Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > If you kiss someone that smokes a lot      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 baseballboy
Msg: 1
If you kiss someone that smokes a lotPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
That's not going to make you smoke, right?

I quit three years ago, but this woman who I made out with last night was a chain-smoker.

Made me nervous. After I quit smoking I got a lot healthier. I hope this doesn't count as a relapse.
 tbuddha
Msg: 2
If you kiss someone that smokes a lot
Posted: 8/27/2009 2:52:31 PM
When a girl with smoker breath kisses me, it's an automatic turn off. Disgusting...
 CaRo78
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/27/2009 2:58:15 PM
if shes a chain smoker, its only a matter of time before you may give in.......

whats easy to give up, a chain smoker you have only just met? or smoking?

u decide!
 baseballboy
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/27/2009 2:59:25 PM
We're not hooking up again. This was the only time in my life that a woman was trying to put her tounge in my mouth and I was trying to keep it shut.
 CaRo78
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/27/2009 3:29:11 PM
well stay strong then, buy some gum and move past it! youll be fine!
 IdoDares1
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2009 4:18:09 PM
You're with a chain smoker and what worries you is that kissing might cause a relapse? This is just plain silly.
 Leeanne
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2009 4:30:34 PM
I had quit smoking for a few years and dated someone that smoked - it was gross to taste on him - made me glad I had quit! I don't think anything could make me smoke again - it's nice to breath!
 Zebra Circle
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/27/2009 5:26:00 PM

When a girl with smoker breath kisses me, it's an automatic turn off. Disgusting...

Ditto, ditto, DITTO!

To a big-time nonsmoker, a woman with smoker's breath is grosser than gross.
 _batman
Msg: 9
Posted: 8/27/2009 5:32:06 PM
mmmm, nothing is a mood killer like tasting an ashtray.
 Shaitan
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/27/2009 5:46:45 PM
Dude I'd be more worried about being retarded than relapsing because you kissed a chic that smoked... WTH? ..

^T^
 TOMic bomb
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/27/2009 6:10:37 PM
her saliva contains massive quantities of nicotine, the addictive substance that makes you want to keep smoking.

had you swirled your tongue around hers, had you swabbed out her mouth with your tongue while french kissing you surely would have picked up saliva and swallowed the addictive nicotine. this could easily lead you into craving a cigarette.

never ever kiss a woman who is a smoker no matter how hot she is. her breath is stonky and smells like a wildebeeste's azzhole and her smoke stench is horrendous.

BEWARE!!!!!
 _batman
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/27/2009 6:26:04 PM
OMG!

So thats how I got addicted to men then?

Wait, that didnt come out right >_>
 lovemesomemen
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/27/2009 6:54:12 PM

We're not hooking up again. This was the only time in my life that a woman was trying to put her tounge in my mouth and I was trying to keep it shut.

Then why worry about it? If you were going to see her again, hook up with her again, the taste MIGHT make you want to start again. But if it was a one time thing, no biggie
 DALLASDAME
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2009 9:00:48 PM
OP

I am one of those horrible smokers! Ha ha ha. Now the best kind of smoker for you is someone who can go without one in your presence. This means if she spends the night she is never to smoke period. There's plenty of time for smoking when she's back on her own turf. I've dated many men who did not smoke and they never had to worry about me lighting up. Most of the time they forgot that I did until a friend would bum one. Shoot, I don't have time to smoke when I'm getting some good lovin'!
 Rob_SA
Msg: 15
Posted: 8/27/2009 9:57:33 PM
I'm a smoker and I actually prefer the generic smell or taste of smoke breath to tasting what they had for lunch.
 WalkingInLondon
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2009 10:04:22 PM
I used to smoke, but I never smoked during the day, because I did not want to smell like cigarettes when dealing with clients. Mornings were too busy to even think of smoking, so the only time I would take a puff or two was in the evening before bed, just to relax.
My bf didn't smoke, so I didn't smoke around him, and he was over all weekend, so if I did hav a cigarette I would go outside and then brush my teeth after.

