Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What exactly does no Games and no Drama mean?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jksamb
Msg: 1
view profile
History
What exactly does no Games and no Drama mean?Page 1 of 1    
I see lots of women put "no games" and/or "no drama" in their profiles, either as what they offer or what they want. I have some of my own ideas about what this means to me but what exactly does this mean to a woman?

Thanks!
 Svetlana Blue
Msg: 2
What exactly does no Games and no Drama mean?
Posted: 11/16/2009 1:16:09 PM
Ask them. It could mean a number of things. I do not have it on mine; I have what I do not want on here but people have still lied. So, I got really blunt about it. It works too. Finally, people who lie stopped e mailing me. Ask them what it means. Not that difficult. To me games and drama means people who tell stories and lies to try to make you want to meet them. Drama means tons of issues with the X, tragic behaved kids, etc. It is an issue that is WIDE open. All you can do is ask.
 Aisfor_Amanda
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/16/2009 1:16:54 PM
It means they don't want someone who plays Dungeons and Dragons or World of War Craft.

No drama means no actors.
 ForumFlounder
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/16/2009 1:18:48 PM
^^^lol @ snarky.

OP -- there are plenty-a-men who put this on their profiles as well.

I think this is right along the same line of "I hate liars, posers and cheaters".

Well, umm hello!?!? ...Who does??

I sometimes find that folks who have to reiterate this are the very thing of what they think they're trying to repel.
Posted: 11/16/2009 1:23:34 PM
^^^^ding ding ding...Its kinda the like attracts like thing....do you really think somebody that is high quality and can pick and choose is going to listen to "drama"....
 Landra2
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2009 1:24:59 PM
It means "I've made bad choices in my life and rather than take responsibility and use better judgment, I'm hoping all the bad bad men will stay away from me if I put up a 'no trespassing' sign"
 feistyredangel
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/16/2009 1:26:33 PM
Exactly, Landra.

And in my experience I have found that the ones that say no games, no drama are the first ones to start it.
 artist_48
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/16/2009 1:38:35 PM
This is interpreted differently by each of us- male
and female alike.
It may be a defensive measure or it may mean
that they will not place interest in anyone who
employs mind- games as standard MO. Mind
games= control, defensive measures, etc.
I tend to see those broad statements as a defensive
measure of the one who posts it. They may tend to attract
people of that nature, yet not have an awareness
yet as to why, so they place this statement in
their profile thinking it will steer the mind- playing ,
dramatic people away....
 Sabrosura
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/16/2009 1:40:16 PM

It means they don't want someone who plays Dungeons and Dragons or World of War Craft.

No drama means no actors.

peppermint petunias
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/16/2009 1:44:06 PM
.Amen!!

I have found that the ones that say no games, no drama are the first ones to start it.

That is a big nuh uh on a profile to me.

WTH???
Snarky..lmao
 jksamb
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2009 2:20:37 PM
Thanks so much girls,

Just to return the favor and share my views...

Games to me means saying anything to try to get someone to like you instead of being yourself and hoping to find someone that genuinely likes the real you.

Drama means control or really unsubstantiated high maintenance. Like 16-20 emails before noon. Or can you replace my radiator even though we've only met twice? Or my ex always did this for me so you should too... he's on the phone and wants to talk to you....

I totally agree.... one shouldn't have to say they don't want that in their profile...
I think the "like attracts like" theory holds true here and they would probably be the first ones to display this kind of behavior.

Dang. I just want to find my sweetheart. Is that so much to ask? :-)
 honeyangel1985
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/16/2009 2:31:35 PM
It's going to mean differently to everyone.

