Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Is there such a thing as a bad ora that repels people?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mr. Brighteyes
Msg: 1
Is there such a thing as a bad ora that repels people?Page 1 of 1    
Hi, I know I am going to prolly get a lot of negative comments on this post. But I am curious to know if there is such a thing about a bad ora over certain people that repels others away? I am asking this because everyone I know doesn't have much trouble meeting people making friends and all except myself. I have the hardest time making friends and every one uses the joke that I have bad Karma or what not. LOLz. I am asking if anyone else has this problem and if there is some pointers or a magic spell I can use to lift this curse.
So when your a single parent how do you go about meeting people..... That is the million dollar question.
 Consigliori
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Is there such a thing as a bad ora that repels people?
Posted: 10/27/2009 11:44:51 AM
You mean "aura".

If by aura you mean the projection of a losing or hostile attitude - that's something you can change.
 pitterpatterpop
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/27/2009 11:56:47 AM
Try scope. it whitens and freshens breath!

diamondincnd
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2009 12:05:52 PM
Yes I believe people can have an aura for sure that is picked up by others and can some times be a bad one that turns people off.
What you need to do is ask some trusted friends or family of their honest opinions of what they feel it may be then try to change it.
 OpenHeart928
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2009 1:28:12 PM
The aura has been proven to exist via Kirlian photography. Yes, it's real. Yes, people key into the vibes you put off.

What you put off, energywise, is a result of what you think about and feel, which are attached to what you believe, what you expect and basically who you are.

If you constantly think negative thoughts -- like the ones you posted here -- you will repel people who are interested in attracting positive energy.

Change your mind. Listen to Tony Robbins to change your mindset, focus and expectations -- or other motivational speakers who talk about how to change your life for the better. There are many of them.

Read positive, uplifting information. Expect good things to happen. Believe you are going to meet the right person, with a good heart, who is honest -- whatever qualities you seek.

It all starts within you, in how you run your mind, heart and emotions. Change within, and your outer world will change, too. That's how it works. Psychology supports this fact, and so does the Bible (along with other major religions).
 Mr. Brighteyes
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/27/2009 1:43:33 PM
This is some good information. I know I didn't spell it correctly sorry on my part. I was just curious about this because I don't and haven't seen anyone else that has this problem yet. It is hard to find a good person with good qualities now days which doesn't help either. LOLz...
 m_church
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2009 2:14:02 PM

The aura has been proven to exist via Kirlian photography. Yes, it's real. Yes, people key into the vibes you put off.

I really wish there were people on this webiste that didn't buy into every psuedo science that comes along....
Kirlian photography involves dumping a large electric charge into something and photographing the effect.... it proves nothing...
Allegedly, this special method of "photographing" objects is a gateway to the paranormal world of auras. Actually, what is recorded is due to quite natural phenomena such as pressure, electrical grounding, humidity and temperature. Changes in moisture (which may reflect changes in emotions), barometric pressure, and voltage, among other things, will produce different 'auras'.

Living things...are moist. When the electricity enters the living object, it produces an area of gas ionization around the photographed object, assuming moisture is present on the object. This moisture is transferred from the subject to the emulsion surface of the photographic film and causes an alternation of the electric charge pattern on the film. If a photograph is taken in a vacuum, where no ionized gas is present, no Kirlian image appears. If the Kirlian image were due to some paranormal fundamental living energy field, it should not disappear in a simple vacuum (Hines 2003).
There have even been claims of Kirlian photography being able to capture "phantom limbs," e.g., when a leaf is placed on the plate and then torn in half and "photographed," the whole leaf shows up in the picture. This is not due to paranormal forces, however, but to fraud or to residues left from the initial impression of the whole leaf.
 BChamp1226
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2009 3:22:41 PM

It is hard to find a good person with good qualities now days which doesn't help either.

Hello -

I wish you the best of luck. With that, I think this is part of what might be holding you back. The negativity of the above comment runs through your profile. Heck, even your tagline is pessimistic. If Emo is your gig, cool. Just don't expect to much attention outside of other folks who are like-minded. If you want to widen who might be interested, you may need to adjust your thinking.

