Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > I am looking for a true love, but my heart is still broken in every p      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ChloeAnnabelle
Msg: 1
I am looking for a true love, but my heart is still broken in every pieces...Page 1 of 1    
I have dated a couples different guys, but my relationship with them never went anything serious or wanting to have a long-term relationship. I am not looking for anything like a marriage, or to be settled it down. I am looking for a love with someone that can last a longer, and is being a real... I am so sick of dating guys that they do not know what they wants in life, or knowing what their dream girl is. I don't really wanted to waste my time on something that is not going anywhere, and it is really disponted me.. I have been searching for a love all along, but I don't want to get my heart broken million times. I dated someone that did got a girl pregnant, and he just did married her recently... it is really really hard to deal with the facts that he had moved on, and I haven't really moved on with my life to something better just yet. I know love isn't like a fairytales, but it would be nice to be in once and realize that I could really love someone again... but POF haven't really gave me a reasons to be in love again, because alot of guys thinks hooking up will lead to something which it is not true. I found my soul- mate through the POF, and we have been dating for a while... he was the one for me, and we were in so much love. He decided to move to Toronto, he chooses his carrer over mine.. it actually did broke my heart in so many pieces... in few months, I got better but I do wonder will I ever find a true love with someone that actually can put a smile on my face every single day. I would like to hear some of your advice....
 Porckchops
Msg: 2
I am looking for a true love, but my heart is still broken in every pieces...
Posted: 9/6/2009 1:11:47 AM
You're 19 for crying out loud. What's the rush?

It would definitely help for you to pick up the pieces yourself instead of asking someone else to do it for you. Only when you are happy with yourself that you can truly be happy with someone else...

How can you know what you want in life when you do not even know life?
 ChloeAnnabelle
Msg: 3
Posted: 9/6/2009 1:17:27 AM
well acutally, you're right that I am only nineteen but I am very mature for my age. I don't really go out and party all the time like most girls do! I don't tend to wasting my life on drinking, partying, one night stand.. it is getting boring. It is always nice to be with someone that does last longer, and cuddle up during the night know what I am saying. I do know what I wants in life, obviously you did not read my profile :) I am pretty happy with myself, and I am capable of moving on to something better!
 Porckchops
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/6/2009 1:39:27 AM
If you are ready to move on to something better then you might have to be patient. A lot about relationships is timing. You have to find somebody who, not only is right for you but is also in the same place as you are. That can take time so try to be patient.

The only reason I figured you weren't necessarily all together is from the title of this thread.

Though it is possible to mend your heart as you are with somebody, it is also possible to work at it while you are alone. There is no need to rush into a relationship because it may help mend that broken heart. If you rush it, you may end up with yet another broken heart.
Posted: 9/6/2009 2:24:16 AM
stop putting out. guys your age want to hit it and quit it. if they say they'll dump you if you won't get naked, dump them first.
 Pedro 1976
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/6/2009 4:52:13 AM
"I have been searching for a love all along"

the more you search the less you find. let love find you instead of being desperate looking for it.

anyway, you are just 19 years old, i guess you may not have been searching for it all along or for so long. it was just yesterday when you played with dolls and toys. and how can a 19 year old little girl's heart get broken million times? unless you began dating men after coming out of your mum

seriously, do not look desperate, and do not let things come upon you forcing them.
 originalNw
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2009 9:23:13 AM
Not all males of your age group is ready to settle . With the pressures of life, a family,and the way of total comittment to one and only is hard to swallow. Why didn't you follow your "man of your dreams " to Toronto ? Your were settled in you way of thinking! And you wanted him to be the way of your dream. You maybe "mature " beyond your years,but failed that others do not share the time frame of your planned life.

minako79
Msg: 8
Posted: 9/6/2009 11:17:54 AM

"I have been searching for a love all along"

the more you search the less you find. let love find you instead of being desperate looking for it.

