Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > Microsoft Office Picture Manager: How do I get rid of it?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 driven2think
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Microsoft Office Picture Manager: How do I get rid of it?Page 1 of 1    
Somehow..... now when I go to "My Pictures", click on a group of pics & select one, my pic now comes up throught the MOPM.

How do I get it back so my pics don't go through that any more?????????????????

Any assistance is appreciated.
 Big_jw
Msg: 2
Microsoft Office Picture Manager: How do I get rid of it?
Posted: 11/28/2009 2:28:33 PM
It sounds like you have MOPM set as your default picture viewer.

Right click on any JPEG file and select 'open with' and then select 'choose default program'. You can now choose which picture viewer you want to be set as default whenever you open JPEG files (Make sure the tick box is checked) and click OK.

Hope this rectifies your problem.

Regards
JW.

RoadTrip3500
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2009 2:30:21 PM
If there's a specific program you wish to use to view images, just set the file associations to that program.

In XP:
1. Open Windows Explorer by right-clicking the Start button, and then click Explore.
2. Click a folder that contains a file of the type that you want Windows to open in a program that you select.
3. Right-click the file and, depending on the programs installed on your computer, complete one of the following steps:
* Click "Open With" to choose the program that you want.
* Point to "Open With", and then click "Choose Program" to choose the program that you want.
4. The "Open With" dialog box is displayed. Use one of the following methods to select the program that you want to use for this file type:
* In the Programs list, click the program that you want to use.
* Click "Browse", locate and then click the program that you want to use, and then click "Open".
* Click "Look for the appropriate program on the Web" to browse the Internet for the program that you want to use.
5. Click to select the "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" check box if it is not selected.
6. Click OK
 Entzauberung
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/28/2009 2:31:13 PM
You neglected to say what operating system you are using, but presume it to be Windows.

Try this, (there are soooo many ways to accomplish the same result).

Open "My Pictures" and right-click on a photo, and select "Properties" from the drop-down menu.
You should be presented with an option to change which program to use to open that file type (presumably a jpg file).
 /don
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/28/2009 2:47:30 PM
Select default program to open a file type:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307859

To uninstall an app:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307895
(might be under "add/remove windows components and features' in the side column")
Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > Microsoft Office Picture Manager: How do I get rid of it?