Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > Ireland & 6 Nations      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Munsterbear
Msg: 1
Ireland & 6 NationsPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Are we all looking forward to the 6 Nations? I know I am, and not just for the rugby.

It's fantastic to be meeting our Celtic cousins or our Italian friends. Only last week I was in Limerick for Munster V Northampton and it's always great to see the two groups of fans together. Never any bother, just sharing a pint and the craic.

Long may it continue. And here to hoping for another Grand Slam ....... Please ha ha
 benandsam
Msg: 2
Ireland & 6 Nations
Posted: 1/29/2010 10:22:05 AM
Ya good luck to the irish , on form its a toss up between france and ireland, we have france away so that will be tough. The progress made by ulster and leinster have really strenghtened the irish team, no longer is it a munster pack but a good blend and some youth too.
Are you a member of the munster supporters club, i find it very hard to get heineken tickets.
Give me rugby any day than soccer
 Munsterbear
Msg: 3
Ireland & 6 Nations
Posted: 1/29/2010 12:54:30 PM
Aye, full member of MRSC and of Shannon as well so never really a problem with tickets. It's a shame to see so many genuine fans go without. Bu I do get frustrated that we can fill Thomond Park but still only get few hundred at a AIL game.

With Scotland playing so well in November Ints it might well throw it all open. France are definietly the threat. 4 teams in quarters, and that didn't happen by mistake.
 benandsam
Msg: 4
Ireland & 6 Nations
Posted: 1/30/2010 1:06:41 AM
Unless you are involved in rugby munsterbear, people have many other things on the plate. I try to make weekends available now n again for rugby, limerick and dublin are a day out.
I used to play basketball and golf + i walk my dog a lot so time must be allocated, i still jump at munster tickets when i get a chance of going, love the new thomond great stadium , hopefully the new aviva will be a great stadium for ireland. Thats open in april isnt it, after the 6 nations.
It will be good for rugby to stop paying croke park huge amounts of cash and the money can be used for irish rugby and the debt of the aviva.
 dub08
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Ireland & 6 Nations
Posted: 1/30/2010 2:40:52 AM
I like rugby but wouldnt consider myself a fan - dont go to matches or really watch much. However last year my sister, myself and a few friends arranged to go to Malahide to watch the final game - Ireland and Wales. On the day it turned out only my sister and myself could go. We weren't sure wether to bother but in the end we did.

So glad we did - the pub was packed with Welsh and Irish fans. The Welsh fans sang the anthem in Welsh which was lovely and the atmosphere was electric. We had a great day and I will certainly be paying much more attention to the rugby this year

Come on the boys!
 Munsterbear
Msg: 6
Ireland & 6 Nations
Posted: 1/30/2010 8:57:23 AM
Can't beat the atmosphere when around other fans, be it in the pub, at home or at the match.

Looking forward to going to the new Lansdowne. Never liked Croke Park for the rugby. Was at Ireland v England for the first game. Was immense but no real atmosphere at games after it.

Are you based in Dublin, you should join us in Break for the Border for Munster matches. There is a Dublin branch of supporters club. And the craic is mighty. Being single Dad I don't get to as many games so their is a good substitute.
 benandsam
Msg: 7
Ireland & 6 Nations
Posted: 2/3/2010 6:03:20 AM
The anthems are fantastic , i love the french and the welsh anthems. People going to ireland matches should go to their seats up to 40 mins early to watch the warm ups, the preparation and professionalism is at a very high level. Then you have the anthems wow the scene is set. I dont mind paying a lot of money as its keeping professional rugby players in ireland, you can see where the money is going.
Ireland have a strong team on saturday, the irish are always a bit rusty 1st game together after a break so italy are ideal, italians always have plenty of gusto initially so we can expect a spirited challenge from italy, it will be up to ronan to keep the scoreboard ticking along to quell the italians.
Ireland have a very strong bench, in my opinion its the strongest bench of any team, all good and looking forward to a sucessful defence of the 6 nations.
What will ireland be happy with come the end of the 6 nations?
triple crown?
6 nations winners?
grand slam?

