Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > what do ladies do when a guy calls her crazy?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 toalhif
Msg: 1
view profile
History
what do ladies do when a guy calls her crazy?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I'm sure most of the ladies out there have experienced a man calling them crazy or a**** **** and other assorted immature, completely disrespectful monikers. This brand of name calling would most likely follow some sort of action or betrayal which caused you to act out emotionally. It's easy for a man to call you crazy after you act out from having your heart broken by being ignored, treated and talked to like shit, lied to ****ed around on.. etc. This alleviates him from responsibility for his actions because you are "crazy". It's human nature for a person to want answers from someone who has broken their heart. However if a man has played with your mind and emotions to the point where you are over the edge emotionally, you need nothing more from this man. Turn, walk away and let it go. Any man who would disrespect you with this type of behavior to alleviate responsibility for his actions is not worth your time and energy. Name calling is verbal abuse and you can expect worse if you decide to stay in a relationship like this. A man who is mature, caring and respectful would NEVER resort to name calling.
 m_church
Msg: 2
view profile
History
what do ladies do when a guy calls her crazy?
Posted: 11/30/2009 7:49:10 AM
Usually, when I've told a woman she was crazy, they get mad.... then they gather their things, put on the tinfoil hat, collect their mystical stones and invisible friends and leave.... usually hurling insults and singing "La la la la la".....
 ~Hello~
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/30/2009 7:54:06 AM

Usually, when I've told a woman she was crazy, they get mad.... then they gather their things, put on the tinfoil hat, collect their mystical stones and invisible friends and leave.... usually hurling insults and singing "La la la la la".....

I did NOT!!! I don't even know the words to "La la la la la" ..
 Savona
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/30/2009 7:55:56 AM

It's easy for a man to call you crazy after you act out from having your heart broken by being ignored, treated and talked to like shit, lied to ****ed around on.. etc.

To accept being treated like this IS crazy. So he treats you like crap and then you start shouting and carrying on by screaming over and over ...

Hey you nasty mother **** why do you treat me like shit, why do you ignore me, you are an azzhole you are a piece of shiit ... so you know what shiit you are and bla bla bla ... I'm the best thing that ever happened to you and you treat me like shiit ... OP do you see how this might sound?

Now I am not saying you acted like this ... just a guess is all.

Crazy to accept being treated like this, crazy to stay and crazy to confront this person. Me he could kiss my azz as I am out the door on the first ""treating me like shiit""

Perhaps OP you should question why you accepted this behaviour and why you wanted to stick around. Probably he was like this all along, or like this with women before you. You stuck with it and maybe you are not crazy but sticking IS crazy.

Savona
 cherylbarnes
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/30/2009 7:56:00 AM

What do ladies do when a guy calls her crazy?

Go ahead and back that up for him.
 Gina-Gina74
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/30/2009 7:57:14 AM
easy answer - . That really gets to them.
 toalhif
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2009 7:57:14 AM
Now, I believe you are really funny. But what do you feel about this: "

You are a self centered and toxic. You are a hurtful woman who must attack the people around you.
I remember a time when you were being negative about your daughter and I asked you to say something positive about your daughter or your relationship with her. All you could do is continue to say negative things.
How many people do you know what to be around negative people.
I hope you get the professional help you need and then you may be able to have a successful relationship with others.
Just as a person needs professional help for a medical problem, a person needs professional help for mental health problems.
Hopefully, you'll look at your interactions with others and realize how toxic they have been. I don't know how many stories you told me about the bad working relations you had over the years and how mean you were towards the other person.

I urge you to get the help you need."

This is in my opinion very abusive and hurtful. You made a joke of this kind of talk to a lady.
 Gina-Gina74
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/30/2009 8:00:02 AM
Standard response when a guy cannot have his way or does not like the response, so they go on the attack. What does that tell one, he just displayed his true colors.
 anunu
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2009 8:01:05 AM
Learn how to keep your emotions wrapped up.
Why prove to this person that you are in fact "crazy"
Why entertain them?

