Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > New single travelor, which is the best single travel company?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 countrychica
Msg: 1
New single travelor, which is the best single travel company?Page 1 of 1    
I am ready to see the world. I have never traveled alone so I would like to start with a singles travel group before venturing on my own. Does any one have experience with certain companies? Any suggestions? I am looking at all options. Thankx for any tips.
 Selima
Msg: 2
New single travelor, which is the best single travel company?
Posted: 11/12/2009 2:26:36 PM
I've never used a singles travel company. However, if you want one, just google. I checked for someone else on this thread. There are a few that look possible.
 globetrotterjas
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/17/2009 2:42:38 AM
ok, I have used both these companies:

"Geckos" and "Intrepid".

Both cater to solo travellers and are at the lower end of the market.

"Gap" and "Peregrine" also do tours that suit solo travellers. These 2 companies cater to people who are willing to pay more for luxury etc.

When I say solo, i mean that these companies generally don't charge a single supplement (meaning you will prob share a room with another person of the same gender) However the option to pay a single supplement is available should you not want to share.

When you say 'singles' do you mean as in not in a relationship?? Hmm looking over your question perhaps that was the case.

Anyway, you have some leads, hope it helps.

Cheers
 Mezunte
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2009 9:04:09 AM
If you are looking for a fun, informative and active adventure try Esprit (www.whitewater.ca) . they were rated as on of the best travel companies in the world.

Mezunte
 Sweet CRN
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2009 2:23:09 PM
I just got off a Singles Cruise (Halloween) with www.SinglesCruise.com. There were 350 Singles there of all ages. Lots of fun!
I've heard that VACATIONS TO GO has very nice hosted Singles cruises; and many people prefer these over SINGLES CRUISE.COM. I will try that one next.
Good luck!
Sweet CRN
 Jane54
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/6/2009 8:32:05 PM
Hi, I have used Gap Advenutes for 2 trips, the first was China, Tibet & Nepal. It was an absolutely wonderful trip. The second trip was to India and was also very very good. Even though I booked with Gap here in Calgary, both trips were led by Intrepid which is out of Austalia. I have had friends that used Gap as well for Central America and South America and Africa. All had a great time. I highly recommend travelling alone. If you find a trip you are interested in, just do it, don't wait to find someone to accompany you. If you talk someone into a trip you like and they complain the whole way, it is a real pain. Good luck, happy travelling. L
 BorneoBabe
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/16/2009 2:54:13 PM
There's awesome rafting trips in Mexico with an organization called Esprit.

They pick you up from the airport when you arrive to dropping you back off at the end.

Not only rafting they do, but you do some hiking in the jungle, see ancient places, stay with locals, coffee plantations and lots more.

It's great and the prices are reasonable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just noticed someone recommended it as well.
 tahoemw1
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2010 12:10:45 PM
Escapade tours
 tahoemw1
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2010 12:11:45 PM
singles travel company and Escapade are trips for single people
 brieses360
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/4/2010 7:44:44 PM
I'v traveled with GAP and Intrepid. They're regular tour companies, so you'll get couples and groups, but there's no single suppliment.

They're awesome people, small group sizes and you really get to see alot.
 chetter4u
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2010 6:21:46 PM
Check out www.bestcruisesforsingles.com

CK
 faybells
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2010 3:21:32 AM
I have travelled with Intrepid and Toucan. They both offer small group travelling of differing expertese. Intrepid would be my choice but both are good. No single sup and the groups consist of singles, couples and smaller groups within the group.
 chongchon
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2010 8:03:22 PM
meetup.com , search the travel group.
 MrDerbyMysterious
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2010 10:11:44 AM
I've tried friendship travel (http://www.friendshiptravel.com/) and while fun like most singles travel companies tend to have people 40+ as the average age. I was 31 and the youngest there by 8 years.

Now I just travel on my own but book a hotel that has a mix of people around my age and hopefully single! :)

Speaking of which I am looking at destinations for such a holiday. Any suggestions anyone? (I'd prefer europe as further afield means longer flights that drive me potty! :)

Thanks
 blueeyeserik
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/7/2011 2:19:33 PM
I have cruised with singlescruise.com 3 times and am booked for a the cruise in Feb. They run a great trip and are a good company. I know of a few marriages that have resulted from their trips.
 mrits2011
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/12/2012 4:09:22 PM
I am also looking for single' s traveling options between 16th to 26th thanksgiving week suggest if you have any travel company offers good deals and locations
Thanks
Mits
 Miss_ing
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/3/2012 8:07:33 PM
Try WTT, Women Traveling Together. They have been featured in Time mag.
 rodgee1995
Msg: 18
Posted: 12/21/2012 8:29:59 PM
Hello My name is Rod and I would suggest taking the route i took as a traveler. I traveled 2 to 3 times per yeear and I decided to become a travel agent so that i can learn the business and get the discounts as well as get paid for it. Thats a win win. And since doing that I learned so many other additional perks and incentives and extra streams of income came from this decision. I can now book cruises,trips,book cars, hotels, planes, buy and sell tickets for my clients to any sporting event, concert at any venue around the world, and get paid for it. Visit my site learn more @ www.fta-vacations.com/1159762

Thanks..and be a great day,,
 chongchon
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2012 9:50:36 PM
Hi, I am looking for a travel partner.

I have 12/22-1/1 off work, plan to have 5-8 days trip. I am thinking to fly to Florida and have 2-5 nights cruise, and spend the rest time tour around FL. I am also think to have a tour of TN, like Memphis, Nashville, etc., or, South Carolina.

Anybody also interested in going? :)
 Allan Anger
Msg: 20
Posted: 12/27/2012 11:46:51 AM
Would be very interested, but out of your age preference..
 newcodelogic
Msg: 21
Posted: 12/28/2012 2:09:46 PM
if your 18 to 35 consider
Contiki or busabout or top deck

Or if u like small groups

G Adventures

Intrepid Travel

Also Geckos Travel
 Ibelieveinforever
Msg: 22
Posted: 12/28/2012 4:07:13 PM
I don't know which company would be best, but aren't the Club Meds known for single's travel. I am looking for someone to travel with in the beginning of jan, 2013. Anyone available??? Deborah
 persiamom
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2013 7:42:15 PM
Hi there, I started traveling alone 3 years ago and was lucky enough to find via internet singlestravelcompany.com. I took 2 trips (Italy and Galapagos Islands) then began going with them as a "social hostess". Since then I have been to Egypt, Ireland, China, Hawaii, another trip to both Italy and Ecuador and have been 100% pleased with my trips. They divide the vacations into age groups and offer room sharing. You should definitely check them out as an option. They've been featured in several magazines. Hope you have some great experiences :)
 Keeks29
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/19/2013 7:05:58 PM
gap adventures/gadventures is fantastic depending on age. I recently did a 30 tour with them in Southeast Asia alone that was fantastic. It was a basic style trip (so the audience was a little young for me), the comfort style fit a slightly older audience, however they mostly target younger adults (18-35). The basic trip was more 18-23. Mix of solo travellers and pairs/small groups.

Contiki is very party oriented.
Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > New single travelor, which is the best single travel company?