?????????????????
 dub08
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Ireland & 6 Nations
Posted: 2/3/2010 8:30:57 AM
RTE are running a fantasy team league on their website. Signed up today and picked my team with the help of my 11 year old son. He knows a bit more about the players than I do. I think this will make all the matches fun for us as we can follow our players
Check it out on the RTE.ie
 benandsam
Msg: 9
Ireland & 6 Nations
Posted: 2/3/2010 10:53:17 AM
ta dubO8 will have a peek
 benandsam
Msg: 10
Ireland & 6 Nations
Posted: 2/3/2010 12:09:09 PM
picked my team now look forward to the embarrassment , i think i know what im talking about till i come 4000th in the league . i went for 4 irish, 4 welsh, 4 french, 1 italian, 1 english, 1 scot
 dub08
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Ireland & 6 Nations
Posted: 2/3/2010 12:35:30 PM
Cant remember what we picked - I am going to try and print off my list tomorrow so we can have it when the matches are on because I will never remember any of the names apart from Brian O'Driscoll and Johnny Wilkinson!
 Munsterbear
Msg: 12
Ireland & 6 Nations
Posted: 2/3/2010 4:02:22 PM
If you love the build up, just look at the Munster Rugby Supporters Club Choir. One of my best friends came up with the idea. Got about 40 now, they meet during the week to practice halfway between Cork and Limerick. They sing before matches, still pay for their tickets and do it all for their love of Munster. Even their outfits are paid for by themselves.

To hear them sing Stand Up and Fight before a match really gets you going.

For me, Flower of Scotland is the greatest anthem. But sure we all have different tastes.

Cannot wait for Sat. Team is picked on who they are facing. It's gonna be a fierce tough battle upfront. Delighted to see Flannery back. Just remember Bull, it;s your field.

I'm tempted to put a few yoyos on Scotland for the upset. But sure we'll see tomorrow.
 benandsam
Msg: 13
Ireland & 6 Nations
Posted: 2/4/2010 8:09:44 AM
best i have heard has been CARA O'SULLIVAN before a munster game, she is a classical singer from cork, she resounded around thomond
Thats fantastic munsterbear those guys get a lot out of their support, i would ruin the choir unfortunately, im brutal
I see donnacha is out , thats a pity, he is a unsung hero, good grafter.

Scotland 1st game up are always good , if they get the 1st score its game on , they dont often come from behind
 Munsterbear
Msg: 14
Ireland & 6 Nations
Posted: 2/4/2010 12:00:16 PM
Bad news about Donnie alright, but Leo is a good grafter and sure it gives Donnocha Ryan a spot on the bench. A fellow Shannon man.

What I'm about to say might sound sexist but I'm not a fan of Cara singing Stand Up and Fight, no doubt she is a great singer but much prefer a male voice.

Jeez the nerves and hype are building, spent last night looking at great clips on youTube.

G'wan lads
 crazy lady!
Msg: 15
Ireland & 6 Nations
Posted: 2/6/2010 10:30:32 AM
can't wait!!!!!!!
 benandsam
Msg: 16
Ireland & 6 Nations
Posted: 2/7/2010 2:23:27 AM
It was poor stuff yesterday but ireland area always rusty 1st time out, it was a good warm up for tougher games ahead.
I thought italy were so negative, they are bad for the the 6 nations, if they want to do is to slow the ball and the game down and lose by less than 20 they will never improve. They are in no mans land at present, too good for russia/ portugal and the likes and not within a asses roar of the 5 big footballing nations in europe.
ROG did well i thought, he should keep his place, rob kearney had his worst game ina while lazy , overconfident.
Tomas o leary must speed up his passing
There isnt a top class scrum half in europe at present

England and wales was poor fare also, england arent very good but wales helped them a lot yesterday, the lineout gave away possession all day

Hopefully scotland and france will be a good game today
 benandsam
Msg: 17
Ireland & 6 Nations
Posted: 2/10/2010 3:49:05 AM
Well munsterbear what do you think of next saturdays match. On form we have nothing to find i think but history is against us winning.
Is it only twice in last 35 or so years we have won in paris? However i think the professional era has moved the goalposts and we have the best ever irish team at our disposal if they play up to form
Im glad ROG kept his spot he did nothing wrong last saturday , in fact he was one of the few irish to play to form, it was a good tune up for the french match.
It would be a shame to be hammered in paris, people would forget 2009 fairly quickly so lets hope for a good irish performance and hopefully a win
 Munsterbear
Msg: 18
Ireland & 6 Nations
Posted: 2/10/2010 11:43:34 PM
Cannot wait for Saturday. It is definitely one of the strongest squads Ireland has ever had. And boy have the professional era changed with player management dictated by centralised contracts and more.

