Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > I had 3 drinks, she had 7      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WinstonDoubtfire
Msg: 1
view profile
History
I had 3 drinks, she had 7Page 1 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
So I went out on a blind date yesterday.
(It was a friend of my best friends girlfriend) We're both NY Giants fans, as well as NY Yankee fans, so I figured that would be the ideal icebreakers. Mind you, it wasn't going to be anything fancy, just meet up at a local sports bar, have a drink and root for our team. First impression: she's cute, short (5'1") and thick, not bad...little did I know she was a massive drunk, lol.
So we're sitting at a table, chatting up a storm...I'm on beer 1, she's already on 2 and calling me a lightweight (I'm like, easy there killer...it's 4:30 on a sunday afternoon)
Anyway, we have some barfood, and contiue talking about the yankees, giants, life experiences...etc...here comes beer 2 for me, 4 for her. She's got a little buzz goin on, and I'm making fun of her saying "you're gonna fall off your stool!" (which she almost did twice)
It's the 2nd half, and the Gmen are making some plays, and the whole place is erupting. I'm on my third drink, and don't want to get fershnickered, but this gal is hell bent on getting hammered. She POUNDS her 6th beer, lets out an under-the-breath burp, and heads off to the bathroom for a tinkle. People I know there are like 'ohhh sh-bro, your girl is getting wasted! gonna have fun later!' I'm like, yeah...probably not.
She comes back and sits on my lap. I'm thinking 'uhhhh, oh boy...this girl is drunk and is gonna feel silly tomorrow' She starts kissing me, and I kiss back a little, but I know she's drunk and don't want to take advantage of it...and drunk at 6:30 pm isn't a turn on.
She has one more for the road, even though I told her she'd regret it in the morning, and we leave the joint. I have to practically carry her to her car. It's 7:45pm and I tell her I'm gonna either drive you home, or someone's gotta come get ya, so I call my buddy and tell him to get his girl to pick her friend up because she's wasted. She agrees to and this chick comes jumping out of the car and is pushing up on me so to speak, and kissing me and I'm trying to be a gentleman here and not 'follow through' lol. Good thing too, because just as my buddies girl pulls in, this gal bends over and yacks a nice pile of bile all over the lot.
My friends girl apologizes and hopes I didn't get a bad impression...I told her it wasn't the sexiest experience ever, but maybe I'll give her a call in a day or so after she sobers up. JAFO. (just another facking observation..I hope you enjoyed my experience as much as I did)

And how would you guys and gals deal with the same scenario? Would you follow up with a call, a 2nd date, or put them off as an alchy and cut all ties?
 tzigane
Msg: 2
I had 3 drinks, she had 7
Posted: 12/7/2009 6:44:46 AM
I think when someone throws up, almost on your shoes, I'd call it a night, and a day too. I still haven't gotten past the under the breath burp...were you not completely grossed out at this point? In any case if you want to call her, see if she's up for something non-alcohol related to check to see if she's an alcoholic or not. Or, since you are feeling so many red flags you could let her go on her boozy way (this is seriously what I would do).

-Tzigane
 Vannili
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2009 6:46:51 AM
Heh,heh,heh, handsome you have been taken advantage of the FREE Beer.Geesh! The girl drinks like there is no tomorrow, I don't blame the girl, free drinks/food don't come easy now adays..................

WinstonDoubtfire
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2009 6:52:49 AM
Forgot to mention we split the bill...I don't have a money tree. lol.

The under the breath burp, as unlady-like as it were, ehhh...it's a natural bodily function. If it were a big ol' manly BURRRRRRP! then I might have called it a night on the spot.

Thanks for the observations ladies.
 myrgth
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2009 6:54:04 AM
How old is this girl? Geez.

I would be calling my best friend ASAP and asking WTF they were thinking setting me up with a slutty alcoholic. Heh.

I would have possibly, maybe attributed it to nervousness until she called you a lightweight. Obviously she thinks drinking in moderation is something to be scoffed at.

I mean, if you wanna nail her then sure.. give her a call. Why else would you call her? Nothing you described was appealing in terms of connecting with another person and potentially starting a friendship.
 MsStackhouse
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/7/2009 7:00:03 AM
lol - I did this the other night myself - so who am I to judge

I drank too much because I was nervous...the guy turned out to be better looking then I expected so I had a few too many to combat my jitters

Although I didn't puke in the parking lot - I waited until I got home
 sunrayme
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/7/2009 7:03:26 AM
if I was a man I wouldn't like to engage in certain type of activities with someone who can easily throw out .
 pnut mnms
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/7/2009 7:03:54 AM
There would be NO follow-up call or future interest if a guy pulled this alcoholic crap with me.

You're welcome to call her back if you'd like but imagine how extra "comfortable" she will be the next time you go out if she had no qualms about knocking them back like an underaged frat boy on Date #1.
 WinstonDoubtfire
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2009 7:23:15 AM
Interesting. I just received a text message from her stating:

"Hey, I hope I didn't scare you off...I'm not a drunk, I was really nervous and feel like I put my foot in my mouth yesterday."

*looks around* *hides*

LOL...does this gal come into the forums or something?
 MsStackhouse
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/7/2009 7:25:41 AM

"Hey, I hope I didn't scare you off...I'm not a drunk, I was really nervous and feel like I put my foot in my mouth yesterday.".

Maybe you should give her another chance - in a setting that doesn't include alchohol, and see how things go?
 WinstonDoubtfire
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2009 7:32:58 AM

Maybe you should give her another chance - in a setting that doesn't include alchohol, and see how things go?

