Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Why Do guys send naked pictures of themselves??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Solana Strr
Msg: 1
Why Do guys send naked pictures of themselves??Page 1 of 1    
Ok So I met this guy on the site and have not met him face to face.

I told him I like to meet in person to see how we click but he is out of town for a month.

So we exchange phone numbers...he calls...we talk for 2hrs on the phone..we have a lot in common and everything is cool. So we sent each other pictures to the phone. He sends me one in a towel and its hanging pretty low...so I text him back and said hmmmm....ok..but I'm not into that cause I haven't met you yet......

Then a week later he sends me an email of himself completely naked???? Now I'm hearing this is normal but not too me!. So I ignore him and he sends me a text asking me if I'd seen his email. Then I told him I thought it was disrespectful.yada yada and I don't here from him.....fine with me......

then today he emails me ands asks me if we can still meet when he comes back to town....

What is up with the naked picture?????? What is your take on it....

Jets455
Msg: 2
Why Do guys send naked pictures of themselves??
Posted: 11/29/2009 12:33:41 PM
Its usually because they have zero respect for themselves nor the person they are sending the pics to,So if you care about what you really want out of a love would that be the taste you want?
 indefatigabilis
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/29/2009 12:42:26 PM
It's because of how hard it is for them to get anyone else to send those pictures on their behalf. They get stuck doing it themselves. What they need is a publicist!
 Malley
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/29/2009 12:44:04 PM
You're sixty looking for a ltr with an under 50yr. old, so what was this man's age?

What is your take on it....

Perhaps he was being upfront and showing you his best asset?
 Solana Strr
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/29/2009 12:48:33 PM
He is 44 so it surprised me even more......
 1kindMan4U
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/29/2009 1:03:59 PM
He wants sex with you.

and possibly.. ONCE the act of sending a naked picture to a woman on a dating site GOT him laid

He took a chance. Seems his shot misfired.

Now.. if YOU continue to have ANY contact with him.. and in fact dont block him, then you WANTED IT to happen and your upset on here is fake.

Edit: I missed the 44 part. Makes all the more sense.. he ONLY wanted sex with you especially due to the age difference.

What are you doing pursuing/being pursued by these YOUNG men way out of your commonality zone anyway?
 fatuglyloser
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/29/2009 1:07:11 PM
I wonder if this guy had been a really hot looking dude if you would have been so offended...

Ugly dude sending naked pic = bad
hot dude with big schlong sending naked pic = fabulous
 MarvaJanuice
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/29/2009 1:30:41 PM
I wonder if this guy had been a really hot looking dude if you would have been so offended...

Ugly dude sending naked pic = bad
hot dude with big schlong sending naked pic = fabulous

Ive had this happen quite a few times. Its always very puzzling to me because we will have a pleasant conversation and then BOOM outta the blue a naked man pic.
What ARE they thinking?
Some are handsome younger men (23-35) and some are older (40-56) and I have to tell ya, age and size has nothing to do with experience and quality of goods.
It always shocks me to receive a pic like this. Im thinking here they are, taking a shower, or laying on the bed and it just kinda pops in their heads to take a pic and send it to me...I swear, its outta the blue.

Odd behaviour... are they thinking the woman will send one back?
 syreen
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2009 1:34:32 PM
what's wrong with being over 60 and having a preference for men under 50? what if the preference is only older men? or what if they will only date men the exact same age? having a preference for someone younger (which possibly translates into someone who can keep up) does not mean that nekked pics are being solicited.

as for the dude in question - just block him.
 jakeo_germany
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/29/2009 1:35:27 PM
I don't get the c*ck pics. I assume guys do it because it gets them laid occasionally, or else they would have given it up. At least he's made his goals clear.

