Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Last online      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kentishbloke67
Msg: 1
Last onlinePage 1 of 1    
Is there any chance of putting on everyones profile when they were last online? you only seem to be able to find this out after you add the person as a favourite, which seems annoying if the person has not logged into the site for months or years.

my experiences cant be the only one. this would help everyone to know if it is worth sending a message to someone.

also, can profiles of people who havent logged in for a while (say 6 months or more) be deleted, this would save space on the server & make searches have more point to them.

many thanks
 isthatlegal
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Last online
Posted: 9/15/2009 9:37:57 AM
+1

definitely agree with the point about adding a view of when people were last online without adding them to favorites.

it's creepy to add people to favorites who i don't even know lol. am sure most others feel the same way.

would save a LOT of time waiting on people to reply back to find out they don't log in at all. Kinda makes it hard to look for ONE person when you are forced to email 20 just to get one reply back.

I do agree with the second point of removing old profiles that people don't read anymore. it does nothing but inflate number of people on the site but it's not representative of ACTUAL active members.

most of the time on this site is spent trying to filter though profiles that don't even check email for 5 months.
 Revilors
Msg: 3
Last online
Posted: 9/15/2009 10:05:42 AM
When you do your search it will show if they have been online today, last week etc...up to 30 days.

If you haven't contacted someone from a search for thirty days....stop stalking and move on.

I think it's creepy to keep returning to someone's profile for over 30 days and make no contact.

JMO
 kentishbloke67
Msg: 4
Last online
Posted: 9/15/2009 2:07:26 PM
yes i agree with the last message, but sometimes you spot someone at the top of a profile youre viewing and you dont know if this person was online today, this week, in the last month or not for 2 or 3 years. thats what im actually referring to, plus no-one said anything about looking at 1 profile for 30 days & stalking them, thats just creepy & unnecessary!
 Revilors
Msg: 5
Last online
Posted: 9/15/2009 2:15:53 PM
Then there is two options here.....

You can simply copy and paste their user name into the "user search" and it will tell you.....

or

it says right above that line "Last 10 people to check their mail, within 50 miles of (insert name here)".

Which means they were probably online today.
 kentishbloke67
Msg: 6
Last online
Posted: 9/15/2009 2:22:33 PM
thats ok if you want to know if they are 'Online Now', but what if it doesnt say that? my question still stands, how do you know when they were last online?

plus, i dont want to 'stalk' someone by having to copy & paste their name into a search, only to find they were online in 2006 sometime, thats a complete waste of time!
 Revilors
Msg: 7
Last online
Posted: 9/15/2009 2:30:56 PM

but sometimes you spot someone at the top of a profile youre viewing and you dont know if this person was online today

If they appear there...they were amoung the last 10 people to check their mail within 50 miles.

What do you suppose the chances are that they have not been on recently.

And what difference does it make if you know if they were on today or yesterday.

They are obviously current in their visits to POF.

I hope you are not pinning your success on the fact that they may see that you had viewed thier profile and might contact you. If they look interesting....give them a shout.
 kentishbloke67
Msg: 8
Last online
Posted: 9/15/2009 2:56:36 PM

If they appear there...they were amoung the last 10 people to check their mail within 50 miles.

What do you suppose the chances are that they have not been on recently.

And what difference does it make if you know if they were on today or yesterday.

thats all well & good, but when were they online? it could have been today, yesterday, last week or up to 30 days ago. the more recently they are online the more likely they are to reply. i would rather know when they were last online when looking at their profile than waste my time sending a message to someone who hasnt been online for 29 or 30 days, meaning there was little likelihood that they would answer my message.

i think most people would agree that it is better to try contacting people who have been online recently, with a greater chance of receiving a reply, than using the scatter gun approach in the vain hope that 1 or 2 would reply.

surely if they can display the date & time someone was online after youve added them as a favourite, surely they can put that info on their profile, maybe the users can have the option to hide such info if they choose to, but i cant see any reason not to display it.
 isthatlegal
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Last online
Posted: 9/15/2009 3:08:46 PM
I think the point here is that the way the system is currently setup is not optima. It can be improved and OP is just voicing one way to improve it for better user searches.

I personally would love to see more options in searches to make them easier to limit the results. for example being able to search by all users in my area that have been on within the last 15 days whom i have NOT viewed or Contacted. image how much easier it is since you odn't have to go through 4 screens to get that data.

that is also something that is fairly easy to setup and implement depending on how the website stores information.

main thing, the search features really does need to be upgraded since the website has become so massive that more time is spend searching and messaging people that never check thier mail then actually talking to people.

personally i would love to see a feature that lists on searchs read rates for people. meaning what percentage of messages sent to that user are read, what percent are replied to and what percent are unread/deleted.
i think that feature alone would provide a lot of extra info lol
 Revilors
Msg: 10
Last online
Posted: 9/15/2009 5:40:08 PM

There's no way for you to know exactly unless you're on their favorites or they're on yours.

The only way to find out the last time someone was on is to search by age and distance.

You can...as I stated earlier...simply copy and paste their name in the "user search" and get that same information.

Edit...I just timed myself...from the time I clicked on the photo at the top...went to profile and copied and pasted into a user search...it took 8 seconds.

I have no real strong feelings either way.

It wouldn't be a life changer for me nor would it save me any time or effort...but the change would (if made) also do no harm.

I guess I'm not inclined to fire off as many emails as others might be.

In terms of seeing a photo...reading the profile...maybe peeking at forum posts...what's another 8 seconds....

