Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What Makes A Guy Unapproachable?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 hmoose
Msg: 1
What Makes A Guy Unapproachable?Page 1 of 1    
If you were to see an attractive guy in the market, at the gym, or out with friends, what would disqualify him from being approached by you?
Is there a 'type' of guys, or something more specific?
 Aisfor_Amanda
Msg: 2
What Makes A Guy Unapproachable?
Posted: 12/6/2009 6:29:09 PM

His smell. The look on his face. His attitude. His shoes.
 Wiyan
Msg: 3
Posted: 12/6/2009 6:56:07 PM
seeing him talking to another female in very close physical proximity to himself-I would assume they are 'together'-other than that seeing him drinking or being loud and obnoxious like he had been, or hearing him swearing. Those things would be turnoffs. As far as me doing the 'approaching' though, I usually defer to the guy to approach me. This way I know I'm not hitting on someone else's man ;)
 artist_48
Msg: 4
Posted: 12/6/2009 7:01:44 PM
Simply the lack of what makes people approachable.
Acting as though he's disinterested, acting cold or distant/
unsociable. I agree with the comment about attitude.
It's pretty safe to say that you can tell if they have interest or not,
simply thru body language.
 MarvaJanuice
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/6/2009 7:02:16 PM
UNapproachable?
. a wedding ring
. loud rude behaviour
. drunkeness
. dirty fingernails
. no eye contact
. no smile

What DOES make him approachable?

. smiling, clean teeth
. friendly open demeanor
. laid back self confidence
. eye contact
. clean clothes
. clean smell
 ManicMelanie
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2009 8:06:09 PM
UNapproachable: arrogance, coc*iness, bad attitude, unkemp appearance (casual is good, just not needing a shower, unless, obviously he has an outdoor job like a construction worker, etc. and clearly just off from work), obese, poor posture, rude...

APPROACHABLE: confident, considerate, casually dressed (suit and tie is usually intimidating unless its at a function where everyone is somewhat dressed up, then its fine), friendly, looking around/observant, glances my direction/makes brief eye contact...

*lilacwine*
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2009 8:11:42 PM
A****, aloof, arrogant, "I'm God's gift to women" attitude. You don't even hve to talk to them to see it. I can pick them out here, just by looking at the picture.
 *lilacwine*
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2009 8:13:00 PM
^^^^Oh, brother! That was supposed to say, "A c*cky, alloof arrogant..." I can't believe they blocked it out.
 *lilacwine*
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2009 8:14:34 PM
Also claling me "sweetheart", "honey", "babe", or referring to me as a "gal" like an old fart.
 Phizz19
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/6/2009 8:34:51 PM
Hey this probably isnt gonna help you much but just to say it might not be anything to do with the guy...yeah we all have types but for me i dont go up to guys..especially attractive ones...cos i dont feel like theyd want me to!
but in answer to your question...if he didnt look over at all, or smile then no i wouldnt go over.
 Ironica
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/6/2009 8:49:18 PM
Somewhere I read a tidbit about typical human flirtatious behavior. It goes something like this:

I see a man I find attractive.
I look until he looks at me... I quickly look away.
I wait to see if he "follows me".

I used to think I just had some weird shy thing going on around sexy men, until I read this. Then I realized, I'm not a disfunctional flirt at all... I'm rather good at it. This model anyway.

I don't approach men, no matter how attractive I find them. The few times in my life I have tried, it was not pretty. Not pretty at all.

~Ironica
 WesternWildRose
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2009 10:14:05 PM
....gosh....let me think.....

well... a devilish grin....direct eye contact at the same time..... makes my knees go weak

....if he has an adorable accent.... ....^^^ knees again.... I've got a think for Aussie accents... even French accents at times..... some Southerners... that first line when they approach you.

'hello Darlin''..... oh ya!....

a great smile.... a really happy smile... you got to know he has it happening if he looks that content.
 thefishwhisperer
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/7/2009 4:35:14 AM
Good health, good looks, and $$$$$$$$$$$$.....and not necessarily in that order. Oh yeah it also helps if your an Alpha Male a hole type, they are uncontrollably attracted to alphas, they won't admit it but the proof is in the pudding. How many times have you heard" My last boyfriend was such a jerk!" from these women. Uhhh, yeah...you only date jerks, they turn you on with their confidence.

It's not rocket science, geez, come on guy.
 Eldrida
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2009 4:43:16 AM
The expression on his face. If he's not smiling or at least has a pleasant "neutral face" that's a big red flag not to approach.
 thefishwhisperer
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/7/2009 4:46:41 AM
There you go! lol .A facial expression is all it takes to get prejudged and be filed away forever, you gotta love it. Maybe the guy had a bad day, maybe his dog died...
 Eldrida
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2009 4:57:42 AM
If a guy's had a bad day or his dog died, he probably doesn't want to be approached by a strange woman. A guy having a bad day is normal, but not attractive or approachable.
 WesternWildRose
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2009 6:50:17 AM
OH GOSH OH MY!!!.... I was so tired...very very long day at work.....read this post wrong...UNapproachable.....hmmm....

grumpy face....dishellved look about him....dirty clothes....like he doesn't care about his appearance at all....ohh...ya...yuck. Loud, brash men need not apply either.

I still stand about what I did post previously about what I think is approachable.
 brown_eyed_woman
Msg: 18
Posted: 12/7/2009 6:54:17 AM
Basically an aura of friendliness. he looks open and ready for conversation, not face stuck into a book, or Ipod...he is smiling and making eye contact with the rest of the room, including me.

If someone is walking around scowling because thier dog died (or whatever) Im sure the last thing on thier mind is if a woman will approach, keep it real folks!
 *lilacwine*
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2009 7:59:30 AM

Good health, good looks, and $$$$$$$$$$$$.....and not necessarily in that order. Oh yeah it also helps if your an Alpha Male a hole type

This may turn you on, Blue Knight, but I think he was asking the women.
 Sabrosura089
Msg: 20
Posted: 12/7/2009 8:15:39 AM
Good health, good looks, and $$$$$$$$$$$$.....and not necessarily in that order. Oh yeah it also helps if your an Alpha Male a hole type, they are uncontrollably attracted to alphas, they won't admit it but the proof is in the pudding. How many times have you heard" My last boyfriend was such a jerk!" from these women. Uhhh, yeah...you only date jerks, they turn you on with their confidence.

It's not rocket science, geez, come on guy.

If "good health", "good looks", and "money" make a guy UNAPPROACHABLE then there is something seriously wrong. Or is it your reading comprehension skills?

OP: Unapproachable; sour-puss, arrogant, c*cky, loud/obnoxious, hostile, impatient and rude.
 ProcolHarem
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2009 9:00:24 AM
Typically it's just being a guy.
Personally, I believe that most women will not approach a man in the first place.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What Makes A Guy Unapproachable?