Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Oregon  > What kind of cell phone do you use? Do you consider it a reflection      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jw503
Msg: 1
view profile
History
What kind of cell phone do you use? Do you consider it a reflection on the type of person you are?Page 1 of 1    
Seems like with technology so crazy these days, everyone carries some kind of device with them at all times. PDA, Cell Phone, ect. I notice that people actually look at you different or will even somtimes start a conversation with you about what youve got. Crazy to think that a Cell phone could be used as a tool for judging someone. I use an HTC Mogul through Cell South. Anyone Else?
 canuck-in-oregon
Msg: 2
What kind of cell phone do you use? Do you consider it a reflection on the type of person you are?
Posted: 10/18/2009 9:53:05 PM
I have to carry a cell phone, but refuse to have a PDA or anything that means I have to look at my email away from my desk. When I got a new phone down here, I looked for the most rugged one I could find, as it takes a beating in my world. I think it's called a G'zOne or something like that, rubberized outer shell and water resistant. So far so good, haven't killed it yet despite some rough treatment.
 In2ItRon
Msg: 3
view profile
History
What kind of cell phone do you use? Do you consider it a reflection on the type of person you are?
Posted: 10/19/2009 6:21:39 AM
I have an iPhone 3G, which I got because it enables me to stay connected to my business when I'm away from the office; and has tons of cool applications.

I don't feel it's a reflection of anything 'cept excellent Apple technology.
 oregonsaint
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/19/2009 11:33:06 PM
No, I consider it a reflection of what was on sale at the time, or what carrier had the better package offer.
 Zabrix
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/20/2009 2:04:20 AM
I have an old used sprint phone which I got when my mother got a new phone since my old one stopped holding a charge.

And I don't think a phone can really reflect the type of person you are, I mean I was in the Portland greyhound a few weeks ago waiting for my bus (for 6 and a half hours) and I saw a lot of people I thought were just crazy homeless people, then all of a sudden they get a call and pull out an iPhone or some other new crazy touch screen type phone and all I can think is "Holy crap, was I wrong in thinking that person is a crazy bum? Maybe he is just a dirty traveler."
 wehold
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/21/2009 3:39:26 PM
I'm a dinosaur, I guess. I don't have a cell phone and have no plans to get one. I've functioned for over 50 years without one, and I don't need to be available 24/7 like some hookers.

I see this young generation spends most its time text messaging. How did we get along without wasting our time doing that all the time when we were young?
 cposteve1
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 10/22/2009 11:41:16 AM
I Phone. I am currently writing an App to use the I Phone as a scale.
 m kaemicha
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2009 11:46:46 PM
I had a Blackberry for a couple of years then finally broke down and got an iPhone and I love it. It's a great source of entertainment.
 kbodley
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2009 9:04:43 PM
Wehold, I remember when Montana Bell offered "private" lines - and my aunt (who lived on a party line withh seven other families) couldn't believe that there were people out there who would pay extra to protect themselves from eavesdropping neighbors! Dinosaus die! Every generation moves on! I gave up my land line more than five years ago! I pay for one phone - the one that I tuck into my purse when I leave the house. I don't have to give friends three numbers to get in touch with me (home, work, cell). I give them one - my cell phone! If I don't answer leave a message. It's clean, simple, and cheap! So long dinosaur!
 patkreno
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2009 1:52:58 PM
I think that a lot of people in my age group (20 - 30) tend to judge certain aspects of a person's personality from their cell phone. What goes through my head is the following:

1. Is it relatively new?
2. Is it overly complicated?
3. Is it ringing off the hook?
4. How trendy is it? (yes there are trends for these 500 dollar investments... I know people that blow through 2 or 3 a year simply because it's the new "in" phone)

These aren't judgments I make consciously, but when looking back at it, yeah I do, but not without thinking about it really.

As far as the dinosaur goes, I'm with kbodley on this one.Yeah I'm 26 so maybe my opinion doesn't count as much, but sure in the old days you were doing other things, but I like being able to have simultaneous conversations with upwards of 8 of my friends at once and still do my day to day things. Or have the ability to answer the phone from any location.

When I travel I never have to look for a pay phone, nor do I have to fumble around for a store that can break some cash for quarters. It's more of a freedom than a hindrance. And if you don't want to be available? You just turn it off, goes to voice mail instead of a busy signal from leaving it off the hook!
 .CookieMonster.
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/4/2009 11:12:33 PM

I use nextel. I love em'.
I'm on a very competitive phone plan, compared to most other cell phone companys.
Nextel is a small breed, and there's even people whom haven't even heard of them.
It's got (DC) Walkietalkie, and it's a Blackberry Curve. No complaints here.

Would I consider is a reflection of who I am? Nah. I just like a decent phone, with good service.

acuddler
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/16/2009 9:44:41 PM
15 year old kids-and adults who think like them-consider such things. No one else does. I have several different phones from several different carriers/ manufacturers...for: personal-private, personal-business, business-business, etc. I don't even know the brands/models. At this point, cell phones are like those old 9 volt powered pocket radios that used to be big in the late 1950s/early 60s...cheap, poorly designed, poorly constructed, mostly made in third world countries, over-hyped, under-powered, and hardly worth the effort, minor conveniences. When they get to be higher quality, like SLR film cameras, European sports cars, etc, then I'll pay attention to the makes/models more.
 Rydethere
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/16/2009 10:06:58 PM
Perhaps I think like a 15 year old kid, but the iPhone is just like having a laptop I can carry in my pocket. Took it to Germany w/o service and I was amazed at all it could do & the pictures... Oh My. Links right up to wifi.
 cposteve1
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2009 12:06:00 PM
I just downloaded the new Boomarang App for my Iphone. Now I can't find it.
Show ALL Forums  > Oregon  > What kind of cell phone do you use? Do you consider it a reflection on the type of person you are?