Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > If a guy gives you his number, should I call him? To all the guys!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Juju83
Msg: 1
view profile
History
If a guy gives you his number, should I call him? To all the guys!Page 1 of 1    
I've been emailing with this guy for about a week or so... He gave me his number so we can talk, but I've not yet to give him mine. Should I call him or should I just email him my number to call me? What do you think I should do? Your thoughts on this matter is greatly appreciate! thanks
 etourdi77
Msg: 2
If a guy gives you his number, should I call him? To all the guys!
Posted: 8/29/2009 4:12:16 PM
You should star 67 when you call. Talk to him a few times then see how you feel about him. If everything is cool then you could give out your number.
 Scratch off
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/29/2009 4:19:16 PM
No. Never call. Chat perpetually.

What a silly question. Of course you should call, if you are interested in him. Isn't that the point of meeting someone online? (Actually eventually talking outside of cyberspace and perhaps even - get this - meeting for real.)
 KalebLove
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/29/2009 4:24:53 PM
Two things. Go watch the movie, hes just not that into you.
Notice the type of guys that give there number and never answer calls.
The answer to these types of guys is no. Don't call.

Then there are guys who you can tell are into you. They started the convo, means they are interested. They compliment you. Or they have chatted with you every day, and pull off a heres my number, call me.

Then yes, call.
 jimmorrison4
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/29/2009 4:27:12 PM
Women seem to play the disappearing act when a guy asks for their number on here.

He gave you his number to call him. So call him.
 SassySky
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/29/2009 4:29:10 PM
In my experience out here on the internet dating world. The guy is usually the one that gives him number. Since this gives the woman the option of *67 their number.

Why wouldn't you call him in you are interested in him???
 wileygy
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2009 4:30:27 PM
urghhhh.i can't say what i really want to!!!but the short answer is yes.( that means call....and not next week or 6 months down the line) go ahead....we'll wait
 rainman12
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2009 4:38:39 PM

He gave me his number so we can talk

Well if you want to talk to him, call. If you don't want to talk to him, don't call. We can't read your mind, so we don't know if you really want to talk to the guy or not. Assuming you do...then you know what step to take.

And forget the rules about waiting X days before calling. He gave you his number, he would like you to call him sooner rather than later.
 Megaladonfishy
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2009 4:44:26 PM
I'd probably call with your # blocked a couple of times, definitely meet and feel safe with him before you give out too much info in case he is working on a shrunken head collection
 lucky_md
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2009 4:48:15 PM
Please be safe and dial *67 before you dial his number. That way your number doesn't show up on his call display.

Then when you're talking with him on the phone you can decide if there's any connection or not and chose to give him your number, or not.

The reason he gave you his number was out of respect for you. He thought you might not want him to have your number yet, as a lot of women here don't give their number out right away. They prefer to call the man first using the *67 method to see if they're a creep or not. ( ie trying to talk sex talk etc)
So, it's a good thing he did.
And yes you should call him, if you have interest in him.
 farceur
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/29/2009 5:12:03 PM
No, don't call him. He gave you his number as a test of your self restraint. By giving in to the urge to call you will show yourself to be too impulsive, a bad trait for a mother. He won't want his children being raised by some woman whose itchy fingers could not stay away from her telephone.
 sweetlikesugarcane
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/29/2009 5:59:51 PM
Please ignore all of the insulting, rude and sarcastic replies.

Calling him from a blocked number is the safest thing but he might be offended. Tell him that you are going to do it before you dial.

I usually give the guy my number if we have exchanged a few emails but that can turn out badly so be careful.

Keep us updated!
 Invictus74
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/29/2009 7:27:40 PM
I usually give my number and contact info out first because I recognize many women are hesitant about this.

That said, call him. Call from a blocked/private number and see how it goes. If you have had a good feeling about things so far, then you have nothing to worry about.

yet.
 Krebby2001
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2009 7:37:49 PM
OP
You have his number but he does not have yours. The cards are dealt. If you want to change the stack, then call him and block your number. Or, give him your number and see what he does. Either way, you're dealing the cards right now. Take your pick.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2009 7:49:45 PM
No. mmmMMMM YES!!! Really! Oooh, No.Noo, noo. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaybeee......
Naah, nope, no. Definitely not. Decidedly, yes. Absolutely.
Could it be any other way? Of course nnnnnnnnnn...No, don't. No.. no.

YYYYYYYYYyyyyyyy,no. Yes! yes, yes, yes. Wait. What WAS the number? Run it past a numerologist for analysis. Okay? what did he/she say? Yes?
Then no, never.
Wait, I'll ask my cat, she knows everything.

Hmmmmm-mmm-mmm-mmmhmmm.....
Oh, she says "tuna solves everything." Try tuna. I think that means YES!!

Or no, could go either way.
 Chiwrtr72
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2009 7:52:32 PM
Call... it's really is that simple :)
 Willys Wild Wheaties
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2009 8:02:11 PM
I guess some have given out cell numbers...I have given out my work number before and no problem.....talking on the phone is a lot better than email...One I talked to turned out to be a real flake and never could have figured out in email!
 Harry Peter
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2009 8:10:05 PM
If a guy gives me his number, no you shouldn't call him, since he's likely gay. Unless you want a cool friend that is, or cross your fingers that he's bi.

Ok, read the rest. Mail him a note saying I like you, you like me, check yes or no. Only if you like him that is. It's easy to get addresses on the net I hear.
 LvnInTheMoment
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2009 8:20:25 PM
Listen...I don't care what anyone else think out here. It's a no brainer. Think about...what guy doesn't want you to call him? If you have been chating with him for like a week he obviously likes you or wants something from you. If you like him and you don't think he's a creep then just call him.
 Jacklookn4jill2
Msg: 20
Posted: 8/29/2009 8:22:50 PM
First calls are never racking for me. I would much rather receive one than make one!!

A good rule for the guys is "If she gives you her number call her in less than 1 day"

Now as for women - there are no rules :) but I wouldn't let too much time pass. If you don't want to make the first call and you're not afraid to send him your number, I'm sure he will call you. - 95% of the men here are normal and relatively nice guys.
 josephsi
Msg: 21
Posted: 8/29/2009 8:32:45 PM
depends on the guy
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > If a guy gives you his number, should I call him? To all the guys!