Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > How much do girls care about the shoes a guy wears?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Teknoe
Msg: 1
view profile
History
How much do girls care about the shoes a guy wears?Page 1 of 1    
I know like many questions, the answer is "it varies."

I've never been a shoe person. I have 3-4 pairs, one for work, one for basketball and another for pretty much everything else. It's just some white New Balance tennis shoes. Recently, one girl friend of mine pointed out while we were shopping this past Black Friday, that she always notices me wearing this same white NB tennis shoe, and that I should buy a "better brand" because the tennis shoe New Balance look is for "college students" and I'm no longer in college.

So I bought a pair of Sketchers based on her recommendation. Lately I've been noticing the shoes that guys 25 and older are wearing. Not very many wear tennis shoes. I don't know what they wear exactly, but they're usually black "professional" looking shoes. Not dress shoes, but black and nice looking. I have no idea what the brand is called.

Is it a "bad sign" to YOU if a guy wears tennis shoes outside of work most of the times? Does this say or indicate anything about him as a man/person? Me, I'm a very simple basic guy, and I just need one comfortable pair outside work to wear. I don't have 15 pairs of shoes. But I guess, looking at it from the girl's point of view, I can see where they're coming from.

I do kind of want to "upgrade" honestly. My other question is, what brand shoe would you recommend for everyday regular wear for a young man; shoes that are black and nice looking? I seem to see many guys my age wearing this type of black shoe with their jeans, so maybe it's time I dump the New Balance tennis shoes. I never really thought of it much until my girl friend brought it up.

Now I'm curious what girls think of guys who always wear tennis shoes, does this say or indicate anything about a man, and what nice shoes you would recommend for regular wear outside work for a guy in his mid 20's? Thank you. Feedback from guys is welcomed, too. (please let me know what brand of shoe you wear if you do answer, guys). Like I said, I don't know much about shoes, so any help is appreciated.
 joebreezyy
Msg: 2
view profile
History
How much do girls care about the shoes a guy wears?
Posted: 1/29/2010 2:56:57 AM
A couple of girl friends of mine say that shoes is one of, if not the first thing they look at.
 bipolarintense
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/29/2010 2:58:28 AM
I've never ever thought about women looking at a man's shoes. I kind of get the idea though that a man wearing 4 inch stiletto's would be a turn off for most women.
 DiannaBall
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/29/2010 3:47:24 AM
Are you kidding me??????? 5 short paragraphs over the type of shoes a man should wear? I am more worried if these men have jobs and do not live with mommy and daddy. Now I know why some DO live with mommy and daddy; they are out buying expensive ass shoes and cannot pay rent!
 Euroalex
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2010 4:14:22 AM
supertall basketball players have huge feet, and a lot of women love basketball players.
so, there is a correlation, women prefer men with big size shoes...
 Amitiel
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2010 4:27:36 AM
lol dinnaball ... I agree, too long. I saw that and I didn't even read it.

OP - It is your "attention to detail", the "whole package". Same things you guys look at in the way women dress.

Here is a 2 page thread on this subject...

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts13551026.aspx
 deborah815
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2010 4:46:44 AM
I'm going with DiannaBall on this one. A man's shoes are not my first priority. Just not that important in the overall scheme of things.
 deb1961A
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/29/2010 6:10:29 AM
I dont care about the shoes, as long as his toes arent sticking out of them. Im more interested in how he puts the whole package together...
 mekong delta
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2010 6:20:37 AM

Now I'm curious what girls think of guys who always wear tennis shoes, does this say or indicate anything about a man, and what nice shoes you would recommend for regular wear outside work for a guy in his mid 20's? Thank you. Feedback from guys is welcomed, too. (please let me know what brand of shoe you wear if you do answer, guys). Like I said, I don't know much about shoes, so any help is appreciated.

I think, with tennis shoes you just want to be casual, to make yourself more comfortable.
I think your shoes, how you carry yourself and your height go hand in hand. Ofcourse women prefer confident, tall men in black "professional" looking shoes.
I think they don't care about the brand as long as the shoes look stylish on you.
 *~*ChardyGirl*~*
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/29/2010 7:18:22 AM
You wear tennis shoes all the time...?