That is unless you're a bull rider...then it's huge.
 notshady
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Last online
Posted: 3/16/2010 7:28:07 PM
This would be a welcome feature. I think that there are numerous reasons why you would want to know if a person has been online recently and NOT add that person to your favorites. For example, I don't add anyone to my favorites because I don't want someone to think that I like them a lot, when really I am just making them easier to find. I am sure other people have their own reasons for wanting to know when someone was last online without adding that person to the favorites list.

I understand that you can add them to your favorites list, check their last time online, and then remove them from the list. That is easy enough, but why not just have the timestamp on the person's profile?

This feature would also be very welcome for quickly browsing the following searches which seem to NOT return results based on "last online:"
"View Matches Based On Personality!"
"People who think you're hot"
"Most Likely to Respond"
"Have Viewed Me"

If there were a "last online" feature in a person's profile, POF users could quickly determine that this person is not suitable for messaging becuase that person hasn't been online in a while.

In sum, this information is available on POF already, it would be nice if it were more conveniently accessible.
 Delete_Me_Please
Msg: 12
Last online
Posted: 3/17/2010 4:03:34 PM

but why not just have the timestamp on the person's profile?

Because that's just a bad idea. As it is there are posts every day from people upset because the person they've been emailing seems to be on the site all day when in fact that person might have just logged in a few times for two minutes each and didn't log out (leaving the system to do it automatically much later). People are way too neurotic here about other people's online activity, which is why I even remove everybody who adds me to their favorites. I don't need someone to get huffy because they noticed I logged in but didn't read and/or respond to their email immediately.

If a person really needs to know if it's been a day/week/month since somebody logged in, they can just do a basic search for the person's criteria. Anybody who needs to know the exact time a person logged in should probably ease up on the surveillance.
 dffrntwn
Msg: 13
Last online
Posted: 3/18/2011 2:30:33 PM
I absolutely hate this feature. It should show maybe if the profile has been active recently, but not time stamped down to the minute. It's no one's business but mine when someone last used the site, or especially at what time of the day. It's an invasion of privacy and only leads to trouble and unnecessary explaining.
BAD IDEA.
 The Ogre of POF
Msg: 14
Last online
Posted: 3/18/2011 5:40:43 PM

I absolutely hate this feature. It should show maybe if the profile has been active recently, but not time stamped down to the minute. It's no one's business but mine when someone last used the site, or especially at what time of the day. It's an invasion of privacy and only leads to trouble and unnecessary explaining.
BAD IDEA.

So it's only your business when someone last used the site and noone elses? Nice.

I'm thinking your meant it's only your business when YOU last used the site and noone elses.
 m3g4n
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Last online
Posted: 6/23/2011 1:23:37 PM
I also dislike this feature. I don't have a problem with searches being filtered based on usage, that makes sense. But I don't like that people I've exchanged emails with can see when I was last online. I check in when I get an email just out of the habit of checking email, but I'm not necessarily in the mood to give a lengthy response. So when someone has given me a lengthy response and sees that I've been online more than once (15 minutes ago, an hour ago, 5 hours ago etc) right in their inbox next to the message, and I haven't responded to them in 3 days, suddenly 3 days seems like a long time... I don't like my activity tracked in inboxes and I don't need to know how often they log in either. Can I turn this off somehow? On gmail or facebook I can just "go offline" or "go invisible", but the only thing I can find on pof is turning off IM, but that doesn't seem to affect what I have issue with.
 bballerjson23
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Last online
Posted: 7/15/2011 3:27:23 PM
My inbox tells me the last time someone signed on the website but what does it mean when suddenly that information doesnt show up anymore? Does it mean they havnt signed in for more than 24 hours or my messages have been deleted?
 sunnyshine1982
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Last online
Posted: 1/4/2012 4:17:17 PM
If you do not log into you POF profile on a particular day but go into your private email account to delete or read a pof email message (without clicking on the link) will your pof profile show that you have been online that day even though you haven't actually logged into your pof account? I know another dating website that does this is pof the same?
 kitteny1
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Last online
Posted: 1/28/2012 4:29:25 PM
If you block someone can they still see when your last online?
 lookingforyou197811
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Last online
Posted: 1/22/2013 2:05:09 PM
One of my female friends have noticed that the time someone was last online is displayed differently depending on where she is looking for it and whether she is using her mobile anroid app or her laptop to log in.

She is a paying member. In her "Contacts" it shows that a member was last "online today". In her sent items on her mobile device, it shows that the member was last online "1 day ago". Which is the accurate read on when the member was last online?
 Sportsjoc32
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Last online
Posted: 2/8/2013 10:55:47 PM
can i please hide my profile? or prevent others from knowing when i was last online? i have a girl that i have been seeing, but she gets so upset if she notices that i hav ebeen online pof.com recently.. please help
 Sterry1
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Last online
Posted: 3/12/2013 5:28:13 PM
Just block her. Go to your mail, and open up the last correspondence between you both, scroll down to the bottom of the message and there's the block users option. I always do it when I go on a date with someone, as if it doesn't work out you don't need to be seeing each other online the whole time.
 ^campfires^
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Last online
Posted: 3/13/2013 10:12:42 AM

can i please hide my profile? or prevent others from knowing when i was last online? i have a girl that i have been seeing, but she gets so upset if she notices that i hav ebeen online pof.com recently.. please help
Delete your profile.

Just block her.
All that will really do is stop them from messaging you.

You could also discuss it with her openly and honestly and try to reach a resolution that works for both of you.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Last online