Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do guys like clingy women?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Nakita4u2c
Msg: 1
Do guys like clingy women? Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Guys that I've dated, I ask them a simple question, and the question is; "do you like clingy women?" Most of them say yes, but not controlling women. I also ask guys if they would prefer a girl who are aggressive, passive-aggressive, assertive or passive. A lot of them answer assertive. So my question is, would you go for a clingy girl? Would you rather chase her, or would you rather be chased? Do you prefer girl who's aggressive, passive-aggressive, assertive or passive? Be honest about your answer.
 clint0p0
Msg: 2
Do guys like clingy women?
Posted: 1/31/2010 6:48:08 AM
No I personally don't being there for a person and being clingy is different.
 ghostdog1973
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/31/2010 6:48:08 AM
if i'm really really into the girl, i don't mind her being 'clingy' cause to me 'clingy' is defined as someone that tries to be 'too close' to someone else that isn't that into them all that much.

"aggressive, passive-aggressive, assertive or passive"

well- probably a mix of all three...meaning- too much of either of hte 3 will get annoying.

aggressive? i'm thinking "how about you shut that hole of yours up and stop challenging everything all the time...on every freaking issue..."

passive aggressive? nothing worse than passive aggressive games all the time...silent treatment, stuff like that...

passive? i have no idea if you're mad or not...but i know 3 months from now you're gonna blow up on me over the night i mentioned that your spaghetti needed a bit more sauce with it...and you've built it up to a boil...

aggressive comes off as the sexiest though...but that's just me...

i was married to a passive aggressive woman and that's all she was...all the time...it got annoying.

i was dating a girl recently and she was aggressive...most all of the time...it got annoying.

i've chased and been chased...i prefer to chase...in the beginning at least...then when we're together- i'd rather she chase me...
 singleagain66
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/31/2010 6:49:11 AM
Well I will say that for me and thats I can do with a woman who does chase but when I allow her to catch me am looking for the long hual because I don't play games. And I find that alot of female will chase a guy in some cases but then they after awhile break camp and leave and the guy can be all she looking for. So overall it comes down to the guy and what he learns about that female and what kinda overal character she has as well as how she thinks.
 padman57
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/31/2010 7:08:16 AM
To me, clingy means having to spend every waking moment in your presence. I don't like it one bit. I need plenty of "alone" time.

I don't mind pursuing, so long as the pursuee doesn't object to being caught. I avoid exercises in futility.

I find it very flattering to be pursued. I like it. A lot.

One can be assertive and agressive without being overly so. I don't mind a woman who lets me know what her expectations are. In fact, it's a bit refreshing (too many hidden agendas). If it has to be her way all the time, I elect for the highway.
 GotAHubCapDiamondStarHalo
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/31/2010 7:15:58 AM
"Clinginess" is a direct result of getting too sweaty on the blow-up doll!!
 whatzyerpoint
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/31/2010 7:43:35 AM
"static clinginess" is when you rub the blow up sex doll on your hair and attempt to stick her to the wall for convenient storage.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2010 7:53:28 AM
The variations in interpretations of the words you are using is all this is about. If "clingy" means "likes to hold hands a lot", some guys will like that. When it means "panicking every time the guy looks at something other than her," it's rather unpleasant.
The subject has been gone over and over on all these words, so review old threads, and you'll find your answers.
 gardentree
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/31/2010 7:54:26 AM
Well these gals seem to like inflation in there clingness ....

OT depends on what is meant by clingy OP. Too much can be taken badly, but some is ok. Likewise with a lot of other behaviours. Agressive/assertive good, depends on how its done as much as the frequence.
 mr.evil
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/31/2010 8:56:37 AM
OP all the terms you use, subjective. Depending on how most of them are applied.

For me, OK here it is: agressive can be attractive, so can affectionate, the lesser form of clingyness. Passive women make me yawn. Chase or chased means nothing, if I like someone, I chase, I expect the same from her.

