Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Your boyfriend looks or talk to other females....is that cheating?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 iowaniceguy
Msg: 1
Your boyfriend looks or talk to other females....is that cheating?Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
What happends if you look or talk to another female..is that cheating? I think most females think that if you go and hang out with other females...she will think that you don't care or love her anymore. That is not right. Does anyone agree/disagree with me?
 late™
Msg: 2
Your boyfriend looks or talk to other females....is that cheating?
Posted: 7/8/2005 12:39:48 AM

What happends if you look or talk to another female..is that cheating?

No

I think most females think that if you go and hang out with other females..

disagree

she will think that you don't care or love her anymore.

disagree

That is not right.

agree

Does anyone agree/disagree with me?

Yes
 designerboi
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/8/2005 12:44:03 AM
you can always look at the menu..
 stronglove
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/8/2005 12:45:36 AM
What happens when you're on a diet and go into a candy store and don't buy any and walk out with the same zero calories in your hand as you did when you walked in? Nothing!

It's okay to look as long as your significant other isn't with you. When she is with you, all your attention should be on her to the exclusion of every female in the world. It's okay to talk to other women as long as the talk isn't flirting or you aren't asking for a date.

I've known a lot of women and dated a lot of them for a lot of years, from junior high school, high school, college, adult dating, relationships (no dating except with my significant other then), breakup, and now dating again heavily. I have never met any woman who would take exception to you talking to other women or looking at them either (but it isn't polite to do when your lover is with you).

cuterguy
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/8/2005 1:30:35 AM
Old girlfriend got pissed when I looked---Big deal, I think I know where the line is.

Sure---sure, she would get pissey, but when did she lose that Table muscle that packed her jeans????------AFTER WE BROKE UP!!

I just don't get it.

hehehehe
 Cdub151
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/8/2005 2:47:38 AM
According to this I would never a girlfriend. I look at every girl that will ever cross my path.
Its a reflex.

I'm pretty good at hiding it, especially when I'm with someone.
 1ladyjewl
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/8/2005 3:59:45 AM
I don't mind at all when my husband looks at or talks to other women. It means nothing. He has enough respect for me that he doesn't make comments or make it obvious that he finds them attractive. My husband is a very friendly person. He will talk to anyone. That's one of the things that I fell in love with. Why would I want to change that?
 7times
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/8/2005 4:15:54 AM
well if the one I was with thought anything like that I would be single real quick, I'd dump her and move on with someone who isn't so insecure
 mule6900
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/8/2005 4:43:46 AM
I know when I go to a bar my ex would get up set If I play pool and a woman is up next. She would tell me to quit when I'm winning just because shes a woman. I think it becomes jellousy and I didn't mind if guys talk to her because I trusted her. She finaly thought I was cheating because woman would talk to me. Only because we have played against each other before. What ended it for me is when she came up and called a woman a slut. I was so inbarrised/probubly spelled it wrong. I have appoligised a couple of times because she was married and her husband was sitting there. So I've talked to much. One more thing it does determin on if they just have no reason to and get up and leave just to do it thats wrong but either you trust or don't and that won't last. Now jellousy does show you care but it not pretty.
 *Em*
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/8/2005 4:47:56 AM
long as he doesnt sleep with her lol
i have male friends so why shouldnt "he" have female friends?
 niggles
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/8/2005 5:49:29 AM
Most of my friends are girlfriends... just kinda happened that way. This cheating thing?.. well i kinda think that its matter of trust. Past relationships i’ve been within... never been a problem for me to introduce my partner to my friends - male or female friends. Most of my friends live abroad (I visit them all as much as i can - and them me)... so the mentality is much different… they are more tactile towards each other in a non-threatening way. A previous relationship I was in, my girlfriend use to comment on another guy or girls looks… In a kinda friendly manner… taking offence, or feeling threatened would say more about me than her!! I’m a trust the person on the inside and outside… without which.. there is no hope.
 andimwritingstuff
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/8/2005 5:54:23 AM
Nope, not cheating.
Now, if the talking is done naked, while exchanging bodily fluids .......
Ummm....yeah thats cheatin
 sweety683
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/8/2005 5:58:57 AM
No not cheating!!!! Hell, I'll even check out guys half the time, I'm comfortable with myself and I know that whoever I'm with won't do that to me so yeah...I don't consider it cheating. Now if a woman walked up to him in a bar that he had no idea who she was and started chatting him up and he didn't coily mention he had a girlfriend...then I'd be a little upset but until there is lip to anywhere action...it's not cheating.
 checkingup
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/8/2005 6:22:58 AM
Looking isn't cheating, but I can understand someone getting upset if it is carried too far. Everyone looks, but if you are breaking your neck to get a better look and going on and on about how good the other woman looks then of course your girlfriend will get upset.

