Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Have you ever had an instant mutual attraction to someone you've neve      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Dwayne_55
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Have you ever had an instant mutual attraction to someone you've never met? Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I had to ask this question?

I kept running into this girl everywhere i go! and i think it was instant intense attraction just through body language, but we never got a chance to talk...now i cant stop thinking about her i'll probably never see her again though...}
Oh well theres more in the sea RIGHT!

so have you ever had an instant mutual attraction to someone you've never met?

And what happened...? Did you do anything about it and if you didnt,
do you still think about him/her?
 singleagain66
Msg: 2
Have you ever had an instant mutual attraction to someone you've never met?
Posted: 1/1/2010 8:09:52 AM
Well if you kept running into her then you should have said something insitead of ignoring her.

FYI = Never happen to me and don't think it ever will
 adventurousme57
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/1/2010 8:10:28 AM
Yes. I had one just a minute ago on here to a guy who lives in California. Yowza! LOL.

If you keep running into her then plan on it happening again and say something! The worst that can happen is she'll be flattered and say "no thanks". Nothing ventured. Nothing gained.
 Arpeggia
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/1/2010 8:40:44 AM
lol Yes!

I was seeing someone from POF and when I would send him a message using text sometimes it would go astray. (I finally ditched that phone since I could not trust who my auto dial was dialing) So, some poor truck driver kept getting my messages and he started replying to them out of boredom. We became good pen pals and admitted to an attraction but decided not to meet after we figured out we did not live to far from each other. We both wanted to keep the mystery alive. lol This has been going a year and a half now.

Arp
 GotAHubCapDiamondStarHalo
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/1/2010 8:53:15 AM
Of course! I have a whole list of 94 reasons why the man I haven't met yet is perfect for
me!
 ferruginous
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2010 9:33:44 AM
If you've never talked to her, how do you actually know that there was really a mutual attraction?
 Violator_Girl
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/1/2010 9:44:43 AM
I can't say its mutual but theres this guy who works at my local HMV who makes me go weak at the knees.

I went in sometime in August for a DVD and couldn't find it, I looked for someone to ask and a guy with the store logo on his shirt from behind, I went over and asked for his help and when he turned around I swear I heard Angels sing 'Hallelujah'

Then I went in a few weeks ago for some Christmas presents. I was all stressed out and had been waiting for ages to be served...once I got to the counter I saw it was non other than the hottie from August. Made my wait worthwhile *drools*

I can't work out if he looked scared or shy or both haha. Poor thing.
 50_50_This_Way_Out
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/1/2010 10:12:36 AM
This thread makes me want to start breaking into houses and using peoples bathrooms.
 Azalea7
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2010 11:24:42 AM
How did you never get a chance to talk? Opposite train platforms? I'm guessing it wasn't mutual. If two people want it to happen, then it's going to happen. What I'm really guessing is that you didn't get a chance to talk 'cause she was with her boyfriend each time.

And in answer to your questions: Yes, and of course I did something about it. He and/or she who hesitates and/or just admires from afar...
 rthrdent
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2010 11:26:49 AM
You bet! Amazing ain't it? There's this buzz that's excruciating. The real pisser is when circumstances don't allow for an introduction.

If you've never talked to her, how do you actually know that there was really a mutual attraction?

Not real sure really, maybe some ethereal spiritual thing? All I know is it's a hellofalotta fun.
 WalksOnWater2
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/1/2010 11:50:30 AM
Mutual?

And exactly how do you know.... aw, never mind...
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2010 12:02:13 PM
Often.
Doesn't mean you're a match though.
Just you are attracted to each other.
 Ependa
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/1/2010 12:19:42 PM
many times in my life =) sometimes I did something about it, sometimes not...
 mr.evil
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/1/2010 12:20:56 PM
Gawd, what is it with you people?

I understand those, that never had it happen. But for those who had, why wouldn't you act on it? Who knows, maybe it's chemistry or phernomes(?) or whatever. Why wouldn't you see if they feel the same? The worst that could happen, is a slap or a little mace!lol

I guess it's me, but, you miss 100% of the opportunities, you never try for!! I always act on my feelings, just to see, if it was REALLY there.
 RazzleRoadRunner
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2010 12:22:38 PM
Yes, yes of course..........but he is an author of many books and he lives too far away.
So, the closest I can get, is to purchase every book of his that is published.
I spend many a fine hour with him when I settle in for a good read.
 chameleonf
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2010 12:31:09 PM
It's like one of those things like when you have no money to go on a shopping spree and you see all kinds of things you would like to buy. Seems with me the mutual attraction thingy happens more often when I'm already with someone who rocks my boat, so like with the shopping analogy, I just say to myself that was nice and keep moving right along and being happy with what I have. Now if it happened when I was single, I'd at least investigate the possibilities instead of walking on by.
 jaroka
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/1/2010 12:37:11 PM
Whoa. Talk about a cup with no bottom. The list is too long.

