Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why would ex girlfriend keep my personal items?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NvrLkBkNthePast
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Why would ex girlfriend keep my personal items?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Hi, I will try to make this short, but can any women out there please try to explain this to me. I have tried to understand why my ex is acting this way but can’t seem to find the answer.

I lived with a woman in her house for 16 months; I put into her account over 53k. I was locked out one day 7 weeks ago and since that time I have only received 5 bags of clothes, all of my belongings are still in her house and now I have a lawyer and the court systems trying to get my personal items back. I have enough items to furnish a house, family pictures, vehicles, you name it she has it. Image you go to work and get off of work and have nothing but the clothes on your back and a vehicle. This is what happened to me but I don’t understand why she would keep my things, does anyone have an answer? I should add that she doesn’t even like me anymore….
 ManicMelanie
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Why would ex girlfriend keep my personal items?
Posted: 1/5/2010 6:55:23 PM

She has someone else. She has better things to do than pack up your belongings, arrange for you to come over or deal with you being there while you get your stuff. I'm guessing some of it is valuable or nice enough that she would be fine if you didn't get them back. I hope you have receipts for some things or can contact your bank or credit/debit card companies to prove that they are yours.

Make a complete list of everything that is yours that is (hopefully) still there. Some of it may not be.

Good luck !

onefishwilldo
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/5/2010 6:55:45 PM
She used you. You furnished her house. She got what she wanted from you and now doesn't need you anymore. I hope you have all the receipts for the stuff that you purchased. It's good that you got the court systems involve to help you get your stuff back.

Good luck with everything.
 edencapwell
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2010 7:13:12 PM
well something major must have happened for her to do this. did you have a fight?? unless she is nuts, i fail to understand why she would do this without a reason. doesn't make any sense.
 ghostdog1973
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/5/2010 7:17:37 PM
OP-

you furnished her house plus put $53K in her bank account?

Need you ask why she is selfish and doesn't respect you?

Now you're spending more money on attorneys to get it back.

Any woman/man who would allow a partner to do this (minus marriages) and not give them the stuff back or even turned down that kinda money, is NOT in the relationship because they love you so much.

Normal people do not feel comfortable even taking this much stuff from someone else.

You ignored the red flags and now you're complaining that they are still waving in your face?

Good luck getting your stuff back.
 Shamefullpride
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/5/2010 7:20:35 PM
I keep going back and forth with this one.

50% of my brain is pushing for the "you poor **stard" here are a few drops from my bleeding heart. And the other 50% wants to know what you did.
 girlred228
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2010 7:21:20 PM
HMMM.. honestly.. she sounds as if she was looking for a payday and you gave it to her... what she is showing you.. you have your clothes.. but I want all this other stuff for putting up with you.. sounds crappy.. I wouldn't do it.. but there are some ruthless people out here.. if she was a nice person.. no matter what happened.. she wouldn't do you this way... she would give your belongings and act like an adult..

Many people are not adults.. I think learning about people is hard, because you never know who they are really are...people have many layers.. but finding out this way has to suck... I am sorry.. I hope you can rectify this,...
 Truetomyheart
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/5/2010 7:27:18 PM
Curious

Your profile has been on this site since 2007...you say you were living with this gal for almost 2 years...why did you keep a profile on here all this time? Maybe she has a very good reason for kicking your sorry butt to the curb and your just not sharing the other side of the story???? Just Maybe??
 padman57
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/5/2010 7:33:33 PM
Because you have nice stuff.
 daynadaze
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2010 7:34:28 PM
Yeah I'm with the 50% of The Rock Man who wants to know what you did to get locked out.
 ~Pedro Sanchez~
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/5/2010 7:37:37 PM
Faark, whaccha did to rile her up like that man?
Don't rule out voodoo and stuff. This is bad juju...really bad.
 luckyhot777s
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/5/2010 7:40:12 PM
You put 53k in her back account?

As your mystical advisor, looking into my crystal ball....I see you getting bombarded with a lot of emails in the near future.

I'm not sure why she did this...people get really pissed, then they want to make life hard on you...not everything ends this way...

Either way, deal with it, and get the stuff back.
 scottey63
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2010 7:41:41 PM
I'm thinking revenge for something you did, either real or imagined. I don't get the need for revenge that some women have. Or maybe she's just nuts. Or both.

Good luck to you. I think you have a hard battle ahead to get your stuff back.
 honeyangel1985
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/5/2010 7:45:40 PM
OP, she could be keeping your belongings as a revenge tactic against you for something you did perhaps?

