Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Why do girls give you their number and not answer?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WM23
Msg: 1
Why do girls give you their number and not answer?Page 1 of 1    
Just to be clear I’m not referring to online dating here.

Ok so I’ll go to like a club, meet some girls, ask for numbers, and they give them to me. Not all the time of course, but often they won't pick up or return a message. Just wondering why they would give me their numbers in the first place? Their real numbers because I can tell by the voice mails. Why not just tell me when I ask for it, "no thanks I’m not interested" or something? It would save me time and I wouldn’t mind at all.
 crowd_surfer
Msg: 2
Why do girls give you their number and not answer?
Posted: 9/2/2009 2:05:20 PM
because you will leave them alone if they give you a number

you feel happy, they feel relieved

women are masters at this!

as for the not answering part, in hindsite they may not even remember you all that well, maybe it was a spur of the moment thing, i once had a girl tell me that she had a boyfriend and made a mistake giving me her number, i'm like alright...

dont sweat it bro, keep working the line

ohh, and btw, work on your game so that you dont ask for numbers, they offer it to you. (unless they are the really really really shy type, but then, would you really want a girl like that?)
 atb2009
Msg: 3
Posted: 9/2/2009 2:08:11 PM

because you will leave them alone if they give you a number

Pretty much.
Or maybe some of them are too reserved to call back? Who knows, who cares? Focus on the girls who DO answer
 sweet_n_heart
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/2/2009 2:10:57 PM
Maybe their too drunk to remember they gave their number out? Beats me. I know if i met a guy out in public, whether be in a club, a store, on the street, whatever, i would only give my number if i was interested in getting to know them. Only way i would give a fake number if he won't take no for an answer.

It sucks when someone is not interested back but think of it this way, there's plenty of other fishys in the sea to pick from. If one doesn't bite, there's always another.
 WM23
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/2/2009 2:17:58 PM
Thanks for the advice. Actually girls have offered me their numbers before. I usually don't call them tho because I find when this happens their usually drunk and I feel their only offering up their numbers because of their current state of mind and I don’t want to take advantage of girls who are drunk. Sounds kinda strange huh. Maybe I should call them? I mean they would be sober the next day to answer my call anyway right.

And I try to judge the situation. I don’t ask girls who are really drunk for their numbers. I even turn down those let’s leave together invitations. I guess I do it mostly cause I would prefer a girl to actually be interested in me. I talk about this all the time with my friend and she thinks this behaviour of mine is really wierd lol
 crowd_surfer
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/2/2009 2:21:15 PM
Eureka!!

Messages this short may not be posted
 brad29483
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/2/2009 2:23:29 PM
Its the easiest way to get rid of you.
 WigglingFish
Msg: 8
Posted: 9/2/2009 2:27:44 PM
I don't reply sometimes because I'm not in the mood. I am also very very laid back and prefer to talk in person. I even don't like calling my friends. eek!
Posted: 9/2/2009 2:43:10 PM
I guess you havent seen it when Elaine from Sienfeld gives out a number to a bagel shop...
 iTsMeJuLi
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/2/2009 2:52:33 PM
Both men and women are guilty OP. Get over it.
 josephsi
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/2/2009 2:53:08 PM
club girls arent really a good choice anyway if they are really gonna answer. just figure your not the first guy they have done this as well with.
 donotcollect200dollars
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/2/2009 3:27:59 PM
If you get the voice mail leave a really fun message. I'm assuming you were fun, funny, exciting when you met them right? In the moment they liked you. But then the next day that moment is gone. You need to restart it. Play off of what you were joking about the night before. Imagine if you were teasing a girl at a club about being, I don't know, a princess, and she was into the joke. Leave a message like "My majesty bla bla bla..." That's a little lame. You know what I mean.

Then some give the number to blow you off. Whatever. It is a crapshoot. Always call. And do what I suggest. Interested or not they rarely pick up. Do what I suggest and she if you get more returns.
 yoyoyoLa
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/2/2009 4:03:39 PM
they give you their number cos they dont want to be rude. seriously, you wouldnt believe how many women are concerned with seeming like that. i know women who have slept with guys cos they didnt want to be rude!

and then, when you actually ring, and they dont want to talk to you, they come across as...

rude.

of course every one's different, but that's why a lot of guys ended up with my number!
 AlwaysExpectMiracles
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2009 4:40:58 PM
It's the easiest way of getting rid of your company. This way, they don't have to face you and deal with your possible reaction.
 KinChandlerAz
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2009 6:33:55 PM
You guys don't realize the conditioning us women get when it comes to manners and speaking up with men. You also don't realize that a woman's life experience is ALWAYS colored, to some degree, by the men in her life that have had a temper problem or have scared her to some degree with their strength. Or simply the power a man has in a social, work or personal relationship. That male strength is the key to why we do this thing with our phone numbers (in my opinion only of course!).

I say all this to make you think of it this way: women will just give in and give you a number (not always hers) just to avoid flat out and directly telling a guy NO. We give in and do it because of our past experiences with men. Men getting angry. Men turning rude and nasty on us if we reject them. Men acting as if they have the RIGHT to our number. Etc. etc.

There are many reasons for this and I think if you look at it from the view of us at 30, and the sheer number of times we've had interactions with men and how ugly some of those interactions turned, then you just might get a better understanding of why we give in and give you a number.

If we give it to you then you won't be rude to us, insult us or continue to bug us if your attention is unwanted. It's easier than saying NO YOU CAN'T HAVE MY NUMBER.
 JeniTupps
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2009 6:39:40 PM
How early the next day to you call? Maybe they are still sleeping it off

I agree with the other posters, if you ask for a number, they probably won't answer. If they give you their number, they probably will.

Free-At-Last
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/2/2009 6:55:42 PM
When I was your age and guys hounded me for my phone number, I use to give them the phone number to the local police station.

If a gal is REALLY interested in you she will get your number and call you.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2009 7:25:26 PM

Ok so I’ll go to like a club, meet some girls, ask for numbers, and they give them to me. Not all the time of course, but often they won't pick up or return a message. Just wondering why they would give me their numbers in the first place? Their real numbers because I can tell by the voice mails. Why not just tell me when I ask for it, "no thanks I’m not interested" or something? It would save me time and I wouldn’t mind at all.

They are too polite to say "no, I don't want you to call me" but are afraid if they give you a fake number they'll have to run into you again someday and explain it. So they give it out and screen it. At least that's what my friends do.
 talista
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2009 7:38:49 PM
I have to agree with everyone.

Some people can be very aggressive and don't read body language. Or they may think one is just shy, or that the cold shoulder/shyness is a way of playing hard to get.

So then it just becomes easier to give them something so they leave you in peace.
 AliB777
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/2/2009 11:14:03 PM
people do crazy things at bars and clubs
 fissionfusion
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/2/2009 11:15:31 PM
Yeah.

Don't call. Send a complimentary text and if no answer comes within 24 hours delete the contact. Gotta go gotta go...
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Why do girls give you their number and not answer?