Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > What kind of clothes do men find attractive on women?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 armoury
Msg: 1
What kind of clothes do men find attractive on women?Page 1 of 1    
I' d like to know the opinion of men in what they find attractive in women.
I'm aware that I should try to look my best each day, and I know how to dress for women. But I'd like to know what attracts men.
 OnlyThis
Msg: 2
What kind of clothes do men find attractive on women?
Posted: 9/23/2009 7:52:51 AM
First and foremost....heels..... men like women in heels. Whether it is with jeans or a dress, heels are nice.

Second, men generally want to see the curves. Wearing loose fitting clothing may be comfortable but it is a turn off. Funny that women seem to get it online (wearing the tight fitting top that shows cleavage and tight blue jeans) but when they go out, they wear some awful baby doll thing that makes em look pregnant.

There's one opinion.
 scottdehart
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2009 7:53:57 AM
Oh gosh, IMO it really is about the woman. The same clothes on a different woman may not elicit the desired response. Sorry. It may not look as appealing. I've seen drop dead beautiful women in a dirty tee and shorts and look incredible. I've also seen them in fancy gowns and jewelry and didn't look near as good.

I think it may be more about how she carries herself. Clothes really don't make the person, the person makes the clothes.

Anything a woman wears will either look great or look terrible to the particular viewer based upon his past experiences.

Personally, I think a woman is sexiest, most attractive when she's wearing one of my dress shirts and nothing else!

But....that's just me.
 broncsbuff
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/23/2009 7:57:31 AM
You are going to get 9 million opinions, but here is mine...

very simple...sluttier the better...

High heels, short skirts, summer dresses...

now as far as dressing down...

I love a women who can wear some jeans with a hat and the pony tail thru the back(yummy)....

For some reason I seem to be attracted to short women with short hair...dont know what it is, my friends give me crap all the time for it. I think its because I love women in heels, its even better if they wear heels and I still am much taller than them. Im 6'1 so I usually dont have a problem, but if a women is 5-9 or above and wears heels she is just my hieght almost...

just my opinon though cant speak for everyone...
 P.R.Handgrenade69
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/23/2009 7:59:15 AM
Not anything that is 3x smaller than what you can wear or go anywhere dressed like a hooker. Never show him too much that your skirt is somewhere near your crotch and always leave something to the imagination----you show up anywhere with dirty sneakers and a turtle neck and the man will bolt.
 Thesumofallparts
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/23/2009 7:59:32 AM
It's all about what you're confident wearing. I can tell when you're thinking "this dress is too tight," or "these heels are uncomfortable."

If you're confident it will show and the guy will be impressed, even if he doesn't know it.
 SoccerNerd78
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/23/2009 8:00:54 AM
Thinking clothes are the best choice. Am I thinking about what's under? Yes. Everyone wins.
 scottdehart
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2009 8:03:39 AM
^^^^

Sassy? I've seen some great looking women in turtlenecks and it may just be me...but, how many guys looking actually make it to the shoes????

Oh, and I'm sure one reply posted will be....NONE!
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2009 8:05:06 AM
Well, I'll do the obvious joke: no clothes are most attractive.

But seriously, there is a look that is long out of fashion that every guy I know finds drop dead sexy. The slit up the side skirt or dress. I've actually talked to a lot of guys about this and every one is in complete agreement on this one.

Outside of that, it depends on the woman. Low cut works better on smaller busted women. Tight sweater, better on bigger. I have a fetish for the sweat shirt for some reason.
 22Double22
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/23/2009 8:05:47 AM
Personally, if I find a chick who can dress casual and look great, there's nothing better than that. Especially with little or no makeup. And as someone mentioned above, jeans and a baseball hat with a pony-tail- hubba hubba!

The key is to find a personal style that suits you. If you're comfortable and confident with it, that speaks volumes to me.
 farceur
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/23/2009 8:05:57 AM
Whatever you do, don't wear heels. Men hate heels.

