Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > How to use a Cell Phone to access POF      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ladynae
Msg: 1
How to use a Cell Phone to access POFPage 1 of 1    
Could someone please tell me how to use my cell phone to access POF.
I've looked all over the site, and have not found how to do it.
Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

BTW my cell carrier is T- Mobile

Andi
 ladynae
Msg: 2
How to use a Cell Phone to access POF
Posted: 1/14/2010 5:40:44 PM
I see there is a response but I can't view it. UGH weird!
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2010 5:47:14 PM
I don't use a cell to access POF but... You have web access right via the phone?

And you can't type in www.plentyoffish.com and get here?

Cowboy
 badge73
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2010 9:11:59 AM
it depends on quite a few factors, what age your phone is and your browser. but if you are struggling on a phone i would recommend downloading mini opera as that works quite well with the site.

www.opera.com/mini/download/

old phones can only access the mobile net via w.a.p so really does struggle on a big site like this, hence mini opera converts it and not a bad application as most of the newer phones come with a opera application now.
 Steve_Sandy
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2010 2:41:55 PM
most sites are set up for computers, viewing stuff on a tiny screen means either tiny text or a special version of the website
 subtlecaffeine
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2010 9:36:21 AM
all you should have to do is go to the pof site on the phone. the server is set up to serve the mobile version of the site when it detects it. i use opera mini on my phone so sometimes i get the mobile version and sometimes i dont...i think...i find it difficult to tell the difference. any recent phone shouldnt have issues depending on whos doing the translating. phone companies tend to do a lousy job...mini otoh uses its own proxy...just navigate to the site on your phone and the technology gnomes should make things work
 ziller345
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/25/2010 5:41:38 PM
I don't know what POF means. This woman asked for my cell phone number . Can she do anything unscruplous?
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2010 5:57:57 PM

I don't know what POF means

POF means "plentyoffish". That is our website here. This thraed was about accessing this website from a cell phone.

This woman asked for my cell phone number . Can she do anything unscruplous?
yes she could call you... This is a DATING SITE where you are supposed to be meeting people. You exchange a couple messages here and hopefully progress to a couple phones calls and then meet.

She asked for your cell phone to call you.

Cowboy
Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > How to use a Cell Phone to access POF