As for passive-aggressive, nah-uh, no way. Sorry, this always ends badly. They won't answer your phone calls, for some imagined slight, blow things out of proportion, due to insecurity. They don't know how to fight, always bringing in somethings that happened 5 or 6 months ago, that they did not like, to control the fight. I like a woman who, when upset, brings it up right away, so we can deal with it, and put it behind us, not one who harbors anger.

Clingy, in it's worst form, stems from insecurity also. I expect you had a life before me, I'll expect you to have one when with me. So I won't ask you, to account for all your time, and expect the same. If I tell you, I'm going to be busy, I don't expect you to call me, on some pretense, just to check up.

I guess, it's insecure women, I'm really not a big fan of.
 Delete_Me_Please
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/31/2010 9:18:02 AM
I would expect "clingy" to be on most guys' top ten list of qualities they DON'T want so maybe your exes were interpreting it to mean "affectionate."
 somephxguy
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/31/2010 9:43:20 AM

So my question is, would you go for a clingy girl?

No. I have associated too many negative things with the word clingy.
I don't know what associations you have for the term.
But it seems to be an extreme.
I only go for relatively (to me) normal girls.

Would you rather chase her, or would you rather be chased?

Neither.

Do you prefer girl who's aggressive, passive-aggressive, assertive or passive?

None of the above. Or it depends on the girl and how she defines it.
I would not prefer any of those if it is based on a third party (whose judgment I trust) called her any of those.

Wait a minute.
Do you mean if those were the only choices available and I had a gun to my head?

So if the only option was for a clingy woman, I would go for her.
If the only options were to chase or be chased I would choose to be chased.
If the only options were aggressive, passive-aggressive, assertive, or passive then I would choose a clingy woman that chases me that is passive.

Thankfully I live in the real world which makes those choices purely hypothetical and absolutely meaningless without anything defining the behavior associated with the terms.
 chameleonf
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2010 9:48:41 AM
"Clingy" used as a term at it's worst (someone who won't let you take a breath without them in your face) I'm sure has it's place for an equally insecure individual who requires someone to cling to them. So, although I'd say the majority of men don't like a clingy woman of this kind, there are certainly those men who require it to make their own world turn.
 Ependa
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/31/2010 10:02:01 AM
My experience .. guys I am around are good if you're clingy in bed only and only literally vs. figuratively ;-) Which suits me fine. There is something fairly sexy about the chase...but that doesn't require the woman to be passive. Assertive is the best of those 4. Passive-aggressive the worst. It's all personal preference though.
 Commonsens
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/31/2010 10:09:52 AM
It's all about the how much clingy. (Clingy: too dependent on the company or emotional support of the other person)

Like anything, it depends on the 'level': either it coud be a little, moderatly or way too much.

I had one Serious GF (we where living together) that was so much overboard 'clingy' that it was suffocating! I ended that relationship for several reasons: Even if I was spending all of my time with her, going everywhere with her, when it came to the point that I had zero time for myself at all (ever! for anything!) , had to stop doing things I love to do but that she can't do with me for several reasons (skydiving and diving) , that, at home, she was even always in the same room that I was all the time (could not even take a shower alone!), and if I was at work get zillions of mesages per day: I could not function anymore, could not breath anymore: suffocating completly!

In her case: she was an extreme 'clingy'.

Whould anyone want an extreme assertive partner?
Whould anyone want an exteme aggressive pertner?
Whould anyone want an extreme jealous partner?

No, because ANY extremes (too much and even none at all) denote a deep psychological problem; and the person looking for those extremes also have psychological problems, generaly to the invert of that tendant. (ex: someone who is looking for an extreme assertive have insecurities or power trip problems)

A little or moderatly (of anything) is great on the other hand, because it shows that this person care about you and also it add a little 'pimento' to the relationship.
 Pondering the Circle.....
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/31/2010 10:17:29 AM

"do you like clingy women?"

