Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Describe your favorite opening contact message      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 scottmcfish
Msg: 1
Describe your favorite opening contact messagePage 1 of 1    
I would like to read about the most charming, endearing, arousing, interesting, heart touching first contact message some of you ladies have ever gotten.

What was the jist of the message? How did it make you feel? What did it tell you about the person sending it? How did you respond and how did that exchange end up? If you got a similar message in the future, do you think you would react in the same way

*takes out a thick note pad and opens a package of pens*
 Azalea7
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Describe your favorite opening contact message
Posted: 8/25/2009 9:10:19 PM
I've gotten over 1,200 first contacts, and none of them were charming, endearing, arousing, or heart-touching, though two or three were a little interesting. So the ones that worked, how did they work? By being pleasant and starting a conversation.
 ForumFlounder
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/25/2009 9:14:42 PM
Just one that I thought was cute:

"You've got a nibble."

Abbicci
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2009 9:17:07 PM
They are from guys I find attractive, who have solid profiles and they don't type in all caps.

If they have those things, the message should be simple and without pretense.
 brad29483
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/25/2009 9:20:39 PM
So you basically think women are so stupid that if you mimic something some other guy wrote to a girl, its going to magically get you a phone number or a first date. What happens when she finds out with the 2nd message you are NOT that guy?

There is no magic bullet.

L2F (learn to fish) <--- my new TM.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2009 9:43:21 PM
I think he's cute, he reads my profile, he's got a good profile, and he shows personal interest and makes me want to respond to him based on what he wrote.
 scottmcfish
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/25/2009 9:47:55 PM
^^^I didn't mean to imply I plan to cut n' paste a good message and start shooting it off as if they were my own words.

Maybe you would like to share your experience with a first contact messages that left a positive impact on you? If things don't work out with the women, it would be good to already know a thing or two about getting the guys' attention while I'm at it.

<--- L2F (learning to fish)
 chasing_praxis
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/25/2009 9:50:04 PM
My favorite one so far was "sup". Yes, that was the entire message.
 ElkRiverKayaker
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2009 10:23:20 PM

My favorite one so far was "sup". Yes, that was the entire message.

Ooh, that SO has mine beat! 'Hi, how are you' was a one-liner I received. I wrote back, 'Fine. You?' (rotf,lmho).

I just feel so discouraged, when I'm expected to reply to a single sentence email - especially from someone who has a profile with no 'interests' listed, and an 'essay' of two or three sentences.
 WalkingInLondon
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2009 10:34:35 PM
"You have a great profile, and I'd really like to talk to you. Take a look at my profile and let me know if you're interested."

KISS-Keep it simple, Stupid!

Beth
 WackMC
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/25/2009 11:10:09 PM
"Let's do lunch! Put your weiner in my buns!"
 OSUguy99
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/26/2009 2:29:05 AM
spit or swallow?
 afashionlady
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/26/2009 5:01:43 AM
You need to put away the pad and pens.

First, you can only have 21 posts here (welcome to POF).

Secondly, most guys saying hi I liked ______ about your profile do hella better than hi what's up. That's annoying as hell since this isn't IM.

WORST first message...? I'd like to ___________ to your __________. He got blocked quick fast and in a hurry and so did anyone else who followed.

Best? Those who keep it simple and real and most importantly, I find them attractive. No long ass crime and punishment posts...and their profile has to be interesting.

PS...your profile could use some work sweetness.
 anjelic
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/26/2009 5:11:32 AM
First don't open with an insult, you would be suprised at the idiots who do and wonder why they aren't dating. Second as said before there is no magic opening line/message.
I will quote AFL as she said it so well.

"Best? Those who keep it simple and real and most importantly, I find them attractive." No long ass crime and punishment posts...and their profile has to be interesting."

It will require some thought and effort on your part. Start with your profile.
 potsmoker2009
Msg: 15
Posted: 8/26/2009 5:47:21 AM
doesn;' matter as long as your good looking and have a big peenis you can say anything you want to a woman. When it comes down to it we all really know what women want.
 scottmcfish
Msg: 16
Posted: 8/26/2009 10:23:25 PM
Good looking? *Check!* (I get great reviews from the grandmothers and other assorted little old ladies). Big Penis? *Half-Check!* (aahh I shouldn't sell myself short here) *Three quarters-Check!*. Being able to say anything I want to a woman and get a positive reaction? *Non-Check...*

I dunno dude, you're formula doesn't seem to be workin out so great for me over here.
 Eowyn1492
Msg: 17
Posted: 8/26/2009 10:32:17 PM
the best message I have gotten was actually in a foreign language, since I put that I like to learn new things, the message was basic, but it was the extra step. At the end in parenthesis, it gave the link to the google translator, and asked me what the hell he just put here because he didn't speak the language. I was super interested. We talked for a little while, and just happened to be on different levels of relationship interest, but he really stood out.
 karma1160
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/26/2009 10:35:52 PM
I had someone say they were wagging their tail over me which is related to the little scenario I have in my profile about the family dog.
 The Brunette Bombshell
Msg: 19
Posted: 8/27/2009 8:26:26 AM
'You're awesome, lets get a beer. Give me your number.'

Meh I'm not nearly as picky as the other ladies, I'm just an old fashioned gal.
 definitelybratty
Msg: 20
Posted: 8/27/2009 9:09:46 AM
Ones that show he really took the time to read my profile and not just scan the pic by commenting on something specific (with wit is a bonus).
 sweet_n_heart
Msg: 21
Posted: 8/27/2009 1:38:26 PM
He's attractive, shows he actually read my profile, wrote at least a paragraph, actually tells enough about himself, his interests and what looking for in his profile, then I will reply and see how it goes.

But if i don't find you attractive, basically have sh*t effort in your message sent or in your profile and nothing in common, then not going to reply.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Describe your favorite opening contact message