If someone is treating you with disrespect in the first place, why are you still catering to them?
 *mandrake*
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/30/2009 8:01:17 AM
If a guy calls you crazy, that is on HIM, not on you! Something in your reaction/response triggered something in him, that HE associates with his definition of crazy! .............OR, it may just be an anger slang that means squat! Either way, it's not yours to own or wear!...........unless you CHOOSE to!
 toalhif
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2009 8:07:08 AM
You know gina-gina74, you hit the nail on the head. It all started because he wanted a sail boat and I did not want one. The battle started and the relationship was over. Over a month an half passed and then came the papers about me being negative and crazy. so, the question was what do I do about a man calling me crazy because he did not get his way?
 bipolarintense
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/30/2009 8:12:32 AM
I learned long ago never to call a woman crazy because it invariably resulted in me being stabbed with a nail file. After that I learned that the accuracy of a woman's throwing arm increased with nastiness of the name I called her. "Stupid bitch always resulted in my being hospitalised.

For the situation your describing "crazy" or some other name is the only response he can come up with because he has no defense for the actions you described.

It's human nature for a person to want answers from someone who has broken their heart
It is also human nature to blame it on the person wronged like maybe calling them crazy for thinking that being unfaithful is abnormal.
 ~rain~
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2009 8:15:03 AM
I agree mandrake!!

It doesnt matter what anyone calls you, Its what you answer to that counts
 chameleonf
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2009 8:17:12 AM

You are a self centered and toxic. You are a hurtful woman who must attack the people around you.
I remember a time when you were being negative about your daughter and I asked you to say something positive about your daughter or your relationship with her. All you could do is continue to say negative things.
How many people do you know what to be around negative people.
I hope you get the professional help you need and then you may be able to have a successful relationship with others.
Just as a person needs professional help for a medical problem, a person needs professional help for mental health problems.
Hopefully, you'll look at your interactions with others and realize how toxic they have been. I don't know how many stories you told me about the bad working relations you had over the years and how mean you were towards the other person.

I urge you to get the help you need"

This doesn't mean the person is crazy...it means the person has obviously displayed a negative personality - and some people would benefit from help to overcome seeing the dark side of all things.

Now if it's just a diffrence of opinion about a sailboat and that's the only negativity ever displayed, I'd say pot meet kettle and be glad the guy's gone.
 cherylbarnes
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/30/2009 8:23:07 AM

This is in my opinion very abusive and hurtful. You made a joke of this kind of talk to a lady.

You asked what *I* would do and that is my honest answer. If someone wants to talk to me like that, I'll give him something to talk about. But I don't allow those kind of people in my life. Generally there are earlier indicators that a man will act this way.

I am sorry for your pain and if you feel that I've made a joke of it.
 KnotUrFuturex
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/30/2009 8:44:37 AM
Me thinks somebody FINALLY got her azz kicked out of the beauty shop...... because they were tired of somebody always spilling dirty laundry about everybody else in the town, including her boyfriend...... revealing personal information, including letters written to her.... because she has absolutely NO sense of class or respect.... and is always trying to WIN and be RIGHT, telling only her side of a story while conveniently leaving out any of the REAL details of her actual involvement.... And everytime she walks down the street, everybody scatters, knowing that the vindictive TOWN GOSSIP is headed her way..... She finally found a place where she can wield her "hell hath no fury"....where she can manipulate facts to people who don't REALLY KNOW her, so she can get enough "women", all who share her "get rid of him" opinions to justify her warped sense of self righteousness in order to feel better about herself....

Your revealing of the letter he wrote you to people even YOU don't know......... tells me ALL I need to know about YOU.......

He's right..... you ARE a crazy woman. I shudder to think what happened behind closed doors....

You should be ashamed......
 Fi Fi Foncho
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/30/2009 8:47:41 AM
Is this guy the only one who accuses you of being crazy, or is it an observation made by others?

If one person tells you that you crazy, you're probably not. If many people say you're crazy, you may want to look into it.

The fact that you let it get under your skin so deeply suggests that you may think on some level that there is fact in it. Look it as a favour, really. Now you know what to do.
 soxfan64
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/30/2009 9:00:59 AM

However if a man has played with your mind and emotions to the point where you are over the edge emotionally, you need nothing more from this man. Turn, walk away and let it go.