Clothes on women are like wrappings on presents. There should be a bow to untie and then the rest should just sort of fall away.
 isthatlegal
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2009 8:07:22 AM
clothing is not really as important as the confidence a women shows when she is wearing something. having said that there are a few things you can do to make sure your clothing is attractive.

* wear something that is comfortable yet doesn't look like it should only be worn around the house.
* wear comfortable shoes. they don't need to be heels but sometimes heels help level a women to the man she is with (height).
*I personally love women that dress up a bit. skirts and blouses make most women look incredibly hot. if the skirt is below the knees then it also makes her look classy and not like a street walker.
* try to avoid any clothes that are so tight they have pieces of fat overhanging your body. it's not nice to view.
* different colors look good depending on skin collor so check to see what goes well with your color.
*if you are going on a date try to dress a bit formal since formal clothes make you look classy, you will find that the behavior of the guys changes a lot when you are dressed up.
 broncsbuff
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/23/2009 8:08:56 AM

you show up anywhere with dirty sneakers and a turtle neck and the man will bolt.

She asked men, but you feel the need to put your two cents in.

Just to add, there isnt a man alive that cares what kind of shoes women wear...if she is hott, it will be overlooked...

so your wrong anyway...
 itechman63
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2009 8:26:01 AM

It's all about what you're confident wearing. I can tell when you're thinking "this dress is too tight," or "these heels are uncomfortable."

If you're confident it will show and the guy will be impressed, even if he doesn't know it.

Brilliant answer!

Remember the clothes don't make the man/woman. The man/woman make the clothes.
 Write Time
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2009 8:32:15 AM
Not even a consideration for me. What I most like to see a woman wear is a look of quiet, sly self-confidence. A look that says she knows exactly who she is, what she's done in life, what she hopes to do -- and she's happy.

That look is more gorgeous than any fashion.
 pub_genius
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/23/2009 8:32:36 AM
It depends on the woman, and on the man to some extent.

Personally, I prefer a woman who has the confidence to show herself off, tastefully!

As long as the woman isn't grossly overweight (in which case I probably wouldn't be interested anyway), she is best in a relatively short skirt with stockings or tights, and heels. A fairly low cut top with bra straps at least partially showing completes the most attractive look.

But if the woman isn't confident in what she's wearing, it'll show!
 TheReason_
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2009 8:46:13 AM
Anything but "mom jeans"

Just say no to "mom jeans"

Personally, I looooooved Business Casual! Blouses, skirts, heels. Not slutty. Done up nice!!!
 Commander_Cool
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/23/2009 8:49:30 AM
My two favorite outfits on a girl:

1) Sun dresses during the summer time
2) Tank top and sweats (with their hair up!)

Just my two cents.
 SnarkMeister
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/23/2009 9:10:38 AM
I'm in the 'if you're comfortable in it, then it's good' camp. Works for everyone, but OP I'm having a hard time imagining that you look bad in anything.

Slightly off topic, but I'm a minimalist when it comes to makeup. Less is more. And every women I've ever said that to has disagreed, but I'm sticking to my guns!
 cavecanem
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2009 9:13:52 AM
For the kind of men that you're looking for (the kind that don't prefer boys), appreciation for a woman's outline is burned into their bones at a very young age. Anything that obscures or alters same is therefore hurting your cause - stay away from tube tops, tight hip huggers, and anything with an empire waist. Also, men are attracted to bright colors and movement (it's why long hair gets their attention). Fabric that drapes yet flows with your motion will be noticed. Assorted prejudices and fetishes vary between individuals and by regional popularity.
 MarvaJanuice
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/23/2009 9:15:21 AM
Okay.

Side Bar:

Do you find the more you are in love with the woman the more clothes play a role?

Say, If youre serious about the girl do you want her showing that lil part of the bra strap and half her thighs in high heels?
It seems when some fellas are really into the girl they want her to tone it down.

??
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > What kind of clothes do men find attractive on women?