Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > eHarmony...STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE!!!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 grog27
Msg: 1
eHarmony...STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE!!!Page 1 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)
Just a friendly warning to everyone out there; STAY AWAY FROM EHARMONY!! They're the type of site that gives all others a bad name. I signed up for their "free" 7-day trial but, when I tried to opt out of the full membership, BEFORE my 7-day trial had expired, they seemed to "lose" that particular message and, as a result, decided that I really wanted to sign on for a full membership. How thoughtful of them! You can just imagine what fun I'm having trying to get my money back from those people! What's more, even though I've sent them numerous emails as well as indicating on my preferences that I don't wish to receive notice of "matches", they still keep sending them! It's painfully obvious that the folks at eHarmony (more like eHARM!!) are not really concerned with helping people find happiness; their main aim is making money, by whatever means necessary.
I repeat: DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR; STAY AWAY FROM EHARMONY!!!
 Lovebunnie
Msg: 2
eHarmony...STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE!!!
Posted: 7/11/2005 10:42:52 PM
I've not used that site, but that happens on a lot of sites. I used one of the more popular sites out there for 3 months and had to cancel several times before they got the message. Luckily I tried to cancel well before the next billing. It took 3 emails to have it show up.

I tend to stay away from the free trial- it's just a way for them to get your credit card number so they can "lose" your cancellation email.
 Fire_Cracker
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/11/2005 10:44:06 PM
I agree with you... eharmony is just a cash cow. I was on it for 6 months and they could not find one match for me.

Rip off site!
 playful4321
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/11/2005 10:48:32 PM
I had one match on EHARMONY that I met...didn't work out, but she was a nice lady...but the site seemed a little fishy to me...so I never paid...

She actually put her email in her profile...that is how I contacted her...

From now on, I am staying on this site..lots of great people, no rip offs...and I have met some very nice people here...made a couple of friends even if nothing more...
 PepperStar
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/12/2005 7:29:27 PM
It's mostly the same people as on other dating sites. EHarmony makes a few matches for you, but your "match" isn't interested in meeting you. So you might as well use the free sites, at least it didn't cost you to get a rejection.
 SexyandBrainy
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/12/2005 7:41:51 PM
FYI Eharmony is a Christian site, not that it matters but not a lot of people know it and it's kind of ironic...lol
And number 2, if you signed up online with a credit card you can get your credit people to refuse payment because the one disadvantage online merchants have is that because you don't physically sign for something you are not held accountable to have to pay it and by law they HAVE to reimburse you.
 bizee
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/13/2005 9:54:13 AM
After finding this site, i figured why go anywhere else....everywhere else uses the classic "bait 'n' switch" i.e. - find your match for free! oh, by the way, if you want to actually meet ms. or mr. right, we're going to charge you.
This site is refreshing in that they say 100% free, and lo and behold! they mean it!
just my $0.02 worth
 ksue44
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/16/2005 10:08:16 PM
I didn't care about eHarmony either. I did it for 3 months, it is expensive and I think I had 4 contacts. Not one of the men, did I meet in person. It was a big disappointment. The questionnaire was good but that's about it.
 Louis52
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2005 2:17:35 PM
yes I agree ladies and gentlemen..eharmony is for the birds...spent about half an hour

filling out their numerous question on to be told I was part of the small percentage of

people these hypocrites can't fit in their categories and did not pass their red neck

conservative profiles....July -17-2005--Canada
 batgirl
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/17/2005 3:47:42 PM
it's surprising to learn just how many are in that "small percentage".

I took the quiz thing for free but wouldn't sign up for anything. i don't even have a CLubPogo membership (although that is the only one i'm actually thinking about paying for). If i'm going to spend money on the internet, i go to eBay.

This site is much better than anything else i've found. eHarmony said i didn't have any matches, and yet lo and behold, on this website, i found my new boyfriend. No matches my butt.
 iluvmonkeys2
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/18/2005 8:56:54 AM
yep i'm another one in that 'small percentage'...nice to know i'm in good company...
 astrosky
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2005 9:48:29 AM
Another horrid thing about eharmony is they wouldn't let me or my matches choose such basic preferences as age range, weight, height, etc. They play "daddy knows best" and tell you who you're going to like. Everyone I was matched with either refused to talk to me or I refused to talk to them due to complete turn-offs on someone's part. And they want you to pay big bucks for such rejection? Please! I hope they go bankrupt.

POF rocks!
 stew721
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/18/2005 9:51:15 AM
And number 2, if you signed up online with a credit card you can get your credit people to refuse payment because the one disadvantage online merchants have is that because you don't physically sign for something you are not held accountable to have to pay it and by law they HAVE to reimburse you.

Umm.. No! I have an online store and Internet enabled merchant accounts with VISA, MC, Discover, AMEX. There are different types of merchant accounts, some requiring the merchant to obtain a signature and others not. The Internet enabled merchant accounts can be harder for a merchant to be approved for as no signature is required and the risk of fraud is much higher than for a brick-and-mortar. Generally, Internet enabled merchant account will also allow the merchant to accept telephone and mail orders. All of which the card's never seen and no signature's required.

It doesn't matter where the hell you buy something, whether it's in a brick-and-mortar or virtual store, you're liable for your your purchase. This can vary depending upon where the company's based and where their Web servers are located. If the company's based in North America though and so are their servers, you're absolutely 100% just as responsible for your purchase as if you were to walk into the actual store.

If the merchant does something illegal (i.e. billing for items you didn't order, charging for cancelled subscriptions, processed the transaction and never shipped/provided the goods/service, etc.) then you can contact your credit card issuer to have them process a chargeback. However, this won't happened instantly as they will usually do an investigation into the matter to see exactly what did happen. CC companies aren't like PayPal who just let you have free stuff without ever having to pay for it, they actually investigate the claims made against the merchants before taking any action.