Can you have a third party contact her and arrange to go and pick up your belongings?

A court will tell you that it's your problem to figure out.
 luckyhot777s
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/5/2010 7:46:42 PM

Your profile has been on this site since 2007...you say you were living with this gal for almost 2 years...why did you keep a profile on here all this time? Maybe she has a very good reason for kicking your sorry butt to the curb and your just not sharing the other side of the story???? Just Maybe??/

OUCH!!!....this might be, but I know some people get into a relation and keep an active profile, to be on the forums, or in case things go wrong...I was living with a girl here, I kept my profile on the site I used to be on, but I listed it as taken, here for the lines.

It does make me wonder why she did all this and was he the cause, but that doesn't justify keeping all this stuff.

It would be nice to hear both sides of the story, but without that I can't judge someone.
 SilverSpn
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/5/2010 7:48:58 PM
She knows there isn't anything you can do to get any of it back. You didn't do anything. She had an agenda, she reaped her forseen reward and now she is on to greener pastures. My last relationship did the same to me...only he married me, wanted my home in his name but I wouldn't, five days after he emptied my bank he filed for divorce. Since we were married for less than two years, he wasn't able to split the home I paid cash for. Count yourself lucky you didn't marry her, the cleaners couldn't take much more than she already has.
 forumfishie
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/5/2010 7:51:51 PM
"I should add that she doesn’t even like me anymore"
That's why.
 CaptainDad
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/5/2010 7:57:43 PM
Because, for what ever reason she has, she's pissed.

There has to be more to this story. If it's going to be on Jerry Springer let us know so we can tape it!
 Aisfor_Amanda
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/5/2010 8:11:38 PM
Wow. What happened to get you locked out and her hating you? Something pretty big had to have gone down for that kind of reaction.

To burn them?
To put a voodoo curse on them?
To make you have to buy new stuff?
To make you have to pay for court costs to get it back?
To get even for what you might have done?

I don't get the need for revenge that some women have

The need for revenge isn't just a thing some women do. Plenty of men have done stupid acts for revenge.
 TiltAGirl
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/5/2010 8:12:22 PM
Obviously it's a form of control, for whatever reason. She's a b1tch, you did something really nasty and she wants to retaliate, she's mentally unstable. The possibilities are endless - she's the only one who can answer for certain.

I hope you get your things back and that there is something to be learned from the experience.
 e*Musing
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/5/2010 8:25:59 PM
What did you do to p1ss her off?

Face reality...women don't typically run out and dump guys who are treating them well. Taking it to the point of holding your crap hostage...how much did you ignore her in the days and weeks before?

Or...you're a complete milktoast and she got tired of being the leader in both of your lives. So she's booted you and now laughing at your inability to take appropriate measures to get your stuff back.

Ya gotta understand...you can p1ss 'em off just as much either way...ignoring them or wussing out on 'em. So which was it?

And BTW, girls...why does she have to be the b1tch? 16 omonths...nah...16 days...maybe. 16 weeks...ehhh, possible. Through the looking glass, ladies...things aren't always as they appear.
 RushLuv
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/5/2010 8:32:02 PM
OP failed to explain why he was locked out of the house. His ex could have a very good reason as to why she's holding on to his belongings. Then again, his ex could be the culprit in this situation.

There has to be a reason behind this.
 NvrLkBkNthePast
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2010 8:32:53 PM
The day I got locked out, I bought a camper a few days earlier and put the title in my name only. I used money from my 401k for it. That is why she got so pissed. And yes I did see red flags all the time, my fault for staying in a bad relationship. I kept my profile on here but it was hidden and I never used it until a few weeks ago. thank you all for you input...
 TiltAGirl
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/5/2010 8:37:17 PM

And BTW, girls...why does she have to be the b1tch?

I was listing possibilities, b1tch being one of them. Perhaps a numbered list would make it more readable.

OP she sounds more than a little off balance. Best to get when the crazy starts seeping out, not after spending a crap load of money, but I guess you know that now. Best of luck to you.
 e*Musing
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/5/2010 8:42:06 PM
OK...so now we know what you did and what you did that led up to it. Hmmmmm...ever think of how she felt about what was happening?

So on to the tough question...reach down...between your legs...is her name on both of 'em? I mean, c'mon and balls up... call the police, get a lawyer, get a judge to issue a writ. If there aren't kids involved (please please please tell me there aren't kids involved in the dysfunction), you should be able to enter the house and retrieve belongings.

Or use your key.

Or claim spousal abuse and have her arrested.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why would ex girlfriend keep my personal items?