Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Wisconsin  > Drug use      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AllFloatOn
Msg: 1
Drug usePage 1 of 1    
Is anyone else a little bothered by the lack of choices to describe drug use. I don't like having to label myself as a general drug user in general, even though I do (420) on a regular basis. I recognize that this is a vice, but it is not nearly as bad and some of the other substances that would fall in this broad "drugs" category. I always represent myself honestly on my profile, but it puts my stomach in knots every time I see myself as an often drug user.

Does anyone else have a problem with the way this is set up? Is plentyoffish planning on changing it anytime soon?
 AllFloatOn
Msg: 2
Drug use
Posted: 1/5/2010 11:57:06 AM
Alright, let me re-phrase my question: How turned off are you if you see drug use on a profile? I'm having virtually no luck on this site and i feel like this may be a major factor, especially since many women have "must not use drugs" on the bottom of their profile.
 Unforgetable1971
Msg: 3
Drug use
Posted: 1/5/2010 2:23:49 PM
You want to meet a woman...stop using drugs
 missybeme
Msg: 4
Drug use
Posted: 1/5/2010 2:44:51 PM
speaking from a woman's perspective I think that if someone admits to regular drug use, regardless of what the drug is, someone is always affraid it will escalate to more and more/different drugs. Which is never a good thing.
 AllFloatOn
Msg: 5
Drug use
Posted: 1/15/2010 12:50:06 PM
That wasn't the answer I was hoping for, but I suppose any illegal activity is a risk to both parties in a relationship. It frustrates me that the issue is legality, not responsibility (since caffeine, alcohol, and many prescription medications are also drugs which have the potential to be abused). But maybe unforgettable has it right. Since I'm engaging in illegal activities, its a black and white issue, and women will generally be afraid of men who are open in engaging in such activities, regardless of the personal responsibility and thought processes put into making the decision. Does anyone out there agree with me, or am I shouting to myself?
 donb01
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Drug use
Posted: 1/16/2010 6:33:29 PM
Well, look on the bright side - supposedly very shortly now it will be legal in WI to prescribe it for medical purposes (besides Cancer, like anxiety and other related conditions) - then all you need to do is get a scrip from a Doc and you'll be all legal again....

Then you can argue about what constitutes a "drug" since you have a prescription and all - theoretically then it will be a "medication".... Otherwise 90% of the population would have to answer yes tot he question

Notice how I wrote this without having an opinion one way or the other!
 AnnElizZ
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Drug use
Posted: 2/20/2010 5:23:41 PM
I will skip the people who say they use drugs. No matter which drug, at some point they'd be with a drug and get high. That's not acceptable to me. My choice.
If you lied about it, and saw someone on the site socially, eventually they'd find out. You would be emotionally unavailable -- not all there -- for them while high.
Just my experience.
The question is the same on other sites. Deal with it honestly, thanks.
 TimelessRomance
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Drug use
Posted: 2/24/2010 2:22:09 PM
Just be honest....if someone judges you over smoking pot recreationally you are most likely not going to work out anyway.

Personally, I think they should throw prescriptions into the mix as well. I'd like to know if the person I am going to date is tossing down tranquilizers, anti depressants, and/or pain pills.
 I_put_it_down
Msg: 9
Drug use
Posted: 2/24/2010 4:27:50 PM
Im sure thats a nice amount of females on here that have weed in common with you. Its just a minority and you have to look harder.
Show ALL Forums  > Wisconsin  > Drug use