Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > POF Is a hook up site?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mandy87277
Msg: 1
POF Is a hook up site?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
hey everyone i am mandy and i just heard from people this is pretty much a " hook up" site lol , i never knew that or else i wouldnt of signed up ....what u guys think? ....weird cuz i do get emails from guys that wanna date and get to know
 wayfarer4you
Msg: 2
view profile
History
POF Is a hook up site?
Posted: 9/10/2009 6:56:50 PM
Mandy,
This site like all the rest are what you make it.
If a fast roll is what you are looking for Its here, and if you want more it's here also.
As I said before it's what you make of it .
and where did you hear that it was a hook up site (dang did not get that memo)
 Mandy87277
Msg: 3
POF Is a hook up site?
Posted: 9/10/2009 6:58:40 PM
from a few friends lol...theyre like yea that place is pretty much a place to get laid! haha
 OnlyThis
Msg: 4
POF Is a hook up site?
Posted: 9/10/2009 7:07:44 PM

this is pretty much a " hook up" site

Someone should inform my dates.. they apparently didn't get the memo...
 Megaladonfishy
Msg: 5
view profile
History
POF Is a hook up site?
Posted: 9/10/2009 7:08:27 PM
For females who's pants fall off really fast and easily, it's a hookup site, for those who wear their belts a little tighter it's possibly a dating site
some people can make a red light into a hookup sight, some it takes an alter, and anywhere in between, it just depends on you
 J2W
Msg: 6
view profile
History
POF Is a hook up site?
Posted: 9/10/2009 7:19:43 PM
Well, it has been working for me.
 guyd42
Msg: 7
view profile
History
POF Is a hook up site?
Posted: 9/10/2009 7:36:26 PM
POF Is a hook up site?

That's what most men are here for.
 guyd42
Msg: 8
view profile
History
POF Is a hook up site?
Posted: 9/10/2009 7:37:27 PM
"weird cuz i do get emails from guys that wanna date and get to know"

That's what they tell you! It's only true until they get in your pants!
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 9
POF Is a hook up site?
Posted: 9/10/2009 11:18:13 PM
It's a site of all types of romantic situations.... hooking up, casual dating, serious dating... husband/wife-hunting. You name it. It's like a bar, basically, but each person has a profile written on their shirt.
 Kelli.K.
Msg: 10
view profile
History
POF Is a hook up site?
Posted: 9/10/2009 11:28:30 PM

hey everyone i am mandy and i just heard from people this is pretty much a " hook up" site lol , i never knew that or else i wouldnt of signed up ....what u guys think? ....weird cuz i do get emails from guys that wanna date and get to know

A. You can "un-sign up" easily enough.
B. You get out of it what you put into it
C. Remember the words "No thank you" is your friend.
D. Depends on what their definition of "date" is.

Good luck kiddo~
 4whoiam
Msg: 11
POF Is a hook up site?
Posted: 9/11/2009 3:28:18 AM
It CAN be a hook-up site..
Just like MySpace isn't JUST for networking. (Like I thought)
 barret107
Msg: 12
view profile
History
POF Is a hook up site?
Posted: 9/11/2009 3:51:05 AM
so when you made your profile and chose "Must not be looking for Intimate Encounter" the confusion came where?
 scottdehart
Msg: 13
view profile
History
POF Is a hook up site?
Posted: 9/11/2009 8:50:33 AM
Hook up site????? POF???????

Legend has it that some people have met and had a healthly long lasting relationship from here.

Legend has it.
 ProcolHarem
Msg: 14
view profile
History
POF Is a hook up site?
Posted: 9/11/2009 8:56:35 AM
Hook up site??? WTF?
I thought it was a free site created to help guys get over their fear of rejection...
 scorpiomover
Msg: 15
view profile
History
POF Is a hook up site?
Posted: 9/11/2009 12:47:00 PM
Some sign up to date. Some sign up just to hook up. Some lie about it. Some don't. It's just like any other dating site.
 Bikeman_
Msg: 16
POF Is a hook up site?
Posted: 9/11/2009 2:19:47 PM

