Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Does it make you feel like a creepy creeperson if      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Lily0923
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Does it make you feel like a creepy creeperson ifPage 1 of 1    
you click on a profile and it's someone you know?

I just clicked on a profile and it was a guy that is mutual friends with some of my friends, I feel like I invaded his privacy somehow....

Does anyone else feel like that or is it just me?
 wileygy
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Does it make you feel like a creepy creeperson if
Posted: 8/30/2009 8:21:38 PM
i didn't click on his profile so i can't relate.

seriously ive run into that quite a few times.its only awkward if you make it so.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2009 8:22:54 PM
I clicked on a co-workers profile. Small office - me and 5 women.

Because it was there at the top it meant both of us were on the site and not working. Very, very creepy. Fortunately I was in my office - she was in a cubicle. So my reaction wasn't seen by anyone; I have no idea what her reaction was.
 valerie295
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/30/2009 8:23:08 PM
YES, I get really awkward! lol I've seen tons of profiles of guys that I used to know years ago...actually ended up going out with one of them after we chatted for a bit on the site. He's the only one that I actually talked to here that I recognized, I usually feel super uncomfortable and hope that they don't check my profile, haha.
 Iwillpokeyou
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/31/2009 4:38:37 AM
I've found about half a dozen people on this site that I know irl. It doesn't really bother me, I sometimes even say hello. I figure they're here for the same reason I am, no harm in that.

The only time I was ever creeped out by it is when an ex co-worker of mine who I could only tolerate on my best of days asked me if we could be fvck buddies....umm no.
 Invictus74
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/31/2009 8:09:51 AM
Happened once here and twice on another site.

Normally I just say hello to break up the slight awkwardness. It's kind of funny. Usually, someone starts joking about how lame this is and how they're only here because they're "bored".

L-O-L!

I'm bored allllll the time apparently.
 FlameNFire
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/31/2009 9:24:35 AM
Nah...The best way to overcome that is just send him an email, say Hi, funny seeing you here...Good luck... LOL.... Make light of it like it no big deal, because it's not.... and leave it at that.
Posted: 8/31/2009 4:19:17 PM
It is my greatest fear, actually, about this website. That's why I don't have a picture.
 spitfire6844
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2009 4:46:08 PM
I've clicked on profiles of women I know in real life, and have had women I know view my profile. No big deal.
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2009 4:56:29 PM
This is too funny... I clicked on a profile once because I thought the guy looked familiar. Ended up, it was a guy I worked with and he was apparently looking for dating...

I asked him if his girlfriend knew...

No, I didn't feel creepy at all... I did think that the guy was a jerk.
 little*wing
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/31/2009 4:56:33 PM
Yup, creepy.
Once I checked out a profile of a guy who was standing beside another guy....who I know well.
Another time I was checking out who had looked at my profile.....one of my bosses....
Yup, creepy.
 Lily0923
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2009 5:30:15 PM

I'm bored allllll the time apparently.

Haha, me too, me tooooooooooooooo!
 MarvaJanuice
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/31/2009 5:36:18 PM
I know a fella on here who has pics of himself from years ago..even pics of his puppys when they were little..theyre full grown now..He looks nothing like his pics now..

In the pics he's got short hair and no fat..but in person he's gained maybe 60lbs with a beer gut and has long hair...and is about 20 yrs older.

I would never say anything to him about it..He's seen my prfile. Its none of my business. I think he's a great guy even tho he doesnt look like that now..
Our personalitites conflict big time..but he's still a nice guy.. I wish him great things.

:)
 aprilrain2311
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/31/2009 6:01:48 PM
It doesn't creep me out. I think it's kind of funny actually. LOL I will send a "Hi, how's it going?" if I know the person. Most of them ignore me. Makes me wonder if they are embarassed or worse, think I am hitting on them. LOL
 R3dh3adang3l
Msg: 15
Posted: 8/31/2009 8:03:10 PM
I think it's hyterical! I actually ran across my ex husband's profile. I didn't contact him and tell him I saw it, but when he called me and told me he saw mine I was laughing my a$$ off. I even offered to help with his profile as it really wasn't up to par. It must only be weird if you aren't on good terms????
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/1/2009 7:26:00 AM
I had an email from a former student. No, it didn't creep me out--it was a form of saying, "Hey!"
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Does it make you feel like a creepy creeperson if