Talking? All depends on what you are talking about. If it is a normal conversation that you would have with another man, then no it isn't cheating. If it is a sexually charged conversation then yes it is cheating.

Hanging out with other women? Yes that does seem like cheating to me. More so if it is just you and a woman alone together in a private location rather than in public. A lesser degree of cheating than having sex with someone, but cheating all the same. I can understand why your girlfriend would be upset with you hanging out with other females. She has let you know how she feels, yet you still do it and to me, that would say loud and clear "I don't care about you!!!"
 Blastkist
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/8/2005 6:32:10 AM
I'm ok with him looking all he wants...as long as he can accept that I'm going to look too...I might even lick my lips while I'm at it...heck I might even hope the guy notices I'm licking my lips, oh wait, yeah , i can stare at his crotch too, that'll get him going...oh and heck, why don't i just accidentally drop my phone number into his grocery basket...yeah...and then i'll just look at him alittle bit more...I mean it's all innocent right?

Give me a break! Other than a casual observation at someone's appearance, what on earth do you need so much with looking? Heck, I barely look now and I'm single for goodness sake.

This is a behaviour that I have never understood. There is NOTHING more disrespectful or more weak than being with a man in public and he actually gawks at another woman...so uncool, soooo weakminded...a casual observation needn't last longer than 2.2 seconds at which point i'm too busy looking at my S.O. than to be bother staring at some other guy.

That kind of malarchy just escalates, then most (not all) seem to wonder why it escalated to wholesale infidelity.

Useless passtime...window shopping.

O.T: I believe if you have a valid reason to look or talk with anyone of the opposite sex, you should be able to and that hardly constitutes cheating...come on, we know what intention is...figure it out!
 niggles
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/8/2005 6:48:20 AM
I’m going throw a spanner in the works - my friends know I can talk to them about anything and the same for them. I do see a line between what could be conceived as ‘private’… but I would hope that in the path of sadness.. No subject would be beyond discussion. Regarding contact…well I once met a female friend of mine in town (girlfriend at the time was with me).. my female friend saw me, came running up and wrapped her arms around me with a big hug... this says more about her personality… and warmth as a person than anything else!
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2005 7:00:08 AM
We are asking this question in 2005 ?

Talking with someone is not cheating, sleeping with them is.

I have had many female friends, probably more than males ones. I expect that any woman I am seeing is capable of being trusted, if she isn't - she won't be with me long.
 ~Ames~
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/8/2005 7:09:36 AM
No way! Look but don't touch! I will be the first to point out another "hot chick" to my guy. If it goes beyond looking though....that is a whole other story!!!
 indigo rose
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/8/2005 7:17:18 AM
My new motto...FIGHT NAKED
 Spoiled Princess
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/8/2005 8:55:46 AM
Well He\\ No!! That's just pure ignorance
 HAHANOW
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/8/2005 8:57:54 AM
Oh I see a little Green monster ! Thats all this is.... Talking to or looking at another woman is NOT Cheating dear.
 justswell
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/8/2005 8:59:42 AM
my bf says its like when a woman sees a pretty flower their going to stop to look at it. No differnt for a guy. When they see a pretty lady, they stop to look at it!!
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2005 8:59:43 AM
One of my favorite games to play with a women I know well, is to walk down the street hand in hand.

The idea is to squeeze the others hand when someone that really interests you physically walks by. The strength of the squeeze relates to the amount of attraction.

I have has some great times doing that, and it has led to some fascinating discussions afterwards.

That ISN'T something you do at the start of a relationship, only afterwards when you are secure and trust the person.
 HB2
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/8/2005 9:14:34 AM
Nope...not cheating!
I look so why shouldn't he?
I know who's bed he'll be sleeping in at night!
 lola05
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2005 11:21:47 AM

It's okay to look as long as your significant other isn't with you. When she is with you, all your attention should be on her to the exclusion of every female in the world. It's okay to talk to other women as long as the talk isn't flirting or you aren't asking for a date.

stronglove
I was just about to say something like that but you said it perfectly.

Something else that can guide someone is just treating the other person in the way you'd like to be treated.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Your boyfriend looks or talk to other females....is that cheating?