i just heard from people this is pretty much a " hook up" site lol
Well women can pretty easily use this site for "hookups"; as it's generally a piece of cake for a woman to hookup, all she pretty much needs to do is go out 10pm to her favorite popular local watering hole and present herself. Imagine this site as a 10pm favorite popular local watering hole that is open 24/7/365 and located all over the world.
 Calientecutie
Msg: 17
POF Is a hook up site?
Posted: 9/11/2009 5:11:13 PM
8/10 people play games...you become their friends and eventually one will be descent but you have to kiss lots of forgs to meet your prince...be wary and careful and question and be very cautious
 kbr45
Msg: 18
POF Is a hook up site?
Posted: 9/11/2009 7:03:02 PM
I think it's a game period! Women talk about what they want and there are guys who have what they are looking for but they still get cold feet. What I don't understand is that you connect via emails and then all of a sudden communication stops. No explaination as to why or communication has stopped. It would be nice if they would tell you straight out that they are just not interested instead of silence. I think it's rude. I received a email from someone that was not my type I would tell them no thank you. But I would do it in a polite way. Just my two cents for whatever it's worth
 miss_contemplative
Msg: 19
view profile
History
POF Is a hook up site?
Posted: 9/11/2009 10:14:34 PM

or females who's pants fall off really fast and easily, it's a hookup site, for those who wear their belts a little tighter it's possibly a dating site
some people can make a red light into a hookup sight, some it takes an alter, and anywhere in between, it just depends on you

Excuse me? Since when are women the arbiters of your sexual conduct? It isn't our jobs to keep our legs crossed. If women want to have sex, they'll freaking well HAVE sex and whenever they want to! Capiche?

The women whose pants fall off "easy" are sleeping with YOU GUYS! Duh!

OP...there are a lot of guys here who'll sleep with a pole if it has a hole in the side of it. Then there are some really cool guys who are looking for something that could mean something. There are husbands and wives here looking for third wheels. There are lonely people looking for friends. There are people looking exclusively for sexual encounters. There are some who have no idea what they are looking for, they just want to be around singles online. And then there are boneheads like the one I just quoted who like to downcast women THEY usually sleep with. They rarely get anywhere on here.

So, take your pick! It CAN be a pickup palace but that doesn't mean it's universally that way. There is a huge mixture of different needs being met on this site.
 BigBee77
Msg: 20
view profile
History
POF Is a hook up site?
Posted: 9/11/2009 10:33:24 PM
It's to me another outlet to meet people, just happens to be online. And just like meeting someone on the streets, success is still not guaranteed. It's just more convenient meeting people on here. If your dating life is in a rut, it's not a substitute for doing the necessary things to inprove it.
 caution84
Msg: 21
POF Is a hook up site?
Posted: 11/26/2011 3:18:01 AM
mandy its lol you dream boy lol
 __TEXASCHICK__
Msg: 22
view profile
History
POF Is a hook up site?
Posted: 11/26/2011 10:38:09 AM
''Some sign up to date. Some sign up just to hook up. Some lie about it. Some don't. It's just like any other dating site.''
what this guy said. i have a couple good dates that were not what i was looking for, but enjoyful anyway. i have had many email me for fwb propsition.
 c_deacon
Msg: 23
view profile
History
POF Is a hook up site?
Posted: 11/26/2011 10:52:52 AM
And some of us just use this site as one more piece of the puzzle that connects us with others......similar.....different.....opposite......on an on.

Once into life and all its journeys, if one limits those potential places that will keep you active and happy, one will be losing out on all that just might be there. No one must make this site, just one way or another, and many of us just use it as one more place to keep our mental and physical juices flowing as we continue to work and play, and enjoy all life has to offer.

cd.................
 A_Gent
Msg: 24
POF Is a hook up site?
Posted: 11/26/2011 11:02:53 AM
Just like going to any social venue.

Some are here to find a quick one...

....others are looking for a life partner.

What are you here for?
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 25
view profile
History
POF Is a hook up site?
Posted: 11/26/2011 1:46:08 PM
Tis what YOU choose to make it.
and WHO you choose to make it with.

Free choice.
aint it wonderful.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > POF Is a hook up site?