Op,wear them for tennis or sports,but otherwise go into a shoe store and ask one of the sales assistants for some "advice" if you're really this clueless?
 bsp71
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/29/2010 7:31:39 AM
+1 and yes I wish more women think that way, me- my shoes are not expensive but I don't live at home and I do drive a decent car :-)
 Silent Steel
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2010 8:15:28 AM
Actually...the type of shoe a guy wears speaks volumes about him. Wearing clean tennis shoes everywhere would be a younger guy. Dont let these women fool you to believe that shoes dont matter....they may not be top priority...but they dam sure notice.
 That Handy Man
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/29/2010 8:20:54 AM
I actually bought a five hundred dollar pair of casual shoes in the summer! Just because, I couldn't find any I liked as much and got tired of looking. Think I have worn them twice! lol Of course it's winter now!

Shoes ARE very important to many women, on a man, that is! Those horrible clunky (usually dirty) white NB shoes are NOT very attractive. I see a lot of older people wearing them, with their winter dark clothing and it looks quite retarded! Those are COURT shoes, and I'm sure if you went to court, you would see someone wearing them there too! We've slowly become a society of SLOBS!

You have competition out there. Best, if you put some effort into it and look good! In fact, it's always best, if YOU are the best dressed man in the room! That way, you stand out, and that's what a guy needs to attract women!
 Cape Sunshine
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/29/2010 9:02:42 AM
I notice shoes on a man....

I like casual shoes.. like loafers or boat shoes.

I don't like sneakers on a guy unless he is at the gym.

I like hiking shoes or boots.

Guys please wear the right kind of shoes with your clothes... ok
 legal_e-gal
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/29/2010 9:19:49 AM
your shoes should match what you wear... If your wearing track pants/sweats or jeans tennis shoes are fine. If you have on a pair of tan/brown slacks, you need to go with something a little dresser like loafers.

As long as the shoes match the occasion/outfit and aren't falling apart I don't care.
 Aisfor_Amanda
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/29/2010 9:30:56 AM

Is it a "bad sign" to YOU if a guy wears tennis shoes outside of work most of the times?

No. Why would you need to wear any other type of shoe if you aren't working?

To me, I don't care about shoes. I will, however, make fun of guys on motorcycles who are wearing loafers. Otherwise, I don't care. They're just shoes. I hate shoes.
 ghostdog1973
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/29/2010 9:37:50 AM
who knows- but i care about the shoes a woman wears...meaning- i do not like being with girls that don't wear high heels...some girls don't do it...

and i love high heels...

stands to reason many women feel the same about men and their shoes...(just not them wearing high heels.)
 txredbull
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2010 10:28:03 AM

A couple of girl friends of mine say that shoes is one of, if not the first thing they look at.

Thats because woman believe there is a correlation between shoe size and penis size...and there isn't.

http://www.4-men.org/penis-size/shoe-size.html
 Violator_Girl
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/29/2010 10:30:41 AM
Shoes are actually something I notice. Apparently when I was a toddler I used to look at peoples shoes first ...depending on the shoes I'd either be OK with the person or be totally anti social. Maybe someone stamped on my face as a kid and I never got over it ...might explain alot.

Now I still look at a guys shoes, there are certain types of shoe I just can't stand...although if he was a nice guy and I got on with him I'd probably be able to over look it- until I knew him well enough to buy him some new ones
 Cape Sunshine
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/29/2010 10:43:18 AM
[[[Thats because woman believe there is a correlation between shoe size and penis size...and there isn't.]]]]

It about the size of your hands... big hands big penis...
 MS_VIRGO_SUNSHINE
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2010 10:48:11 AM
It depends... I am not usually drawn to the dress shoe type of guy unless he is at a nice restaurant, gather or corporate office in which he is required to dress in business attire. I am not drawn to the high top shoes type of man either so its kind of weird. I like a man who wears shows that are shoes that I would picture an adult man wearing. Trendy is very nice. I am not into the cowboys boot suave style that I see a lot of guys wearing. Why wear pointy toed shoes? Casual and trendy is where it is at!
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > How much do girls care about the shoes a guy wears?