That's a good idea. I know she likes the MET and I know a nice cafe in the Village, so maybe a trip into the city is in order. (Plus I personally want to check out The Art of the Samurai they're displaying now.)
 MsStackhouse
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/7/2009 7:36:15 AM

That's a good idea. I know she likes the MET and I know a nice cafe in the Village, so maybe a trip into the city is in order. (Plus I personally want to check out The Art of the Samurai they're displaying now.)

Good for you! I think it shows that you have good charachter to give her another chance...I think after that you should have a better idea of her personality
 ***Tee***
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/7/2009 7:36:22 AM
Meh...she was slow. I had a date that pounded back 6 scotches in an hour. Definitely a turn off and there was no second date.
I can understand being nervous, and having a drink to relax but why drink until you're sick?

If you were attracted to her and felt there was some chemistry, give her a second chance..good luck!
 Write Time
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2009 7:53:49 AM
Look at it this way: if this is how she makes a 1st impression, what happens when she starts to feel comfortable with you?

Seriously, the woman seems to have some issues that need to be dealt with, and any way you can reinforce that message -- do!
 Chirpingheart2
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2009 7:59:02 AM
Ahhhh poor baby. Maybe she was just nervous. Thanks for giving her another chance. We've probably all done things that we regret but most of the time. there's no 2nd chance. Who knows? She may turn out to be the woman of your dreams :)
 MsStackhouse
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/7/2009 8:07:17 AM

Seriously, the woman seems to have some issues that need to be dealt with,.

I don't think so at all...because the only issue I had was that I hadn't been on a date in months, I was nervous and didn't eat lunch that day - so the booze hit me quicker then usual.
 Warped_Humour
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/7/2009 8:09:11 AM
I just snarfed all over the place at this story and then when I read your profile. If I was a Giants fan, lived in Jersey and was single, I would be trying to snag you up for sure!!!! About the kisses, yeah.....the only thing I have a big ego about is my kisses. I guess the day I get told I am not the best kisser the man has had, I will stop thinking that. :)

Anyway back to your actual question. And after seeing her text. I really just chalk it up to nerves and she was maybe trying to "impress" you with the wrong avenue. I have done it. To be honest, I thought I was reading one of my mid 20's dating stories. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I can pound em down when it comes to beers. When I used to do beer bongs I did 6 at one time in under a minute. Those days are long behind but yeah, I was a boozer.

So anyway, I would give it another chance. Unless something really crude or crazy happens on a first date, I am willing to try anything twice. So when you call her, make sure you just let her know that you would like to try your date sober this time. I am sure you can do that without offending her. She already knows she made an OOPER. She clearly already feels bad and guilty.

Cheers and best of luck to you! You really made my Monday with your story.
Maleta
 honeyangel1985
Msg: 18
Posted: 12/7/2009 8:15:38 AM
If I was out with someone and they drank themselves silly I'd be out of there pretty fast. Such negative behavior is very irresponsible. Her behaviour gave you some insight into her character.

I noticed you mentioned she was thick and not bad. What does her weight have anything to do with the situation? I just thought your comment was shallow and unnecessary.
 bluesandrock
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/7/2009 8:16:55 AM
I agree with the others saying if the only thing that turned you off was her drinking give it a second chance somewhere that does not involve drinking and see how it goes. Everyone is so quick to judge and ignore the fact we are all human and make mistakes.
 GeneralizingNow
Msg: 20
Posted: 12/7/2009 8:39:18 AM
Well, I've been nervous before, but didn't drink myself into a puke! But if you think she was nice, you should try again--to much drinking the second time, fageddaboudit. It can be a cute story you tell your grandkids, "Did I ever tell you about how grandma puked on me on our first date?"
 WinstonDoubtfire
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2009 8:40:22 AM

I noticed you mentioned she was thick and not bad. What does her weight have anything to do with the situation? I just thought your comment was shallow and unnecessary.

I worded it incorrectly...I don't mean 'thick not fat which isn't bad', I meant she was 'thick and overall not bad looking at all'. I wasn't trying to be derogatory in any way.

Thank you all for the words of wisdom.

WinstonDoubtfire
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2009 8:59:11 AM

If I was a Giants fan, lived in Jersey and was single, I would be trying to snag you up for sure!!!! About the kisses, yeah.....the only thing I have a big ego about is my kisses. I guess the day I get told I am not the best kisser the man has had, I will stop thinking that. :)

That's sweet. :)
HAHAHA! Vikings fan...we'd be at each others throats.
 nexthyme
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2009 9:14:08 AM
Ohhh dude I don't know.... I would think by the age of 30 plus she would be past the stage of getting so nervous because the guys so hot, and and yeah...

Unless you walk on water, you are human, hotter version than some of your competition, still human...

I guess it seems extremely sad that she'd smack 7 beers back, climb on you like you were a lap pole, then yak in the parking lot... That would have been a nightmare date to me no matter how cute, and no calls back, just a text saying "thanks for the interesting time."

May sound harsh, but dang by the 30's it would seem she had this dating thing just a little more figured out... Was she married for like that last 15 or 20 yrs??? I could see that causing brain damage dating habits...

If you are up to things, and want to see her hurl the other half of her liver up, go for it. Perhaps she isn't a raging drunk....
 honeyangel1985
Msg: 24
Posted: 12/7/2009 9:23:04 AM
OP, that's the same as saying she was fat.

Judging the worth of a woman by her weight is just nasty.
 James Blonde 007
Msg: 25
Posted: 12/7/2009 9:37:47 AM
maybe he was trying to say she was not an intellect!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > I had 3 drinks, she had 7