Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Montreal Canadiens fans page      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 homegrown27
Msg: 1
Montreal Canadiens fans pagePage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Hello I am a long time fan of the Montreal Canadiens, I was just wondering if their were any other die hard fans like myself?
Also what do you think there chances of post season success at this point in time? or if they have a chance of making it to the Stanley Cup..

Personally I think they definately have a good enough team, they just need everyone healthy and more time to gel together, it seems right now like only there first line with plekanec and Cammilari are producing.. Finally got Markov back which is huge!

Your opinions? and thoughts
 homegrown27
Msg: 2
Montreal Canadiens fans page
Posted: 12/21/2009 7:02:27 PM
Come on, there has to be some fans here
 voyager53
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2009 3:18:36 AM
Count me in.
I watched a couple of ice hockey games at the rink where I am learning to skate and was instantly hooked.

I had a look at the NHL, and decided that as our local season is in the Northern summer I should follow a team over there. The on field-violence is of an even better quality than Rugby League too! Lol!!

Why the Canadiens? Well I figured that it made sense to pick a team with Canada in the name, and I loved France when I was there a few years ago , so seemed like the logical choice.

I have to watch on the internet as there is no TV coverage of any sort in Oz, so what is the current state of the team at the moment? Has the new coach had any impact?
 homegrown27
Msg: 4
Posted: 12/22/2009 3:42:29 AM
Well right now the Canadiens I believe are slightly below 500, and the new coach hasn't had a huge impact.

The thing is when you look up and down the Canadiens roster, I dont care what anyone says, they have one of the best lineups, I mean the names go on and on with talent, they have 2 solid goaltenders, in the past they lacked size and got pushed around alot, well now they have a bigger team, and a tougher team, they had enough good defenseman to make a run for the playoffs, They just havent fully gelled together, but the season is still young.
 TorroRosso91
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2009 4:01:39 PM
I'm a Penguins fan first and foremost But I'm also a fan of all 30 teams really. I do like the way the Habs play and I'd really like to see such a storied franchise play like I know they can.
Plus, my favorite player is on your team. Big George Laraque!!
 Nikkilove
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2009 9:22:48 PM
Huge Hockey Fan! Work for the LA Kings...which are doing amazing this year!
Also fan of the Red Wings and Ducks...live in CA..and also I have lived in MI and Canada where hockey is everywhere. My father is the Commisioner of all minor league hockey in CA...and three of my brothers play. My Mother also does SCAHA and CAHA scholarship funding through the Ducks and the Kings...so hockey is my life and I can't complain.

Hockey is the one sport I can honestly say I never get bored with..how could you ? It's a unpredictable, suspensful and such thrilling game and can't get enough of it!

Great sport if you dont know much about..deffentaly something worth looking into too!

Kings next game is 12/28 vs. the Minn. Wild...and they play the Wash. Caps on 1/2...
 Husker Freak
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2009 6:27:23 PM
I saw the ceremony they had for their 100 year anniversary as an NHL team. Lot of electricity in the venue that evening.
 ratherBgolfing
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/27/2009 9:09:57 PM
^^^^
Which one?
They've been celebrating that for the last YEAR!
And I hear there's one more to come: The 100th anniversary of the first game they ever played is January 5th. Nothing like dragging one event out to ridiculous proportions.
 FISHGOLF
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/31/2009 2:59:47 PM
Husker, I also watched that.
I thought it was terrific when they brought out Gordie Howe and the Habs veterans.

I got to see the Rocket and Howe play.
I'm from Chicago and began going to see the Hawks at the Stadium in the 1940s.
I played and absolutely love the game more than any other sport except women.

The Hawks play NJ tongiht and I'll be right there in my season ticket seat watching.
My season ticket is front row couch.
 HabsMike36
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/3/2010 4:14:51 AM
I am also a huge Montreal Canadiens fan myself considering this is supposely Leaf nation. I have been a Habs fan most of my life. Good news is there are a few Habs fans where I work at so it isn't all bad for me. Mike Cammalerri has been their best signing which I believe he can hit 40 goals this season. Markov has been a huge difference maker for the Habs since returning from injury. For the Habs to go 6-1 on the road trip is great. Let's see how good the Habs can be when they are healthy which they have been hit with injuries.
 elitemind
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/3/2010 10:45:30 PM
Habsmike,

Good to see fellow Habs fans, I must agree Mike Cammalerri has been Excellent,and what a year for plekanec.
My concern right now is that they learn to gel together a little more, and that they get more than that first line scoring.
They can be very streaky (win3, lose 2,win 2,lose3 ) But as of late they have been on a tear and I love it, and you're right they have been slammed with injuries, but really thats common with any team.

I would like to see their defense get a little better just because I think they allow to many shots on goal, I believe they're 3rd in the Nhl or at least in the East with Shots against per game.

Halak =Unreal
Price=Will come around

Another thing I love about this year's team is they added so much more size.
Gill,Mara,Moen,Poulliet,Paxcoriety, and I'm probably missing a few others and probably misspelled the last name..lol

Anyways GO HABS GO!