One weekend I totally forgot about smoking...it was 5 days later when I realized I had just quit.

I'm not perfect, I've taken a puff or two here and there, but usually only at extremely stressful times.
My bf never hounded me, or said anything about me smoking...I always made sure I smelled and tasted fresh and clean for him. That was cool, his whole attitude about it.

Beth
 winteragain
Msg: 17
Posted: 8/27/2009 10:06:49 PM
it's the nicotine that gets people, not so much the tasty tar/smokey flavor of a good Marlboro so unless she's chewin nicorette you should be fine
 totoman
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/28/2009 2:09:44 AM
Truth is this is a deal-breaker for many people. You'll probaI curently smoke at the moment so it wouldn't bother me. But if you think the taste of a cigarette is going to cause you to smoke, it looks like you're finding reasons to ALLOW yourself to smoke. But you know as well as I do, the taste of spent tobacco is not going to cause you to pick up another cigarette. If you are losing yourself in her, and are willing to let anything slide to keep the relationship in harmony, then get away. When a guy tells me he is affraid he might smoke again over some girl -- goood or bad -- then I say you need to look at your plans and goals to remain nicotine free. Either that or go pick up another cigarette -- because that's what I'm hearing as what you want to do.
 miss_contemplative
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2009 7:51:42 AM
Just don't kiss smokers. Problem solved.
 spitfire6844
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2009 8:08:21 AM
OP: if you're trying to stay on the wagon in regard to not smoking, you need to remove all opportunities to relapse. Screen friends and dating prospects ruthlessly. You don't want to be in smoky bars and clubs if you want to avoid resuming the habit.

Kissing a smoker is out for you.
 LovinLife_01
Msg: 21
Posted: 8/28/2009 8:12:47 AM

TOMic bomb:her saliva contains massive quantities of nicotine, the addictive substance that makes you want to keep smoking.

had you swirled your tongue around hers, had you swabbed out her mouth with your tongue while french kissing you surely would have picked up saliva and swallowed the addictive nicotine. this could easily lead you into craving a cigarette.

never ever kiss a woman who is a smoker no matter how hot she is. her breath is stonky and smells like a wildebeeste's azzhole and her smoke stench is horrendous.

BEWARE!!!!!

Damn, Man! Stop beating around the bush...and come out with how you REALLY feel!

Dude I'd be more worried about being retarded than relapsing because you kissed a chic that smoked... WTH? ..

Yeah! What she said!

Sheesh! Things people worry about!
 throwit2me
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2009 8:46:56 AM
Congratulations on quitting.

I've never smoked and I'm generally very sensitive to the smell of smoking, but I've made out with a handful of women smokers both when drinking and not and I never tasted that they were smokers. I found it very strange.
 baseballboy
Msg: 23
Posted: 8/28/2009 12:44:52 PM

Hey, I'm just trying to stay in good shape. Unlike you apparently I give a stuff about my own health.
 totoman
Msg: 24
Posted: 8/28/2009 3:28:45 PM

Hey, I'm just trying to stay in good shape. Unlike you apparently I give a stuff about my own health

Yeah but if you were that serious then you wouldn't be dating her. It's not the kiss that's going to get you... and you know it.
 whytwater
Msg: 25
Posted: 8/28/2009 5:09:59 PM

I'm thinking that a smoker at least has the option of quitting. But an inarticulate cretin.....[/quoate]

LOL. Nope, you can't fix stupid. But that presupposes that the OP's inquiry is what it appears to be, and not a fairly transparent announcement that he does not smoke, but is available, and is lost in the woods and it's getting dark.

Now the best kind of smoker for you is someone who can go without one in your presence.

Sneaky smokers?!! They're the best kind? LMAO I tried that a few times, when I was a teenager, slipping around the corner, kinda outta sight. But sooner or later, they always caught me.
I can't lie worth a damn, either.

Listen well to Gamslover, OP. Stay away from the beer-battered shrimp- it'll get you hooked.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > If you kiss someone that smokes a lot