I used to have it on my profile when I was single and the translation was no players, multiple chatters, multiple daters, liars, cheaters, fakes,dishonest men, no guys who keep in contact with ex-girlfriends, no divorced or married men, and no men who throw mantrums. And the biggie, no men with single women friends. And I found one who met my standards.
 Svetlana Blue
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/16/2009 2:34:03 PM
JKS, it is not to much to ask. However, it is sad what has happend to some of on here. I used to have a cool, neat , friendly profile; and guess what? I met nothing but men with poor, bad intentions. And I put a lot of time into getting to know these people before even meeting them; or so I thought. One I even dated long distance and moved for; that is a whole new thread. So...just send a few e mails. See how it goes. Meet ASAP and never be shocked when people are not who they are in photos or what they have told you. Good luck. And that is for everyone. I know there are still a lot of good people on here. I am just done with the whole on line approach. It wears people out who are busy and have their lives together.
 demondingleberry
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/16/2009 2:39:34 PM
It means
"I'm manipulative, emotional, and controlling:
I am trying to control who contacts me
I am frustrated at not being handed perfection so have to add vague subjective requirements I get to define to my profile that are socially acceptable
I am trying to manipulate you into seeing me as someone that doesn't play games or has drama, and that I am so smart and together I can spot it."

Or it means
"I don't really want to talk about myself on this dating site because I still have negative associations with it so am going to hide my true personality. Instead I am going to throw common cliches on my profile that make me sound normal and good, like baiting a trap. So no matter what happens if it ends I can call it a game and drama and shift blame to you."

Means the same whether men or women use it.
It's not gender specific IMO.
 Atlantis80
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/16/2009 2:45:45 PM
Im very wary of folks that put "no drama" and "no games" in their profile because in my experience...the ones who complain the most about that type of stuff and how much they dont want it in their lives are the ones who constantly create it for themselves.

Can mean a bunch of things if you want to get technical.

But honestly...who DOES want that stuff in their life.

That's like other profiles I've read that said..."No cheaters, liars, moochers" etc. As if any of us want them.
 kebemik
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2009 3:05:13 PM
First of all, I wouldn't put it directly on my profile, because it seems to indicate that either the person who writes it is guilty of it, or that the person who writes it is a magnet for it.

To me, games means behaving in a manipulative way. It means pretending that you do or don't have other dates when the opposite is true. It means playing hard to get. It means deliberately not calling or messaging someone in an attempt to control the situation and not look too eager. It means stringing someone along when you have no intention of meeting them but are just bored and trying to amuse yourself. It means deliberately saying or doing something to upset the other person in order to keep them on edge and guessing. It means leading someone on when you are just looking for a fling. It means pretending to be someone that you are not. It means lying about your intentions. It means lying about your marital status or employment. Pretty much anything that involves dishonesty could be "games" but some people think that little lies somehow don't count. They are wrong and they are playing games.

To me drama can mean two different things, both bad. One, it can mean making a mountain out of a molehill. Acting like a parking ticket or a broken fingernail is worthy of an Academy Award is drama. Two, it can mean having an excess of genuine drama in your life. Having a stalker ex, using drugs or being involved with people who do, criminal issues, major financial problems - those are big drama issues that most of us don't want to get caught up in.
 Jewlsey*
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/16/2009 3:06:18 PM
When I see the words 'drama' or 'games' on a profile, my eyes glaze over and I forget anything else I read on that page. When I come to, I usually find that I had clicked 'NEXT' in my zoned out state....
 SassySky
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/16/2009 3:37:17 PM

what exactly does this mean to a woman?

No games means to me on any profile, haven't worked through issues and need some help or they haven't learned how to play any board games.

No drama means they don't want your drama they only want theirs.

I click next... when I see or hear these so over stated words that to me are so bloody hypocritical and over done.

If I am being charitable I think that the user was looking for filler to put on their profile.IMO
 myrgth
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2009 3:38:32 PM
All it means to me is that I'm not going to be going on a date with them and odds are I'm not even going to respond to a message they send me.

Unless they are really hot.. or have a good job.. or are really hot. /facetious
 OpenHeart928
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2009 4:05:50 PM
"No drama" means one or more of the following:

1) "I have enough drama of my own to have to deal with yours, too."

2) "I am going to start some major drama in your life and am making sure you already know it's your fault."

3) "My problems are merely challenges, but yours are 'drama.' "

4) "My daddy spoiled me too much, so you will treat me like a princess."
 Geriberry
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/16/2009 4:31:56 PM
No hassle probably from both parties
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What exactly does no Games and no Drama mean?