I will be attending the Ahl allstar game, should be a great time.
 Crooked I
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/4/2010 9:12:25 PM
LOL HABS SUCK HAHA
 p1sces
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2010 10:41:33 PM
they just try to out due the leafs. it's a constant useless battle between the 2. i have a ttc subway story that would make you laugh, canadiens fans are ****ed up, literally lol. i respect the organization for it's success but the fans are just ridiculous. at least leaf fans are respectable, when would leaf fans or other Canadian teams boo the U.S national anthem? lol, canadiens.....
 elitemind
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/7/2010 5:12:42 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ok, I usually wont argue with someone who comes off as uneducated and ignorant, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

Saying Montreal vs Toronto is a useless battle is one of the most ridiculous things I've read on these forums, they are among the top rivalries not only in sports, but especially in hockey, than you said they constantly try to out do each other? I mean Duh could it be due to it being a professional sport? and last time I checked professional sports revolved around competition.

Also lump every Habs fan into one category, and than say the Leafs are at least more respetful Unbelievable.

I will be the first to admit I dont like the attitude and disrespect from alot of habs fan who whine to much, or that boo the National Anthem, but that doesn't account for all of them.

And to act is if Toronto is much better is an assanine thing to say kid.

I will say Toronto has some talent and they play hard they never give up, I respect them very much, but you really should think before you speak.
 p1sces
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2010 10:03:59 AM
I didn't mean the battle of organization. I didn't word my self properly, i'm talking strictly of the fans. Come on man, do you go to the habs vs leaf games? What about all the videos of hab fans burning other team logos and starting fights in other teams arenas. Don't try to tell me you can't account all hab fans for it. they destroyed their own city... looting and putting cars on fire, when does that happen in Toronto?

Do you see me yapping about sens fans or other passionate fans? It's the habs fans who make the NHL retarded.

St. Clair subway station a few nights ago, 15 hab fans come into the subway and start screaming go habs go. I was looking at them obviously and one guy comes up to me and asks if i'm a fan of the leafs, i reply with a yes. He goes back to his buddy and his buddy comes to me and starts asking me questions on whose canadas team. He tells me the Canadiens Organization OWNS the Leafs organization lol. You would think he's joking but the anger and intensity he showed trying to convince me that the Canadiens Organization funds the Leafs to make Leafs look stupid. There's more to the story I'm just lacking the will to type it up.

No ones arguing that the rivalry is useless, the fans make it an embarrassment with fights and stupidity.
 ratherBgolfing
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/7/2010 10:52:54 AM

It's the habs fans who make the NHL retarded.

Actually, the worst fans by far are the Flyers fans. Some of the things they chant to opposing players, or even players on their own team, are just wrong.
 elitemind
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/7/2010 1:07:17 PM
Your problem is stating all habs fans are like that, all of them are not.

And I agree the flyers fans are terrible
 p1sces
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2010 5:56:15 PM
lol okay. maybe not all, but the majority.
 1honestfrenchman
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/8/2010 1:21:40 AM
I've been a Habs fan my whole life, but a hockey fan first. I just wish Gary Bettman would be such a f*ckin idiot and bring back our two teams taken away from us. Honestly, why would they keep a team like Pheonix, taken from a hockey city like Winnipeg and lose money every year they've been there since 1996. I don't get it. Winnipeg only lost the the team because the dollar was sh*t at the time and they didn't have any corporate support. The dollar is at 96cents now, why not bring the team back? They have the fan base there. Same thing with Quebec. We're being shafted by a business man who doesn't know****about hockey who came over from basketball. Anyway, I just hope he drops dead and can get replaced by a canadian who knows a thing or two about hockey and the business.

I'm just glad I live in Ottawa and can go see games for way cheaper than any other city in Canada that has a team. Only because they were too stupid to put their arena 45min out of the city, which no one wants to drive out there to see the game and have to drive back. I got GLASS SEATS for a Boston game on the 21st/dec/09 for 160$ face value...get this...3 1/2 hrs before puck drop...lol I couldn't believe it.

GO HABS GO!!!
 p1sces
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2010 10:02:52 AM
All bettman wanted to do was expand hockey and make it grow in non-traditional markets. You can't blame him for that idea, however.... you can blame him for keeping these teams where they are. They are such failures, come on.... if Detroit has problems getting 12-15k people, how can pheonix or somewhere else sell out?

All these Canadian markets such as Montreal and Toronto are perfect examples how stupid the idea is to have a team in the desert. These places sell out no matter what, win or loose. Why put a team somewhere that will only sell out if the team wins.
 p1sces
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2010 10:09:02 AM

I got GLASS SEATS for a Boston game on the 21st/dec/09 for 160$ face value..

lol those same seats at the ACC run about $800 plus tax
 HabsMike36
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/8/2010 3:57:24 PM
EliteMind I agree with you. The defence does need to improve since they give up way to many shots on net. Halak has been un real and I do believe Price will come around which he has played well in his last few starts but can't catch any breaks at all.

Poulliet has been a great addition to the Habs.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!
 p1sces
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2010 5:57:05 PM
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
 cabosanlucas22
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2010 5:49:45 PM
im from minnesota , the state of hockey folks.. thank you so much for latendresse...
congrats on getting pouilot tho , hes a solid offensive guy... we have great hockey in mn, and great fans, but no building is louder than the forum in montreal, u ****ers say that ollay shit i think the roof is going to come off... gsp gsp
 cabosanlucas22
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2010 5:54:30 PM
i always use to think toronto had the best fans, when isay best i am talking about loudest, but montreal is by far the loudest.. a few years ago a survey of nhl players ranked the loudest buildings and they were
montreal
minnesota
toronto
calgary
and i dunno i think another candaian team most likely, but mn is pretty much canadain for hockey
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Montreal Canadiens fans page