If you were to take your own advice this thread would not be needed. So instead of posting why don't you "Turn, walk away and let it go"?
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/30/2009 9:07:44 AM
I smile coldly and quietly say, "Whatever you say, you're the man." Then he starts looking very nervous and backs away, slowly.

===========
Also, "crazy" reactions very rarely take place in a vacuum. As many women have confirmed anecdotedly, men do things on seemingly on purpose to press this issue, and when the woman finally reacts, he calls her "crazy". I haven't ever been called that, but I DID have a BF who woke me up one morning by poking me (with his finger). I said, laughing, Stop it! He did it again; no laugh, annoyed Stop it! He did it again. WTF?! Stop it! HE DID IT AGAIN!!! I yelled at him What the f is up with you you asswipe?

His answer?
"You really need to get your temper under control."
 toalhif
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2009 9:11:43 AM
to Fi Fi :Yes, to my knowledge...he is the only one. And I do understand what you are suggesting and if that were the case I would agree.

The response to M church was what I referred to about joking.
 maesbaby63
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/30/2009 9:16:25 AM
One guy told me that quite awhile back but not too long ago he said he was sorry and that he knew I wasn't he just said it because he was mad. We talk now and then and get along great now as friends.

I think a lot of people use that word way too much and out of context and I also think they know women don't like to be called that so they do it to push your buttons.

Next time someone calls you that tell them " okay, you think I'm crazy let me show you what crazy really is.", then walk out on their stupid azz and don't look back.
 whenwillthiswork26
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2009 9:16:27 AM
They lie and cheat on you, you find out and react normally to such a betrayal,
and they call you crazy.

Had it happen twice with two different scumbags. That way they did nothing
wrong and it's all because you are crazy. Also, they are upset that they were
found out and their fun is over.

I never screamed yelled or cursed at them either. I just calmly told them I was
aware of what they did. I had the pictures from the parties and everything.
 cherylbarnes
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/30/2009 9:21:21 AM
Actually, you might read the book "Communication Miracles for Couples". It has a chapter about men using hurtful words to gain the upper hand in an argument. They generally do this when they are cornered. Men aren't as good at arguing as women are because women are more detail oriented. The book also talks about everyone having a positive intention - even if that is just to raise his own self esteem by taking some of yours.
 Gina-Gina74
Msg: 24
Posted: 11/30/2009 9:23:54 AM
toalhif

clarify sometihng for me when you said

You know gina-gina74, you hit the nail on the head. It all started because he wanted a sail boat and I did not want one. The battle started and the relationship was over. Over a month an half passed and then came the papers about me being negative and crazy. so, the question was what do I do about a man calling me crazy because he did not get his way
 BrightestRainbow
Msg: 25
Posted: 11/30/2009 9:30:16 AM

I'm sure most of the ladies out there have experienced a man calling them crazy or a**** **** and other assorted immature, completely disrespectful monikers. This brand of name calling would most likely follow some sort of action or betrayal which caused you to act out emotionally. It's easy for a man to call you crazy after you act out from having your heart broken by being ignored, treated and talked to like shit, lied to ****ed around on.. etc. This alleviates him from responsibility for his actions because you are "crazy". It's human nature for a person to want answers from someone who has broken their heart. However if a man has played with your mind and emotions to the point where you are over the edge emotionally, you need nothing more from this man. Turn, walk away and let it go. Any man who would disrespect you with this type of behavior to alleviate responsibility for his actions is not worth your time and energy. Name calling is verbal abuse and you can expect worse if you decide to stay in a relationship like this. A man who is mature, caring and respectful would NEVER resort to name calling.

No one "causes" you to do anything. You have a choice.

How you react says something about you. There's a saying, "two wrongs don't make a right" If you aren't happy, then leave. But it appears you weren't happy for a while, stayed, and suddenly felt betrayed because you stayed?

If someone treats you like crap, you brought them into your life and you accepted them into your life. What does it say about you to do that?

A broken heart doesn't excuse accountability.

A mature, caring and respectful person would own their choices. They wouldn't rationalize their negative behavior because someone else did something to them first. They would accept that negative people in their life is something they can control and remove if they simply wanted to do it.

I would certainly be considered crazy if I decided to take zero responsibility for my dating life.

No offense, grow up. Really, grow up.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > what do ladies do when a guy calls her crazy?