Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > What do younger men HONESTLY think about older women?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Merilisa
Msg: 1
What do younger men HONESTLY think about older women?Page 1 of 1    
I'm 45, and there is a guy who I'm pretty sure is flirting with me and he's only 25.

Am I crazy? What do younger men honestly think of older women?

I'm in decent shape (I'm not thin), don't consider myself ugly. I hate the term "cougar" because I'm not the one doing the chasing. I don't think it's my imagination...
 SJS38
Msg: 2
What do younger men HONESTLY think about older women?
Posted: 8/23/2009 4:37:51 PM
This is something you really have to think about.

I personally think women in their 40's are hot as hell. The problem is... if he is 25, how is he going to think when HE is 45? Yow will officially be old and he will most likely want to trade you in. Do you want to start over at 62? I am sure you will really show your age at that point and then it's not so hot being the older woman. I am very attracted to older women, but at my age, an older woman would not want kids.
 Merilisa
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/23/2009 4:38:36 PM
LOL...thanks. I know that's true!

But, maybe the older woman wants to use HIM for sex. The stamina only a 25 year old can muster
 Kerplonk
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2009 4:39:26 PM
Guy's don't have a homogeneous opinion on women. I'm super into asian women and girls from foriegn countries but almost none of my friends are. My friend jared likes girls a little on the heavy side which I'm totally not into. It's not something an opinion poll is going to help you out with.
 SJS38
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/23/2009 4:41:28 PM
I am almost 38 and I have a lot more stamina than when I was 25.

LOL When I was 20 I was a 2 min man. At 25 I was a 5 min man. That's the part that gets much better with age.
 colt8301
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/23/2009 4:44:49 PM
Older women are cool, they tend to forget all the coyness that goes with being a "girl" They tend to not need a man except for one purpose and we only need our imagination for that purpose, and alot of guys has always had a teacher fantasy at one point in our life or other Personally I would not consider having a long-term relationship with one it would only be experimentation.
 Merilisa
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/23/2009 4:45:53 PM
That's true. I prefer quality over quantity any day...
 what-a-knob-head1
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/23/2009 4:48:48 PM
There's generally 3 types of men that chase older women:

1) the glory hunters looking to get their milf wings

2) The unstable guy looking for a replacement mother

3) The guy who grew up too fast, can no longer relate to his own age group
 Scratch off
Msg: 9
Posted: 8/23/2009 4:54:10 PM
You only have room for about 21 replies. There are more than 21 ways that younger men feel about older women. Depends on the guy, depends on the age gap, depends on both ages, depends on what the two people are looking for.

That said, 20 years is a big gap for a 25 year old man. More likely than not, you're being viewed as a novelty, but I could be wrong.

If it were a ten year gap, and he was 35, I'd say it's probably nothing to be concerned about. But hey, if you're just looking to knock boots, you're probably going to enjoy each other a great deal. If you're looking for a stable relationship at 45, and he's only 25, you're probably wasting your time. But who knows without knowing the two individuals?
 1kindMan4U
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/23/2009 6:00:31 PM
It's about sex, money or about an Oedipus thing (mama complex) possibly all 3.

If you want sex, go for it. Keep in mind that when he gets around to wanting to spermdonate for children, it wont be with you AND there will reach a point where those young hotties will be a lot more appealing than you will be.

If you want to mother your lover, go for it. but if you have had kids, remember what it took to GET them to be responsible.. Can you really get excited sexually about a kid who leaves his room a mess and plays with booze and cars?

If you want to be used for your money, well heck.. send some MY way.. You'll get a much better return on your investment with me.

And finally.. if you HAVE kids now.. especially younger ones or including a teen daughter, you will lose so much respect from them you'll never recover AND he might be scamming on her.. Hmmmmm.. pondering that one.

Oh, I looked at your profile. No picture, but it says you are 42 and ALL your kids are over 18. It might appear that you are presenting as incredibly sexual at a much younger age and to some young pup like this guy maybe you still are... which puts you back at the all about sex motivation.
 benspurr
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/23/2009 6:19:03 PM
A relationship between an older woman (40s+) and a younger man (25-) can never progress more than sex and nurturing. Although the relationship can be immensely intimate, it could just never be taken seriously, especially from the young man.

So if you're just looking for sex, by all means do it.
 NerdStatus
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2009 6:38:41 PM

What do younger men honestly think of older women?

Experienced, not in it for the money, or to play mind games :up: good stuff right there :up:

A relationship between an older woman (40s+) and a younger man (25-) can never progress more than sex and nurturing. Although the relationship can be immensely intimate, it could just never be taken seriously, especially from the young man.

Load of crap.
 CyranoSD
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/23/2009 7:14:02 PM
My father told me there are three great things about older women:
1) They don't tell
2) They don't swell
3) They appreciate it like hell

DemonDingleBerry
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/23/2009 7:15:48 PM

I hate the term "cougar" because I'm not the one doing the chasing.

Here's a simple little tool.
M.I.L.F. = Mom I'd Like to use to Fvck.
Cougar = Mom that would like to use me to fvck.

What do younger men honestly think of older women?

When there is an age difference of more than ten years and we are talking the guy is in his 20's?

If they want to have sex with her and think it may be possible? They think "age is just a number, she's great, awesome personality, friendly, kind, caring, giving, sensual, intelligent, just plain awesome. I am going to approach this as though I see it as more than just sex, as though I actually see her as a person. And I'm going to make myself believe it too."

If they want to have sex with her and think it might be possible but they're (either one) in a relationship? They think "She is such a nice woman, I should spend more time with her as 'friends,' help her out, be nice, because she's a great person. I'm going to approach this as though I don't want sex, just friendship. And I'll believe it for a while too."

If they want to have sex with her and know in no uncertain terms it is impossible? They think, "What a ****. Nice boobs. I'd hit it."

If they don't want to have sex with her and don't care if it's possible or not? They think "Was somebody talking? Awwww, she seems nice. I hope she finds someone some day, I'll bring her some cookies."
Or
"That's gross."
Or
"Nothing at all..."
 benspurr
Msg: 15
Posted: 8/23/2009 7:18:14 PM

Load of crap.

What a compelling argument. I guess you're right.
 B√£bygirl
Msg: 16
Posted: 8/23/2009 7:25:35 PM

Sex... lotsa sex...
no nagging, no attachment, no drama, no games...
Just sex.... wild monkey sex...
Until the guy finds a better match.... (around his age)....

Ive actually asked a younger guy that exact question and the quote above was his reply.
To his credit I dont get drama, games or attachment from him either so its win win.

WalkingInLondon
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2009 8:09:54 PM
"Raising Hand"

I got this one.

They are thinking great sex with the possiblility of a Lunchable and a juice box for the ride home!

Beth
 Pleaser1965
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/23/2009 8:16:43 PM
If you are to hook up with a younger man to satisfy your sexual urges and both are on the same page just go for it girl!
I have one "problem" LOL I wish I was that guy yo uare interested in.
You could be surprised what some older guys can do for you on top of experience.

All the best to you and the 20something guy.
 Pleaser1965
Msg: 19
Posted: 8/23/2009 8:19:55 PM
And someone who has a genuine attraction for that woman.
I know a guy in a serious relationship with an older woman not becauseof the reasons you list but because the heart as there for both, and a good friendship.
 benspurr
Msg: 20
Posted: 8/23/2009 8:28:03 PM

They are thinking great sex with the possiblility of a Lunchable and a juice box for the ride home!

"$4.95 for a Lunchable? You put that back!"
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > What do younger men HONESTLY think about older women?