Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > whats the best way to reject a woman      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 JCK 65
Msg: 1
whats the best way to reject a womanPage 1 of 1    
Most of the messages I get are from women I am not interested in. I have been messaging them back . I don't want to hurt their feelings . they seem like genuinely nice people. I don't want to give them false hopes or waste their time. Help
 ForumFlounder
Msg: 2
whats the best way to reject a woman
Posted: 11/2/2009 10:11:26 AM
I recommend try thread search first.

But for what its worth -- be polite but frank.

"Thank you for the interest, however I want to be honest and say that I feel perhaps we may not be the best match for one another. Good luck and all the best."

Or "You seem like a great person, but perhaps I am just not the best match for you. Best wishes".
 JCK 65
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/2/2009 10:15:48 AM
thankyou for your advice. I'm new to this forum. Not sure what a thread search is or how I do it.
 ForumFlounder
Msg: 4
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/2/2009 10:42:15 AM
Don't answer them..It's better than "you aren't my type" or "thanks for the message" and then she writes back encouraged..

Good Lawd if she is a grown woman she will get over it.
 myrgth
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2009 10:54:04 AM
I prefer no response at all if there is no interest.

No response means I won't give them another thought. A response, regardless of how polite, saying, "Thanks but I'm not interested." is a waste of both of our time.
 ToughLuv1984
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/2/2009 11:15:00 AM
No response is the best method.
 Helen0426
Msg: 8
what's the best way to reject a woman
Posted: 11/2/2009 11:46:33 AM
I agree with you that manners demand a reply of some kind. Write what you'd like to hear if a woman is telling you "No, thanks." You don't have to explain - and I heartily recommend that you don't - but do let them know the status. Keep it short and simple.

Example:
"Thank you, no. I wish you the best of luck in your search."
Alternatively:
"No, thank you. Good luck!"

There are only so many variations, really, it's kind of like choosing whether to say, "He's dead, Jim," or "Jim, he's dead."

I realize that women are often more oblique than men in making a first contact, and she may not have said overtly that she's interested, so you might not be sure that these responses apply. Let me assure you now, if she lives in the same hemisphere, and wrote - and didn't specify, in so many words, that it is a purely friendly contact - she's interested, and these responses apply.
 JP1111
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2009 12:56:24 PM
You could simply not message them back to explain your lack of interest (BELIEVE me, I get that a LOT) but, if you feel you need to message them back, simply mention that you thank them for messaging you and feel that you two are not a match.
 mascot1
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/2/2009 1:02:37 PM
For the women you have already begun to message back just say that you are not interested. Not to be mean or anything but this is a dating website and they should not be on here if they can't handle a little rejection. Give women more credit man! hahaha They'll move on!
You shouldn't have messaged them back unless stating "I'm not romantically interested but you seem to be interesting to talk to.." because you are leading them on otherwise.

I just write "Thank you but I am not interested, I wish you well, have a good day"

Easily done.
 Raine1961
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/2/2009 1:33:54 PM
No response works best.
 FairyHealer
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2009 2:00:46 PM
I can’t believe all the “No Responses” in this thread. What happened to “Communication”? Why not let someone know the reason you’re not interested. Perhaps they are blonde and you prefer brunettes, maybe you don’t want to raise young kids …whatever the reason is …. Be honest and just let them know.

It’s what I prefer and what I offer ….

Peace & Communication ….the FairyHealer
 ToughLuv1984
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/2/2009 2:06:15 PM
Fairy which is better, an inbox full of explicit rejections or an empty inbox? Yeah, thought so.
 Svetlana Blue
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/2/2009 2:11:08 PM
FAIRYHEALER ~Who the hell has time to e mail 20 to 77+ men back per day "not interested" and start an e mail war about why we were not interested? I know I do not. Manners no longer work on here. If you say no, they say why not. You tell them why not. They whine and do not stop e mailing. Then you have to block. Very simle = No response, Not interested.
 kebemik
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2009 2:21:27 PM
I think it depends on how many messages you have to deal with. I would much prefer a polite "no thanks" than to be ignored.

If you are swamped with messages, I would suggest restricting your email filters if that might help, or putting something in your profile to politely say that you are swamped with messages and no reply means no interest.

Many here think that read/delete or unread/delete is an answer. I personally feel that is rude, but I don't think it's realistic to expect anyone to answer hundreds or even dozens of emails a day.

Consider yourself lucky! Most guys on here complain about getting no interest and no replies to their email.
 wpg_chick_84
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/2/2009 2:49:09 PM
Thanks for the message but I'm not interested. Good luck with your search.
 myrgth
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2009 2:55:10 PM

I can’t believe all the “No Responses” in this thread. What happened to “Communication”?

It is said that 65-90% of communication is nonverbal.

Why not let someone know the reason you’re not interested.

I absolutely do not need or want to know why someone is not interested in me. That they are not interested is plenty enough. The 'why' will be subjective and personal to them and have absolutely nothing to do with me so why would I want to make it my issue or concern?
 thebushcutter70
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/2/2009 3:05:36 PM
i wouldnt mind actually recieving a few messages to actually either ignore or write back to say " thanks but no thanks ".

hey ladies you can message me and i WILL message you back..............its not like my inbox is full of un-read mail because it isn`t.

i dont want to make it a hobby of rejecting women for the sake of it.......!!!!!

Bookbelle
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2009 3:27:38 PM
I personally prefer to receive no reply if someone isn't interested in me. If I don't get a reply, I'm fine with that. "No thank you"s are fine too.
Actually, the guys that annoy me the most are the ones who reply making conversation when they aren't interested. I mean, either don't reply, or reply making it clear they're not interested, fine, but otherwise it just annoys me.
 FairyHealer
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2009 4:09:31 PM
Hi Tuffluv .....

I'm hoping people aren't contacting every single person on the site ..... hoping "someone" might take the bait. We all have several "viewed me" hits, but not everyone of them sends a hello or an I'm interested email.

After getting many responses from "shorter" men, I put down my preference for taller men rogjt in my profile .... but I still will extend a courtesy reply letter letting a short man know my prefernce. Perhaps I'm an odd fish in this pond .... who knows ?¿

Peace .....the FairyHealer
 FairyHealer
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2009 4:11:20 PM
Svetlana ..... Put a shirt on honey .... LOL

I have never nor likely will ever have that issue ......

Peace, the FairyHealer
 UB39
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2009 4:15:04 PM
No response sends a message loud and clear!!!!
 FairyHealer
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2009 4:15:56 PM
Hi Myrgth

You replied ...
It is said that 65-90% of communication is nonverbal.

This is an online dating site .... lets hope those stats don't apply here on POF cause if that's the case .... we all must be wasting our time.???

Peace ....the FairyHealer
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > whats the best way to reject a woman