Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > How do you know when something is just not meant to be?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 erotic_fever
Msg: 1
view profile
History
How do you know when something is just not meant to be?Page 1 of 1    
I have this friend. We had a romantic fling. It was so passionate. For months there was no place either of us wanted to be but laying next to each other. We would make eachother smile without trying, we would finish eachothers sentences. It all seemed so real. I knew he had been hurt really bad by a spoiled little girl without a heart. So I decided I would be there for him. When he was angry, when he was happy, when he was lonely. It felt beautiful.
But somewhere down the road something happened. He started to pull away. He started looking for something else, elsewhere. We weren't fighting or arguing. He just drifted away. I know he really does care about me. When I lost my job he let me stay with him until i got back on my feet. But is it just not meant to be? All the good times we shared together... would they not have flourished into something spectacular by now if it was really meant to be?
 ProcolHarem
Msg: 2
view profile
History
How do you know when something is just not meant to be?
Posted: 9/30/2009 9:46:33 AM
Hello again my dear.
I do not subscribe to the whole "meant to me" thing. Nor "soul mates". Relationships are what you make them. He no longer wanted one with you.
I'm sure he cares, but probably not in "that" way.
 red_relaxed
Msg: 3
Posted: 9/30/2009 9:53:03 AM

It all seemed so real. I knew he had been hurt really bad by a spoiled little girl without a heart. So I decided I would be there for him. When he was angry, when he was happy, when he was lonely. It felt beautiful.

It was real for you so it was meant to be.
Apparently he prefers spoiled little girls without hearts and is looking for a repeat performance.

This isn't going to transpire into what you failed to verbalize. Most relationships don't flourish without point checks along the way.
 erotic_fever
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2009 10:07:59 AM
thankyou for both of your coments. You both make sense eventhough they are 2 different points of view. Maybe he does care but not in that way, maybe it is real and we just hit a rock in the road that rocked the wagon. I guess I will just have to keep it going on and see what happens. Love is impossible to predict or understand.
 carolann0308
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2009 10:50:47 AM
When you are the rebound girl this is what usually happens. They heal and go on their merry way.
 cmd1957a
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/30/2009 10:58:21 AM
Exactly right carolann...when you have one person who is experiencing new feelings and another transfering old ones it usually doesnt have a happy ending....Live and learn.
 erotic_fever
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2009 11:01:21 AM
Thankyou for your opinions. I never really thought of it as a rebound... i am not oh so bright sometimes. But now that i think about it, it is quite possible he was rebounding to me.
 magikarp
Msg: 8
Posted: 9/30/2009 11:19:49 AM
I really just use the "we weren't meant to be" because it's an easy way to break up with women because often they subscribe to that spirituality mysticism stuff. I assume the non-logicalness of it is what attracts them.
 guyd42
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2009 12:33:53 PM
OP, at your age, you should focus on getting an education and career!
 colt8301
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/30/2009 2:10:08 PM
I feel the same as the guy under you said, I hate the "meant" to be crap because yall had a thing for a while, and to be honest the whole thing sounded like you were a "rebound". He has moved on and I know your hurting and I sympathize but you'll get back on your feet and find another dude.
 SomeoneSpecial1981
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2009 12:24:35 AM
Well it sounds like that you became his "back-up girl" if i where you I would'nt waste my time on that peson. I would suggest finding someone else. I had been through this before, not only I was her" backup" but she was one of thosw spoiled little grills w/ out a heart. I know exactly how that's like. I wish you the best
 whenwillthiswork26
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2009 11:27:28 PM
He wasn't as into you as you thought he was.
If he was he would still be with you and wouldn't have pulled away.

Men seem to get bored easily if they have all they want from a female.
 jacob8088
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/2/2009 12:54:21 AM
When she refuses to give it up on the first date?
 chaswhatif
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 10/2/2009 4:19:16 AM
You get thru this,and you can,you've got ...some of him...how much...A guy's gotta kick his boots off and have some time alone. 's why he's him.
"If ya don't understand him an' he don't die young
He'll probly just ride away".
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > How do you know when something is just not meant to be?