Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > BBC      Home login  
 AUTHOR
BBCPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Brilliant TV

Following 2 hours plus of Grand Prix motor racing, gathering a world wide audience of seven, 3 of whom are tadpoles and one being a moth with mental health issues, they follow it up with Strictly Come Dancing for 2 hours plus!!! Why don't they save money and combine the two....Let them dance, strictly or otherwise, in front of racing cars. That would sort the wheat from the chaff and make time available to televise what non invertebrates would like to watch.

Rant over.

Clip Clop
 eternalsunshinexxx
Msg: 2
BBC
Posted: 10/17/2009 12:05:34 PM
Don't forget Match of the day at 10.20. WTF??? Where is Casualty

Ah well over to E4+1 for My Name is Earl. Much better than anything the BBC has to offer tonight
 amandagud
Msg: 3
view profile
History
BBC
Posted: 10/17/2009 12:10:30 PM
LOL!

That is why i am watching The X Factor

Neighhhhh lol
BBC
Posted: 10/17/2009 12:11:50 PM
In the same vein, down hill slalom skiing!!. Why don't they replace the bendy gatey type things with concrete posts. That would sort them out.....
 vwulme
Msg: 5
view profile
History
BBC
Posted: 10/17/2009 12:39:48 PM
Dear Shergar, tis Saturday night what are you doing in your stable?
IMO the BBC is doing all it can to encourage the British public to turn of the TV, I personally will be listening to the Archers omnibus and stitching sequins on to any thing that will sit still long enough.

Ami no Baka
Msg: 6
view profile
History
BBC
Posted: 10/17/2009 12:49:08 PM
I'd love to know wht they can't put on a nice bit of anime or a japanese film rather than all of this dull sport and reality programming.
 oggers
Msg: 7
view profile
History
BBC
Posted: 10/17/2009 6:00:00 PM
Theres always BBC 2, 3 , 4 and about 150 other channels to choose from , Shergar , if you dont like motor sport, put another channel on till beloved footy comes on - again - at half ten
 Brutus Maximus
Msg: 8
BBC
Posted: 10/17/2009 6:31:32 PM
to defend auntie, the f1 looks like being a british winner so & a great story to boot ( boot, car bad pun) ok was bad idea to over run, (pun) into family evening show when could of switch gears, soz channels 2, 2.

but i aint having anyone knock Ola,Kristina,Flavia, LiliaKopalegover, them girls on show dont need little knockers !
 lulu1402
Msg: 9
BBC
Posted: 10/18/2009 1:16:31 AM
i was livid i always watch Merlin before i go out sat nite they could have shown f1 on bbc 2 and shown Merlin on bbc1
 light-star
Msg: 10
BBC
Posted: 2/12/2012 11:41:09 AM
Thought I'd bump this one -
I've just turned off Countryfile, having been subjected to the joys of teenage driving & the accident rate in East Anglia & surfing in Cornwall.
(Not forgetting all the joys of Adam going to a brewery in Germany)...
Whatever happened to the farming program that this load of irrelevant junk replaced? Methinks the Beeb has lost the plot.
 HuggableHarry
Msg: 11
BBC
Posted: 2/12/2012 11:57:33 AM
Are you confusing POF with points of view (POW) where you can write about complaints etc ????

theoldbill
Msg: 12
BBC
Posted: 2/12/2012 12:08:22 PM

Are you confusing POF with points of view (POW) where you can write about complaints etc ????

Are you confusing Points of View with Colditz?
 maverickgirl69
Msg: 13
BBC
Posted: 2/12/2012 1:55:48 PM
I'm just plain confused - Top Gear was hilarious tonight though :-) Not sure what's going on with Hammond's hair though and Ryan Reynolds is not only good looking but very funny :-)
 nige 1960
Msg: 14
BBC
Posted: 2/12/2012 2:32:48 PM
the BBC should of gone years ago since the big switch over no longer get BBC do i miss it no, thank god there's no chance of hearing Eastenders. do the BBC still make programs or like everyone else buy them in.
 heyfiesta
Msg: 15
BBC
Posted: 2/12/2012 2:41:38 PM

Following 2 hours plus of Grand Prix motor racing, gathering a world wide audience of seven, 3 of whom are tadpoles and one being a moth with mental health issues, they follow it up with Strictly Come Dancing for 2 hours plus!!! Why don't they save money and combine the two....Let them dance, strictly or otherwise, in front of racing cars. That would sort the wheat from the chaff and make time available to televise what non invertebrates would like to watch.

