Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > What does "take care" mean?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GSO_Teacher
Msg: 1
What does "take care" mean?Page 1 of 1    
I've written back and forth to a guy about 2x. On each occassion his message is about 2 sentences. This last one was 2 sentences and then he ended with "take care" -- name. Does this mean he is done? Why doesn't he ask anything about me? If he doesn't like me, why does he respond?
--Marianna
 whowhatme
Msg: 2
view profile
History
What does take care mean?
Posted: 10/26/2009 9:41:19 AM
He is being polite.
 jimmorrison4
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/26/2009 9:41:27 AM
There's no way to answer this, other than to speculate, with the information you've given.
 4gotnsoul
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/26/2009 9:45:20 AM
I view it as being done. Normally it's used in that manner. He responds outa courtesy, but seems not interested. It's sometimes hard finding a way of not wasting time talking to some1 I know isn't my type, but am always polite. Maybe he's like that. Forget it and move on.
 AdM01
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/26/2009 9:52:02 AM
Take Care is a nice way to say, thanks and I wish you luck. He's responding because he's just being nice.
 buteo regalis
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/26/2009 10:13:30 AM
If I could read his mind, I'd be able to tell you what he means by take care, I'd be able to tell you why he doesn't ask anything about you, and I'd be able to tell you whether or not he likes you, and why he responds. But, I'm not a mind-reader. Sorry.

All I can really tell you is: He does respond to your messages. So that's likely a possitive sign.
As far as "take care", maybe that's just his way of ending his emails. But, we as strangers don't really know if it has any meaning or not.
 1kindMan4U
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/26/2009 10:13:50 AM
Take care is a polite brushoff. He responds because he has manners.

Men pursue what they are attracted to and desire. His lack of pursuit says a lot
 Nevar20
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/26/2009 10:24:19 AM
I would say the men's answers are correct. i know this is ask a guy, but as a women I do the same thing. I answer sometimes b/c the guy seems cool (as a friendly level association) but if I dont have interest, usually I will make short responses, not ask much about the man, and shortly after if he doesn't hold my attention.... its like magic, I disappear. Sounds like he got the magician thing down pack as well. Also that boring.. well you seem cool, tell me about urself line is redundant.. so if you didn't spice up your first two intros.. he may just be bored with the typical e-mails.
 demondingleberry
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/26/2009 10:37:12 AM
I am waiting for the Ask A Girl forum:
"OMG! I've been emailing this girl, she writes simple emails and I respond in kind. I was going to put 'bye' at the end to put a little personality in it, but I thought she would think I wasn't interested. So I put 'take care' instead.
So my question is, if on my second/third email I put 'take care' do you take that as a brush off, or that I am warming to you and am concerned and showing personality? I don't understand women!"

Does this mean he is done?

I don't know. It might. It might not. There's equal chance either way. And it may be for completely different reasons. The "take care" may have absolutely no significance whatsoever. Such as he just sent an email to his mom, his sister, and his brother and ended all of those with "love you, take care," so simply got into the habit.

Why doesn't he ask anything about me?

I don't know what he is emailing. I don't know what you are emailing.
Maybe he's simply trying to be aloof to see if you will chase him.

If he doesn't like me, why does he respond?

Appearances. He sees himself as a nice guy, so feels he has to. And then may try to rely on indirect communication techniques online. Which lead to apoplectic confusion on your end because you can't just move on to the next guy. Do you really want a guy that puts you through this?
 Nevar20
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/26/2009 10:41:49 AM
demondingleberry.. i would say take care is not a bad ending, but it seems less endearing then, it was great chatting.. we'll talk real soon. Especially in the beginning of the chatting relationship.. if you can find a more promising goodbye, I think it would be better.
 cfb62
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2009 10:43:42 AM
"Take care" can mean the same as "talk to you later".
I think you're reading way too much into two words.
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2009 11:02:38 AM
the real question is, are you motivated to keep the exchange going or not?
 rockin_rolls
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/26/2009 11:03:22 AM
"Take care" = no interest

Move along.
 jakeo_germany
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/26/2009 11:04:31 AM
Its a sign off. It means nothing more than "Cheers" or "Peace."
 jake_tg_99
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2009 11:06:42 AM
"Take care" can mean the same as "talk to you later".
I think you're reading way too much into two words.

I'm sorry but with what she said, I find it is probably not the case. Yes "take care" can go either way, which is why you need to know the rest of the message to know which way it is ment, and as she already stated, he didn't give or ask much info .. just 2 little lines then ended with take care.

Most likelyhe used that as another way of saying "thanks for your time, but i'm not gonna take up any more of it, bye"
 ToughLuv1984
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/26/2009 11:15:58 AM
I've never been in an instance where someone said 'take care' to me and they really meant it!!! Maybe he is old school, I have never seen it in a letter or email. I agree with other posters that it sounds like a brush off. I am reminded of the scene from "He's just not that into you"... lame as it is.
 dlb47
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/26/2009 11:16:22 AM
Thats why some of the emails ended for me....I was ending with "take care"...that explains it.

Its just what it says...he is wishing you well.

I'll never end my emails with "take care" again. how funny!
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2009 11:26:32 AM
No wonder it is so hard to keep a conversation going on here!

It is just a polite way to end his second message.

Your way way overthinking it. Tell him your interested in getting to know each other a little better and write a longer email asking questions about him and if he just keeps answering in one line replies he is not interested in getting to know ya I promise. Realize many are just not good at writing on here. Ask if he wants to chat or talk on the phone and you have your answer.

Cowboy
 Navigator6
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2009 11:32:07 AM
You're over reacting and to quote Peter Griffin: You can't spell over reacting with ovary!

Seriously OP, I close 90% of my emails with "take care". There are no secret/coded meanings. It's not a brush-off or anything like that.

If he's not asking questions about you, he's either very shy, not very good w/typing, or just not really interested. Take your pick. The bottom line is, if he's not "doin' it" for you, then move on to someone who WANTS to know more about you.
 BlueEyes1712
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2009 11:37:49 AM
Curtiousy, polite. Take care is see ya later, not as if they intend on seeing you. Its just a freindly salution at the end of a friendly letter. I would dismiss any intrest since its only two sentences. Best of luck.
 Violator_Girl
Msg: 21
Posted: 10/26/2009 12:00:39 PM
I often end e-mails and texts etc to people with 'Take Care' and never once has it mean't ''Bye'' in a polite way. It means what it says, take care...how confusing, I didnt know there was this code thing to look for too lol.

Maybe its a UK thing for me?. I dunno...put it this way, if someone sent me a msg and ended it with 'Take Care'' I'd not see it as a bad thing.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > What does "take care" mean?