Nope.

aggressive

Yep.

passive-aggressive

Nope.

Would you rather chase her, or would you rather be chased?

I am seeking a mutually created head-on collision.

Be honest about your answer

Okay.
 lionheart101364
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2010 10:46:00 AM
wow this is second thing you put down that is very telling of who you are. When someone broadcast something like this I know right off who you are. Clingy fits perfect with what you wrote down before. Everyone RUUUUUUUNNNNN at lest the guys should.
 luckyhot777s
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/31/2010 11:55:08 AM
I don't care to chase, don't mind initiating, but not chase, I feel it lowers me....I value myself ...

I prefer if two people feel there is potential, just be adults and meet mutually....I don't like games.

When in a romance I like an aggresive woman, and switching roles...and who allows me to be aggresive at times to...why stick to one thing? that could be a bore.

I show a lot of love, I like to be shown a lot of love....I like cuddling, laying together, etc...on a daily basis...

But clingy to me is like they are glued to you all the time.....the specialness of being close, could lose some of its luster if people cling together all the time...

Lets just say, I like a woman who can easily show her feelings, and likes to get close regularly, but realises we need some space now and then, and leave it at that.

Hey, you have to get a way a little to be able to miss each other....
 cinsav
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/31/2010 12:03:20 PM
I like a little clinginess to be perfectly honest. Not overly done to the point I feel smoothered, but a little clinginess reinforces to me that I'm who she truly wants.

I don't chase. It's a waste of time. If I have to chase you then either A. you're too immature for my taste, or B. you're not THAT interested in me and thus I don't have to the energy or the time to waste trying to convince you of my awesomeness. LOL.

But, seriously - chase? Screw that. I'm 37 not 17 - you're either interested or you're not. If you are, we can talk and see where it goes. If you're not, great, good luck to you!
 clint0p0
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/31/2010 1:10:14 PM
Clingy and Dingy sounds like one in the same.
 colt8301
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/31/2010 1:28:54 PM
So my question is, would you go for a clingy girl? Would you rather chase her, or would you rather be chased? Do you prefer girl who's aggressive, passive-aggressive, assertive or passive? Be honest about your answer.

Never had a clingy woman, probably never will. I'm a thinker and sometimes that requires going off "alone" to figure it out uninterrupted.

The women I were involved with in the past were hybrids of all the qualities you mention, they know when to use each one.
 packagedealx3
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2010 3:46:45 PM
As someone else noted, clingy behavior is tolerable when you are into the person. It is undesirable if you are not and many clingy people engage in stalking.

I think most men/women like a balanced person who wants to do things for them that are appropriate given the length and depth of association but don't want someone that is more like an intrusion than positive addition to their lives. It isn't tough to figure out when someone doesn't want you around.
 kpooks
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2010 6:52:53 PM
I dunno...what does she look like? Seriously, though...

Too much cling and I lose respect for her. Too much independence and I don't think she needs me at all. Somewhere in between those two extremes is what I like.
 DIVISION77
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/31/2010 7:24:24 PM
There is nothing worse than a Stage 5 Clinger.

That's a woman who is borderline stalker material.

You give her your IM and she is leaving several messages per day even before you've spoken to her.

You give her your number and she's left several voicemails before you've even had the chance to speak.

If you invite her to your place, there's a good chance she'll be back later after a breakup to confront you and your new love interest.

Do not get involved with a Clinger.

NYCman530
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2010 7:47:41 PM
If you mean clingy as in not giving me space and wanting to be around me 24-7, I'd say no. If you meant clingy as displaying affection, whether it be in public or private, I'd say yes. As far as agressive, passive, passive-aggressive, and assertive are concerned, I'd pick assertive. As far as chasing and being chased, I think it should be done in a subtle way, not being too obvious which only displays neediness. The man and woman need to detect signals from each other, which isn't always easy.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do guys like clingy women?