Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > humor  > indian marriage broker...?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 beachglassr1
Msg: 1
indian marriage broker...?Page 1 of 1    
ok so i decided that i would put this in the humor threads because even i can see the humor in it! and just to be sure it was not redundant i did a thread search... and nope there is nothing in here about this!

last nite i started getting phone calls from all over the US .. since they were not numbers of people i know i did not answer them, but did a reverse look up on the one's that were not marked "unavailable" and finally after the 5th call came in today at 5 pm, i decided i needed to know what was going on. i called the last number back.
an older gentleman with a thick indian accent answers and i told him i was returning a call that had come in from this number on my phone. he asked me if i was wanting to marry an indian man!!!! i asked him to repeat, thinking i had surely misunderstood what he said, but no.. i heard correctly. my next question was "how did you get my number?" to which he said his friend in india gave him my number and said i was looking to get married to a man from india! the gentleman would give no further information about his "friend"in india, and i did tell him to pass along to his friend that if i continue to get calls i would contact the authorities....
now i do have a couple of questions .....
1) am i the only one this kind of weird freaking stuff happens to?????
and
2) if it has happened to others... what the heck do you do about it??

after ya all stop laughing i would like some advice on how to stop this from happening again and or continuing..

indian marriage broker...?
Posted: 12/27/2009 6:35:27 PM
Number 2) ...what the heck do you do about it?
Marry him!
 beachglassr1
Msg: 3
Posted: 12/27/2009 6:48:30 PM
lol .. i get in enough trouble without going international!
 pretty greeneyes
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2009 4:56:07 PM
LOL honey it must just be you. never gotten one of those calls. next time play along see if offer any money....

hehhe men get wives from Russia. Maybe the men now think the women want a mail order/phone order hubby
 Starsign Crab
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/28/2009 6:37:29 PM
Yep, play along, it is after all it is their dime. I do the same for all cold callers hoping to hook a sucker.

Make them hang on, tell them you'll get the person they want, and leave the phone unattended for a while before talking to them. If they are real telesales people they will hang up because you are not going to earn them their commission fast enough. The crooks will wait. I had someone hang on for 30 minutes before i told him I couldn't find me. He rang back 3 times until I said I wasn't interested. bet he wasn't on commission.

However, a friend of mine got involved with a Russian marriage broker/contact agency and he is now engaged. So some of them must be genuine, but if you haven't contacted them first, it is worrying how they get the numbers to ring. Are we all too quick to give out telephone numbers?
 Jeeep4Fun
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/29/2009 4:48:21 AM
Either that, or I saw this one on Seinfeld:

Jerry's phone rang, and you heard a voice on the phone say, "Would you like a subscription to the New York Times?"

Jerry said, "Yes!" and hung up.
 SingleGuy4912
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2009 6:40:23 AM
Tell him you need a reasonable "bride price" before agreeing to marry him. 2 cows, 6 sheep, and a dozen chicken oughta do it.
Show ALL Forums  > humor  > indian marriage broker...?