I went up to the owner , standing with his mates , tall so I had to look up his nostrils , not nice , and told him 'That is the ********** worst case of parking I've seen ... could you move your car .' It turned out that he was one of the towns 'eligible , very , being feelthy rich , bachelors .. I was told all about him and his family by the laughing woman selling raffle tickets and summing up the passing parade ... she said he came back and as he passed her he said .. sniff... "Well . I suppose I'd better move the car or else ..sniff..I'll get growled at ". Sort of helps the purpose of this thread I believe . Apparently his family own most of the town . Doesn't impress me much ... so I sat in my car and waited till I could park after he moved his huge ostentatious car .. and the funny thing to me was he kept frowning 'Huh?' and looking back at me all 5ft2 of me ! Here for him was clearly a WTF situation . Funny .
 Naamah
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/19/2009 4:52:03 PM
Oh it's quite easy to distinguish the Australian Woman. We all have a 'Made in Australia' stamp on our butts, we carry our young in pouches, and we don't need to drink water because of all the gum leaves. We can't fly, but I'm tellin' you we can run the pants off a kangaroo.
 Adjustablehalo
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/19/2009 5:45:18 PM
My grandmother told me a long time ago that "we as aussie women " are the essence of independence the soul of spirit and nature that heals all . Aussie sheila's as we are known are not afraid of standing up for what we believe in helping the underdog or saving the poor kitty stuck in a tree

we are unique thats what makes us great
 vanaheim
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2009 6:01:10 PM

Excellant...is this some type of man code for "She will have a face like a slapped arse when she gets older"?
Only ugly people are ever referred to as having a "kind face".

Well to be fair I was thinking of silver haired garden gnomes at the time, but sure no doubt the creaking ghosts at the local centre for the dribbly think they're HOT!

I'm afraid old people fall into only two categories, kind faced or scary, good looking and ugly kinda left the boat a little ways back...(should prolly run for my life now)
 aphrodite000
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2009 6:57:18 PM
I'm old but have never been told I have a kind face, is this something for me to look forward to?
 nevaagin
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/19/2009 11:48:28 PM
As a discerning and keen eyed Australian woman something tells me [I didn't mention before that I was psychic did I] that we are in for more rotten weather . Just a feeling , you understand ... I will be in my bunker , courtesy of LULT .
 Beachippy
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 8/20/2009 2:11:55 AM
different?... well, women of other cultures may speak different languages and grow up in different social situations/cultures/economics....etc...

how do you compare?... of course they are "different".... viva la difference...

the familiar and the exotic....

reading posts in here you'd swear aussie women have a big chip on their shoulders regarding aussie men ...one that women of other nations don't seem to have.....

being exotic is only a plane fare away, it seems..... ....
 greyingred
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2009 5:05:58 AM

reading posts in here you'd swear aussie women have a big chip on their shoulders regarding aussie men

Yup along with a bowl of sauce in their hand and a flat head to place your tinnie.

I have found the average aussie woman to be exactly like women across the world, not average at all unless it is useful to play 'wifey simpering'.
 Milduraski
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2009 5:15:18 AM
life is like a box of chocolates, , , , just substitute "Aussie women" for "life"
 Prakticle
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/21/2009 7:30:20 AM

We can't fly, but I'm tellin' you we can run the pants off a kangaroo.

as witnessed by the fact ive never seen a Kangaroo with daks on......

Arabianangel
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/24/2009 3:40:17 AM
Being a regular on the Relationship threads which are predominantly Americans and Canadians, I’ve noticed how little us Aussies talk..even our posts are much shorter and concise.
 photoman001
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/24/2009 10:22:50 AM
Well I've come to appreciate Aussie girls even more over the past two weeks. For the regs I know in here I am presently in Chennai, India having spent a week in Thailand on the way here. I moved accom tonight and sat in the dinning room to hear my first "G'day mate" in two weeks. To top that off she is even from Melbourne as well.
I suppose it's not until you don't have something everyday that you miss it. Thai women and Indian women are certainly different from the Aussie girls. Funny how in their own country the Indian woman are subserviant to the men but that seems to change when they get to Oz, just ask my Indian mate! I have to say though that the women in India do dress beautifully all the time. Haven't seen a track suit or stretch pants in a week!

Being in the import business though I would insist on checking and verifying the "Made in Australia" stamp on Naamah's butt. Do you also have the green and gold triangle?

Check you back in Oz in 10 days or so.
 meat me
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/2/2009 4:45:00 PM
It's been my experience that once you turn them upside-down.
It's difficult to find any difference!
 Island home
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2009 10:12:48 PM
In this humble fellas opinion an Aussie woman is a shiela, a yank is a chic and a pom is a bird, how ever most of the shielas I know object to being called thus. So whats an international slang that would suit? Please oh please dont tell me Ms
 akasha28
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/2/2009 10:49:04 PM
I think difference is women from other parts of the world come with different ideals,values and belief systems.Especially if they come from a non-english speaking country or another Ethnic group other than European. If they were raised in another county, those beliefs rarely change though they will embrace the culture of the new country-as long as it doesn't conflict too much with ther own culture.Like-when in Rome, do as Romans do.

I guess women from other cultures live in two worlds,their own(being the culture they were raised in) and the western world/society. We jump backwards and forwards.
 Kissthisfrog !
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/3/2009 4:01:18 PM
Well they probably taste different..., it's all the salty air don't you know.
 macb11
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2009 1:42:00 PM
I think having a kind face is great!! better than having a mean face!
 losenut
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/6/2009 1:20:03 AM
Ozzie women walk like men, talk like men and in the end look like men....now thats what I call equality
 winteragain
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/6/2009 1:27:20 AM
oy mate, muh cousin be comin ova to the States from Roo-land. she came here bein suprised at the American serving size. Aussie women don't eat all their food at restaurants in America!! she ordered a chicken sandwich with some fries, only ate half the plate? crikey, she couldn't finish 2 lbs of food in one sittin. why can't aussie women handle the american waistline? come on now. american women ova hea, you better believe they can eat all the food they order at a restaurant. ohhh yeah eat em up son!
 matman
Msg: 22
 spicynicegirl
Msg: 23
Posted: 9/6/2009 4:25:41 AM
Well I'm not 100% Australian so you can relax mat.................LOL
 paulalaa
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/8/2009 3:10:34 AM
..well aren't you the lovely one!
 Way2Sexxay
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/8/2009 9:39:12 AM
ozzie women are racist, usually flat chested, and talk like a yobbo hahahaha. But nonetheless the ones who arent usually racist are nice. who deserve to be treated with respect and decency
Show ALL Forums  > Australia  > in what way are australian women different to women of other cultures?