I'm sure you have a lot to offer. You're obviously willing to put in effort to meet your goals. Just try to find your positive side, accentuate a little confidence. Good luck.
 KarmicEvolution
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2009 5:40:01 PM
People can send out bad vibes for sure. Everyone has met someone who just gives them bad vibes.

Sometimes is just nerves showing. I dont really know how you would fix it, I havnt had the problem.
 ConsciousSoul
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2009 5:47:10 PM
OP, you can get a course in interpersonal-relationships. It really helps to acquire the tools required to create significant bounds with new people.
Amongst these tools, you will find:

* Understanding and maintaining your boundaries
* Using "I" statements
* Understanding how communication works
* How to develop trust
* The importance of self-disclosing and feedback
* Verbal and non verbal cues
* Problem solving

I assure you these are very concrete, and they will help you a lot better than your "aura" (whatever that is) to acquire new friends and create meaningful relationships with people.
 Tomau
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/27/2009 5:48:02 PM
Some people just give off a bad Vibe. Something about them just doesn't seem right. If you sense something wrong it probably is.

Some are better than others at sensing it.
 staceyssc
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2009 6:12:23 PM
Brighteyes there are some things in your profile that I think should be pointed out. I hope I don't sound mean, but I think you want to know what is being noticed. First, you have 4 pics, but not one of them has a smile. You look almost angry to me. then you talk about things like being burned before (who hasn't been?) and your family being the ONLY ones who were there for you. Your profile could use some work as it currently sounds a little bitter. Could this be what people see in person as well? I don't want to hurt your feeling and you actually sound like a decent guy when I've read your comments in forums but you should think about these things.
 Mr. Brighteyes
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/27/2009 6:17:09 PM
These are some really good points people have brought up. I am not wantning a pity party or anything just some thoughts and Ideas on how to turn this around a lil. and your right I don't smile much lol. I am glad to see some positve out come in this forum.
 itsallinthesoul
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/28/2009 10:13:35 AM
Kinda in the wrong forum .... perhaps relationships would have been a better locale.

In any event, OP we all have senses (I believe) that we refer to as intuition, gut feelings, etc.... In any event, there are people we meet to whom we are attracted (intellectually) and those we are not. If you are a negative thinker then I suspect that comes shining through and is a big reason why you find it hard to meet/sustain relationships with people. Attitude is a big attractor/detractor.....
 propurpose
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/28/2009 11:09:40 AM

ora = aura

and yes. but here is what it is in truth.

that which you are repelled by is a form or identity which have conditions relating fear to you which seems to threaten the person of your identity or self integrity.

now...the fears being related by an other person which repel you are learned by society (and therefore associated) and/or inherited in you .

so...what you are really fearing is a.)...loss of your self love by relationship to/in another. or b.)...loss of your self love by relationship of your self.

and further...if it be b.) ...loss of your self love by relationship of your self...then you are afraid of your self (fear-self) and someone other is reminding you of that.

comments.....?
 Mr. Brighteyes
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/28/2009 6:56:07 PM
To reply to this and some of the other post. Yes, the reason I put this post in here is because I am a single father who is trying to get back into the dating world. Myself I would like to get opinions, and thoughts from other single parents, as far as if anyone else that is having a hard time being single and a parent.
As far as the last post I am a lil confused. I did get out of a relationship in which I reget now that I look back and now the damage is done and there is no turning back to it. Now, on the other hand I would say it would be fear of self.... Fear of failing or rejected or trying to hard to do everything right I look like a fake instead of people seeing me for me.
I guess I am lost to what and where I need to start to change this life style.
 GQSunset
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/28/2009 8:12:00 PM
I think the aura stems from negative thinking and harboring insecurities about your worth in the dating market, not saying you are an insecure person just insecurities in general this can transmit what is called a bad vibe.

Women are astute and can sense through body language your state of confidence, any lack of confidence in yourself or your sense of self worth is read as unattractive.

You are not alone.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > Is there such a thing as a bad ora that repels people?