Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > Snow is Ireland!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 madbrush
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Snow is Ireland! Page 1 of 1    
What is the deal wit us Irish??? We never get snow well maybe a flake or two but this "big freeze" as they calling it. It's deadly! We should all be making the most of it. Instead everywhere I turn all I hear is oh this weather is bleeding terrible bla bla bla Bring back the rain...Like HELLO PEOPLE!! It's winter ...We all wanted a white Christmas and we got it well a little late but hey its still winter! Your inner child should be coming out jus about now cos I'm is.....Am I the only one????
 bencher23
Msg: 2
Snow is Ireland!
Posted: 1/9/2010 3:34:46 PM
nope I think its great to get this cold spell, The roads are like a sheet of glass and I`m having great fun skidding along
 Lively Annie
Msg: 3
Snow is Ireland!
Posted: 1/10/2010 1:25:56 AM
Sorry to hear you are waterless there Postings. It seems everyone is helping everyone else out at the moment and its great to see such care and community spirit. Whilst this cold spell is difficult for everyone getting around and even the simple task like getting to the shop for food has become difficult. You have to keep your feet solid on the ground remember to wrap up warm, don't carry a hand bag because if you do you might not be able to carry the shopping. That is of course for those who can get to a shop. It is so much worse in the country in areas where people are totally isolated. In Dublin we are hearing shops down the country are starting to run out of supplies and this can't be deemed as enjoyment? Lets hope the deliveries will there over the next day or two. While able people might enjoy the "switch off" during this period it is extremely hard for older people and people with special needs who do need assistance. For sure some isolated areas are in a crisis and in real need of assistance so these people I am sure would prefer normal weather conditions.

If nothing else perhaps this "Freeze" has melted the sterio type person in a more human, being - a normal person who shows care and consideration for those around. It so, the "freeze" has been worth it, to give us all a reality check to understand what live is all about?
 Grisensnable
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Snow is Ireland!
Posted: 1/11/2010 4:01:57 PM

If nothing else perhaps this "Freeze" has melted the sterio type person in a more human, being - a normal person who shows care and consideration for those around. It so, the "freeze" has been worth it, to give us all a reality check to understand what live is all about?

Aira..go on off with yourself there haha!!

We've suffered a mad response by the government to our current "freeze'..if the thawing you are talking about involves the whole country bursting into fits of laughter & giggles over minister O'Gormless' drama queen and foreboding attitude..you are dead right!

It's completely and utterly ridiculous that the department of education instructed all schools to close for the interim until this coming Thursday...they are all crazy and mad!!

According to my oldest child (she cares heaps about this sort of thing) we have floods to look forward to now..what a drag!
 DaVincibro
Msg: 5
Snow is Ireland!
Posted: 1/13/2010 12:51:00 PM
Great news:
Now that the roads have cleared up and the snow is melting the GWRC* have held out long enough to get rock salt much cheaper than last week.
Not only that but the trucking firms (owned by the friends of the GWRC) will have no trouble travelling to where it will be stored (in warehouses owned by the friends of the GWRC).......

The friends of the GWRC* will be paid millions to store it forever and will make large donations to Fianna Fail so the GWRC will be re-elected.

A GWRC spokesman said "Aw sure it wasn't here in time begorrah but aw sure we got it cheap we did, so we did,"

Can a country vote to be invaded and taken over by a foreign power............

*the Gobshites Who Run the Country
 asarlai
Msg: 6
Snow is Ireland!
Posted: 1/14/2010 12:26:48 PM
No leonardo, but a government can vote to be invaded and taken over by a foreign power.
Take "Nice" for example. Or the one where they didnt get the outcome they wanted so they ignored the people(sheep) and went again.
What a joke this country is! But sure begorrah cant we laugh at ourselves and isnt that just great!
 Grisensnable
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Snow is Ireland!
Posted: 1/15/2010 7:56:28 PM
Oh well....inspite of me praying like a lunatic to Saint Kath the saviour of all desperate and disparate souls ..she who knows all and everything beyond all that can or should be known, me and my family are due to suffer having our water cut off because of this adverse weather we are suffering right now.

what's funny about our country's situation right now is that on no television station have I seen a reminder of the dire warnings of the predicted (since 2008) encroaching Armageddon Ireland was expected to suffer at some unnamed and innumerably unaccountable future happenstance in this prescient presence we are living in now...I have to go and search for that emergency advise posted through my letter box again...

In the event of a natural disaster we were warned that we should have to hand one of those wind up radios, a bottle of water or two, some rain gear, a tent, sleeping bags, batteries and flashlights plus tinned food, there was more..does anybody else remember that booklet?

I'm just glad that we have escaped the horrors the Haitians are suffering right now and think "there but for the grace of God go I" and my lovely children along with our hopes and dreams for the future which I understand have been snatched away from the people in that part of the world for now.. understand that we have had a very lucky escape..thank god.
 DaVincibro
Msg: 8
Snow is Ireland!
Posted: 1/16/2010 12:17:19 PM
Dumber and dumber: if one country escaped due to the interference of a god thing then the countries that got hit (killing thousands of the residence) were picked by the god thing for destruction.
 maryj53
Msg: 9
Snow is Ireland!
Posted: 1/16/2010 6:48:19 PM
Snow joke , to be sure to be sure and all and begorrah
 ddelite
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Snow is Ireland!
Posted: 1/19/2010 4:04:03 PM
Well to all you snow birds, do you think it could dissappear before I arrive on the 28th of April. Right now its snowing to beat hell outside my window and -20 is normal around here but I don't want it when I visit your corner of the world. Please
 Ulster born
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Snow is Ireland!
Posted: 1/27/2010 10:47:23 AM
Send the snow back to Canada! Some of us are missing it over here! Though it's wintry temperatures here today...
 ddelite
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Snow is Ireland!
Posted: 1/28/2010 1:52:38 PM
Ulster born I think you got your wish. At least in Barrie snow is every where. Enjoy
Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > Snow is Ireland!