anyway, you are just 19 years old, i guess you may not have been searching for it all along or for so long. it was just yesterday when you played with dolls and toys. and how can a 19 year old little girl's heart get broken million times? unless you began dating men after coming out of your mum

seriously, do not look desperate, and do not let things come upon you forcing them.
Remember this for the rest of your life.
 OpieDopey
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2009 12:32:59 PM
Well fix that broken heart first, then learn how to use birth control seeing as you are now PG and need to sort out that problem.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/6/2009 6:37:07 PM
As long as your heart is still broken, I dno't think you can find a true love...

you have to make peace with yourself and truly accept the ending of the last couple who hurt you; and get yourself heartwhole before even attempting to look for a true love. Focus on yourself, love yourself, find your passions, your interests, and look to filling yourself before you look to hooking yourself up to someone else. Otherwise you are wanting them to fill you; and it can't work; especially while you're still emotionally reeling.

For your sake and theirs...

Very best of luck
 colt8301
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/6/2009 7:36:13 PM
achloe? you look young I don't know how old are you but, don't put too much emphasis on love with someone, put it on life. will you find love? I don't know will you? it's very elusive and easy to lose, love is like water, lol let life come to you don't waste all your time wondering about when that next thing will come along.
 guyd42
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2009 8:37:25 PM
"I am so sick of dating guys that they do not know what they wants in life"

What do you expect when dating guys your age?

“I am only nineteen but I am very mature for my age.”

If so, forget about all this love BS and focus on getting post secondary education and a career. No, you won’t achieve both at the same time..... Been there. A break up during school and your whole Degree is ruined!

Trust me, you’ll have plenty of chances and time to experiment dating and all the related headaches and BS!
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/6/2009 9:19:32 PM
if you were mature for your age you wouldn't be dating losers. in all acutality you're nothing but a stupid no brain having moron idiot.

wow, no personal attack there, huh?

Nice to see compassion and impartiality in action... way to hit the OP while she's already down...
 guyd42
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2009 9:43:50 PM
“way to hit the OP while she's already down...”

No one forces anyone to put themselves in these situations. Dating sucks in 2009? Relationship never seem to last? So be it! I made the choice not to submit myself any longer to this craziness and feel way better about it! Up to her to do the same!
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/6/2009 9:58:24 PM
no argument on there being craziness... I took ,myself out of it for the three years after the divorce to focus on a WHOLE lot of changes and life transition m yself... just creeping into it now... so I get where you're coming from, and agree wholeheartedly...

it was the stupid moron idiot comment I thought might be a TAD over the top :)
 saved_by_grace
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2009 9:59:13 PM
For all its worth i know how you feel

You are looking for a relationship that is serious and that will truly mean something. Something for the long term and not the short term. But sadly there is nothing much you can do about it at the moment....I am like you also not really a party person for a college teenager. I have come to the realization that the vast majority of people in this age group(especially guys) are not looking for anything serious...but are just looking for fun....It took me awhile but I had to accept it. Unless you date someone who is a older than you like 25+ you will probably have to wait till you are 25 years old to be able to date a guy in your age group that is looking for anything long term and serious.
 shaverly18
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2009 11:17:54 PM
OP. one word for you. Spellcheck...geez! you are mature for your age? learn how to spell and use correct grammar. kthnks.
 guyd42
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2009 10:20:44 AM
Is there a spelling contest going on? What’s the prize?
 kpooks
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2009 8:02:20 AM
Meet a guy who works in your same place of work-! Since you're not down for the bar/club scene (and I agree with you about why), try a library, bookstore, supermarket, Starbucks, Jamba Juice, a park, the beach...just strike up conversations wherever you go. Even for a pretty girl like yourself, you've got to be proactive and go on the offensive. But, even though it feels like you're a dying plant in need of a little water inside, be casual, relaxed. Don't expect it to "go anywhere", just enjoy the ride.

Meanwhile, love those kids you're looking after! There are many forms of love.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > I am looking for a true love, but my heart is still broken in every pieces...