As long as the merchant has the proper records, proof, etc. that the transaction in question is valid, you won't be able to have the charges reversed (and rightfully not). When I refer to companies I'm not referring to those who use 3rd party payment processors, I'm talking about companies who have their own merchant numbers (and may or may not use a payment gateway).

Merchants absolutely do not HAVE to reimburse anything, except in the case of fraud. This again may vary depending upon the country though.
 grog27
Msg: 14
A Happy Result!!
Posted: 7/19/2005 2:46:27 PM
Well, some good news for me!! After much badgering of the ofending party, I finally got the refund I was looking for! Will wonders never cease!! I guess it proves that the squeaky heel gets the grease. So, for anyone else who goes throughtis sort of thing; DON'T GIVE UP!
 SexyandBrainy
Msg: 15
A Happy Result!!
Posted: 7/19/2005 2:55:10 PM

Merchants absolutely do not HAVE to reimburse anything, except in the case of fraud. This again may vary depending upon the country though.

This was a clear case of "fraud" so they absolutely HAD to reimburse him. And so they did and every merchant does.
 Ownsherown
Msg: 16
view profile
History
A Happy Result!!
Posted: 7/19/2005 4:12:46 PM
My ex though he was being nice and gave me a year membership to E-daddy knows best for christmas. What a serious waste of time and his money.
A) I am not looking to be married, or interested in being someones step mommy.
B) They seem to have a liberal view on distance
C) only 1 of 6 "matches" had a photo
D) and it seems like circumventing the long drawn out "meeting" process and using the fast track approach scares the hell out of the guys on there.
E) all my matches were older than me, I perfer younger guys, just how I am.
 stew721
Msg: 17
A Happy Result!!
Posted: 7/19/2005 4:32:10 PM
This was a clear case of "fraud" so they absolutely HAD to reimburse him. And so they did and every merchant does.

Is there an echo in here?!? I could have sworn that's what I'd said.. In the case of fraud. Actually, "Merchants absolutely do not HAVE to reimburse anything, except in the case of fraud. This again may vary depending upon the country though." to be specific. 8-)

However, in the post by you which I'd originally quoted, you made no mention of fraud. You simply implied that anyone can order anything via the Internet and not have to pay for it. That does work at times when paying through PayPal, but you most likely won't get away with it if the company has their own merchant number(s).
 ginger tea
Msg: 18
A Happy Result!!
Posted: 7/19/2005 8:17:30 PM
EHarmoney sucks big time!

I like POF, mostly the forums.
 ginger tea
Msg: 19
A Happy Result!!
Posted: 7/19/2005 8:24:30 PM
I read recently, that alot of these other dating sites, like EHarmony are loosing a lot of peole to POF! I hope POF is here to stay.
 TattoosAreAddictive
Msg: 20
A Happy Result!!
Posted: 7/21/2005 3:40:15 PM
I laughed so hard when I signed up for e-harmony. I spent 45 minutes filling out the questionaire thing and it couldn't find me a match!!! I wonder if the people in their ad's were paid to pretend to be together! I'm glad I didn't pay any money to use that site! POF rocks!
 TedJMill
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2005 1:00:03 PM
I did the eHarmony questionnaire and was told I was in the small percentage they couldn't match. They never said anywhere that it was specifically a conservative Christian dating site, though; I didn't find that out until later. It would have saved a lot of time if they did say that right at the beginning; I would have know it wasn't appropriate for me.
 designingwoman
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2006 4:14:31 PM
I wish I'd known that Eharmony was a conservative Christian (oxymoron!!) site because I would have stayed the heck away and saved my money. I am a liberal Democrat and progressive Christian who would not date a conservative in a million years. I tried it twice, with disastrous results.

I tried it only to find that my matches were religious fanatics. Some of them were also conservative Republicans. One was an anti abortion zealot. These things turn me off royally.

On the bright side I am very thankful for POF and my many wonderful new friends that I met through POF.
 WonkaBar
Msg: 23
Posted: 4/23/2006 6:29:07 PM
Hello, irony.

Last week I was talkin' to my oldest and dearest friend, and she told me I should try eHarmony, and that it worked out well for her. I told her "(friend's name), you are a beautiful Korean woman with a PhD on an INTERNET DATING SITE. Of COURSE it's gonna work out for you. I'm a guy. It don't quite work that way for us."

I kept trying to explain a typical man's dating site experience, and she just wasn't getting it. Oh, how worlds apart we can be sometimes.
 Metalkat65
Msg: 24
Posted: 4/23/2006 6:49:44 PM
wow, thanks for the warning, this site rocks, I tried lemontonic and I have lost count how many emails I sent to them to tell them to delete my profile I think I am up in the six or seven emails sent telling them to delete my account only to get another email telling me I have mail, while no money was spent it is aggravating!
 sassybbw1957
Msg: 25
Posted: 4/23/2006 7:01:08 PM
The same thing happend to me, i joined for the 7 day free trial, they auto billed my credit card which they shouldnt of, so on day three i decided to go ahead and cancel well i had to call them, put me on hold for 20 minuets then came a operator then she transfered me to a sales rep which put me back on hold i waited and waited then got disconnected, so i had to call back same thing happend, then i decided to email them on day 6 i got a reply sayin that i had to talk direct to a sales person in order to cancel it, ok so i called back, then finaly talked to a real person well come to find out you have to call them 24 hours prior to your 7th day which i did but because of some dang tech problem they said my time had expired and i was billed anyhow, but how nice of them they gave me 3 months for the price of one and then said even if i did get my money back it could take up to 6 months for my refund by then id forgot what it was for anyhow, theres always a gimmick or catch to any of the dating sites, after all is anything really free now days.
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > eHarmony...STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE!!!