People I have been INSTANTLY attracted to, despite never personally meeting, include:

Barbara Waters
Barbara Frumm
Sarah Palin
Hilary Clinton (it was her intellect that turned me on)
Mrs. Buttho, the old president of Pakistan;
Pamela Anderson
Raquel Welsh (Yeeee!)
Bridgitte Bardot
Gina Lollobrigida
Celine Dion
Enya
Anya
Unya
Liv Ullman
Ingrid Bergman
Irene Papas
Janis Joplin
Emma Thompson
All of Woody Allen's wives and girlfriends
Any woman who'd been with Mick Jagger
Johnny Carson's firs wife, Joana Carson (Hooooo what a babe she was)
That Patton woman who was killed by her ex boyfriend; she starred in "Galaxina" after having been a PlayMate
Any woman who made it being a PlayBoy PlayMate
Shwank spreads
The Queen of England pre-1950-ish
Morgan Fairchild
Joan Collins
Angelina whatever
Ah! Sissy Spacek
A woman on another site, who went by the name of Queenie27, and was a dancer-turned lawyer
A woman I wrote to at another website, and she hated me from the moment go, her moniker was something like... I forgot, she was a journalist in the Frisco Bay area, and a damn good romanticizer and lightly funny writer
And many, many, many others
 futureunknown3
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/1/2010 1:05:22 PM
I think it can happen. Sometimes you just get this feeling and you know.
 nothing_sweet_about_me
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/1/2010 1:19:18 PM
yes I've had an instant mutual attraction to someone I'd never met, that was more than just lust (lust happens often, but I don't act on that one anymore).....but I'd seen his art before I met him and knew him through shared clients for around three years before I actually met him.

Actually he made the first move after a lot of dancing about each other (oh the beautiful dance !) what happened ? I'm not completely sure, maybe I'll be able to answer that in a couple of years - safe to say we have not ridden off into the sunset together...yet.

Be brave, go up and ask her why you never see her with a boyfriend or husband as an opener next time you see her, just a suggestion, that way if she's attached you won't lose face, if she's not then you can go further :)
 Strings6
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2010 2:07:31 PM
As a man if i had a dollar for everytime i saw a woman i thought was hot that i had never met i could afford to buy one of them now.....every woman in every Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue,every woman in almost every muisc video,every woman in every miss America,or any other country,beauty pageant...at a dollar a peice...yeah i could afford one....my answer to the question is yes i have.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2010 2:39:03 PM
How can you know it was MUTUAL, if nothing came of it? Maybe YOU were attracted, and the look on her face was just fear, or a powerful desire to sell you life insurance.
As for me, I gave up on "what if" and "if only" a long time ago.
 ManicMelanie
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2010 2:46:30 PM
Numerous times with numerous guys.

In fact, I just thought of a guy earlier than I saw many times at the YMCA that I no longer belong to. I didn't approach him (I'm very confident.) because he was somewhat arrogant and c*cky. I don't find that attractive, I guess because it's a sign of insecurity. Maybe I should join the gym again. Maybe he's grown up enough since 2 or 3 years ago and is still single.

colt8301
Msg: 23
Posted: 1/1/2010 3:37:36 PM

Who hasn't, i had so many of these in grade school, no I don't think about them now.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2010 4:00:58 PM

Well, in my mind, it was mutual, often.

Actually, there was this one girl. Used to work in the off-licence across the road. Then one night at the local club, some friends turned up and she was with them. It was her brithday, and I gather she wanted some action. But she had a boyfriend, and that is a no-go for me.

I never did anything about them. I do think about them sometimes. But mainly just for fun. Nothing to get down about.
 ChocolateNutt
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2010 4:03:58 PM
Yes, Eric Bana. I still am positive that he will eventually find me in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada, and ask me to marry him and bear his children. His wife will just have to understand.

Nutt
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Have you ever had an instant mutual attraction to someone you've never met?