What a silly idea......how do you get moths to dance?
 Sirenara
Msg: 16
BBC
Posted: 2/12/2012 11:27:36 PM
Panorama are running a documentary on BBC tonight about tent cities in the USA and children having no food, one little girl talks about eating rats.

I know this country has it's problems but I don't see any tent cities here.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/panorama/hi/front_page/newsid_9694000/9694094.stm

It's shocking for a country that is supposed to be rich.
 SwanSpirit
Msg: 17
BBC
Posted: 2/12/2012 11:30:27 PM
That's only because they're not allowed tents Ladyvibes. There are plenty of adults and children homeless in the UK. A tent city where they could be properly looked after is actually a good idea, the shelters are always full up.
 up4meets
Msg: 18
BBC
Posted: 2/13/2012 12:24:37 AM
There are a lot of tv companys to choose from but we still have to pay just One broadcasting company by Law or else.

I resent paying this fee to fund this left wing bunch of Luvvies.
 Trianon123
Msg: 19
view profile
History
BBC
Posted: 2/13/2012 2:16:45 AM
The power these corporations wield is fascism in action - thankfully, there are tv license resistance sites on the web which are helping people with some of the issues. I wouldnt object so much if the fee was shared out between the providers that people watch but its the power wielded by the BBC that I object to - wholeheartedly! They actually frighten people on their own doorsteps then punish them for being poor, if it was anybody else they'd be locked up for such behaviour - it isnt as if we have the choice to block the BBC either.

Fascism at its finest!
 Sirenara
Msg: 20
BBC
Posted: 2/13/2012 8:08:23 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^

I wonder if we had the option to block ourselves from receiving BBC channels, how many people would opt out?

I would for one then I wouldn't have to pay a TV licence for a channel I watch once every blue moon.
 Jo van
Msg: 21
view profile
History
BBC
Posted: 2/13/2012 8:53:40 AM
I think the BBC do a good job. (It could be better though)
I watch a lot of their programs, and often have the BBC News Channel (Ch 80) on all day (IF I'm in)
I'd like to see more consumer programs, and more reviews of products.
(Properly, not like Top Gear)
The BBC are the only TV company that aren't frightened, by the withdrawal of advertising revenues.
They should be scathing in their reviews, and completely independent.
They have some good stuff on BBC Three, and Four too sometimes.
It's only a few pence a day, good value IMO.

hteraG_smailliW
Msg: 22
BBC
Posted: 2/13/2012 1:20:41 PM
I'm with Jo Van on this. I don't begrudge paying the licence fee and think that the BBC does a good job overall. Sure, there are programs they show which I can't stand (I'm looking at you, the One Show) but I'm sure there are people who watch that yet can't stand the type of shows I enjoy.

It costs £12 per month or just 40p per day for your licence fee. I spend double that amount on a cup of tea each morning at work! And compared to the amount I pay Sky each month, the Beeb is incredibly good value for money.

It's a shame that not all of this year's F1 races are going to be shown on BBC1 :(

ps - I should point out that I don't work for the BBC, in case you wondered.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 23
view profile
History
BBC
Posted: 2/13/2012 11:35:27 PM
well there is the crux

you have to have a tv licence for the bbc whether you watch
the rubbish they put on or not

cable and sky are payable only if you want to

maybe if the bbc sacked all their high earners and presenters
and gave new folk the chance i might agree with you

money seems to be in no short supply at the beeb, just look at a live
event abroad? there are 100's of the fvckers attend on a freebie.

why does tv and radio need different commentators?

anyway i would actively encourage folk to not buy a licence until they
start paying presenters wha\t they are worth. about £500 per week
would suffice

or even better sack ALL the staff and hire east europeans at the minimum wage
and make them work 14 hour days
 helen1981
Msg: 24
BBC
Posted: 2/14/2012 12:05:57 AM
To go against the majority I like the BBC, it's much better than what they put on the other channels. At work I'm subjected to itv and it's dire. I love the likes of being human. doctor who, sherlock etc.
 kirkstmoritz2
Msg: 25
BBC
Posted: 2/14/2012 12:31:17 AM
People understandably resent not having a choice over the BBC, you can't be dragged into court for not having a sky subscription.

Having said that i think what the BBC puts out is by far and away much superior to the utter shite sky offers (in between endless adverts) The sky bog basic package is over £360 a year and if you want HD it's another £120. That makes the BBC with it's HD included free (if you've got an HD receiver) look like an absolute bargain IMO.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > BBC