I have to say I'm not afraid of the French ( you'd swear I was playing) ha ha. I would love to see Ferris play. The man is immense. Even if it's was just for 50 to 60 minutes. ROG needs to dictate the pace of the game. He totally outclasses Trung Duc (can't remember exact spelling). And with Earls in the the backs I think they are really going to pressure them.

I think Kearneys game was just a blip, while he's up there with the best in the world he's still a kid in international terms and getting to know the ropes with mind games. Ireland played with cards close to their chest and he just went bit far. He'll rise to occasion. I'm praying TOL speeds up his delivery. The French are for the taking as they play borderline offside, and you saw with the scots that there was good few mismatches so we should be looking to take advantage of that.

It will be the game of the series I think and quietly confident. G'wan Lads.
 benandsam
Msg: 19
Ireland & 6 Nations
Posted: 2/12/2010 3:36:12 AM
Well ferris starting so we are at full strength. We think alike as regards the ireland team and players munsterbear
I see on another forum there is the ogara / sexton debate bit like campbell/ward years ago
Hopefully ROG will stake his place because if he does ireland will be on a roll. I see POC said in a interview to win in paris wearing a irish jersey is one of the things he mwants to accomplish so he will be well up for it.Flannery has a big role to play i think hopefully he is ready after his injury
The only other thing to ask for is a good start and a fair ref.

gwan lads
 Munsterbear
Msg: 20
Ireland & 6 Nations
Posted: 2/12/2010 8:05:02 AM
'll be getting in the mood by watching the U20's tonight. Hopefully it will be a cracker. Nerves are building but I feel the maturity is there, winning is a habit as they say.

Allez les Verts
 seize de day
Msg: 21
Ireland & 6 Nations
Posted: 2/13/2010 10:25:12 AM
Well thats that knocked on the head for another year.
 benandsam
Msg: 22
Ireland & 6 Nations
Posted: 2/13/2010 11:07:38 AM
Yep ,we can win the triple crown still, small compensation, a win at twickenham may banish some memories
There will be changes next day, we wont have donnacha back for another 2/3 weeks apparently, we need him
Tomas is average i think , reddan is no better but he should get his chance, sexton probably will get his chance also though ROG was no worse than any other irish player.Keith earls for me was our best player however there must have been 10 irish players that knocked the ball on, must do better is what a schoolmaster would say.
The yellow card changed the game
 seize de day
Msg: 23
Ireland & 6 Nations
Posted: 2/13/2010 11:21:01 AM
I more or less agree, we just kept making handling errors and never took our chances, moved up and let them run past us, the ball hitting the post was just typical of our luck. The forwards in the scrum where trounced. How will we cope with an equaly strong english pack and looking forward the ozzies and kiwis won't exactely be worried looking at that performance. I think Sexton should get a run out he looked well against Wales and he can run well and kick every bit as good as O gara. The yellow card was deserved, I just think the French wanted it more, they beat us at footie and now the rugby
 Munsterbear
Msg: 24
Ireland & 6 Nations
Posted: 2/13/2010 11:49:12 AM
Beaten off the paddock. Maybe just maybe if Healy didn't make that mistake it might have being tighter.

TOL is just not up to scratch. That in turn affects the game of ROG and back line.

Though, when did Sexton play Wales??
 benandsam
Msg: 25
Ireland & 6 Nations
Posted: 2/16/2010 7:52:28 AM
To be fair the rte panel were ott on 1 item i thought, the pack did ok, they did very well in the lineout and the only time the scrum went backwards was when they were down to 14 men imo.
It was poor kicking , knockons and the yellow card that beat us, the drop goals that france got wont happen again unless they are in a similar strong position on a good french day.
We have to find new players , maybe give the fringe players a go for the last 3 games , not too many , sexton, reddan or boss/ donnacha ryan maybe
Show ALL Forums  > Ireland  > Ireland & 6 Nations