I think alot of men don't understand that while men find the naked female form worthy of eternal study, adoration and desire ("once you've seen one naked woman...you want to see them all naked"), the feeling is not mutual.
 Chitownguy40
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/29/2009 1:35:56 PM
This is a classic difference between the male and female sense of propriety. If the world were full of nothing but men, this wouldn't be an issue. It isn't among gay men. However, what is surprising is this guy hasn't figured out that what men would regard as normal, women often regard as rude or forward or even threatening. I think there are only two possibilities: either this man has no social skills at all, or he is a pervert who knew sending a pic like that would disturb you, and enjoys that fact,
 JP1111
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2009 1:45:23 PM
Some guys tend to think that showing off some skin will be something she will react very well to... as WE do! Now of course, since he did send you a “feeler” picture and you reacted well by saying “mmmmmmm”, the tone was set. By saying what you said, unbeknown to you, you were giving him permission to take it even further.

Now that he has, you seemingly doing a 180 and telling him you don't like that will surely make him wonder why? All the “ya, only a bit of skin at first is okay” or, “you gotta take it slow” etc... should have been made clear right off the bat.

I can hear you now “but I didn't know he would take it this far”, NOW you understand the importance of setting and reacting to a tone as other people do.
 1kindMan4U
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/29/2009 1:46:37 PM
Syreen.. it's simple.. COMMONALITY.

OTHER than the older established man/younger financially-need/want-to-be-provided for scenario.. MOST other major age differences dont work.

Interesting you say "someone how can KEEP UP" Seems sexually based to me.

You women need to STOP going into a chinese restaurant seeking a hamburger, then complaining when you get chop suey with naked chopsticks. Get real.

A early-40-something guy GENERALLY does NOT look at a 60 yr old woman as life-mate material.. except for those overgrown BOYS with a mommy fixation.

Why would a reasonably attractive man with a prime of life sex drive NOT want a hot 25 to 35 yr old but instead want a matronly 60 yr old?

Oh.. with the 16 yr age difference.. she IS old enough to be his MOTHER
 Solana Strr
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/29/2009 1:54:29 PM
Well you are taking this to another level..... My question has nothing to do with age.....because age is JUST a number....and your take on it is why I don't date guys older cause of their attitudes...

My ex husband of 14 years was 24 years younger......so you have no clue....
 Solana Strr
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/29/2009 1:56:03 PM
Your answer is the only one that makes sense....Obiously know one knows what someone else' mind is like....just heard this is how it is now and just checking......
 bucsgirl
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2009 2:01:50 PM
I agree with jakeo_germany's post.

OP, I wouldn't put a lot of stock in it either way. He's the only one who knows the real reason, and it's unlikely he'd ever tell you. I think what you need to consider only is how you reacted to it. If it came across and inappropriate and crass to you, then don't expect that you'd feel differently about his behavior if you would ever want to meet him.

I'll share this with you, from one woman to another, it only happened to me once. I called him everything I could think of I was appalled. He apologized profusely (ugh...I KNOW) and for some reason I agreed to meet him. He didn't do anything like that again, it was just obvious that he didn't know how to "behave" (IN my opinion) around a woman at all. And it's not my obligation to school anyone, so I just take a pass.
 4gotnsoul
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/29/2009 2:05:39 PM
My take is.....why are u asking in such a way to ASK A GUY FORUM? Assuming most or all us guys are like that? My take is he wants to have sex and see u naked in a photo.....pretty simple math isn't it?
 1kindMan4U
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/29/2009 2:25:52 PM
Yeah.. an EX husband. Fascinating how that all worked out.
 That Handy Man
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/29/2009 2:27:35 PM
You simply have to excuse them! So many guys just don't have a clue, about what sparks attraction in women! They THINK it's similar to what men like!
 indefatigabilis
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/29/2009 2:32:23 PM
Single men have laundry pile up. They have nothing left to wear, and are desperate for a girlfriend to come wash their clothes. That picture proves they are indeed single. You are the one reading something sexual into it, hussy woman.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Why Do guys send naked pictures of themselves??