Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Quebec  > Just a quick question      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 pomolive
Msg: 1
Just a quick questionPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
for you guys.

why is it in your profile you state you have blond hair. or brown hair or black hair and you have a picture posted of yourself and your hair is, if not totally grey a good part of it grey.don't you think we woman can see!!!!!lol do you think we are coloured blind.....

just curious as to why you do this.
 janedoe16
Msg: 2
Just a quick question
Posted: 2/3/2010 4:11:51 AM
probably for the same reason they say average weight and they obviously are a little on the chubby side but wouldn't dream of saying a couple of extra pounds like EGO
 pomolive
Msg: 3
Just a quick question
Posted: 2/3/2010 7:45:53 PM
How can it be EGO we can see on their face pict the colour of their hair......
 janedoe16
Msg: 4
Just a quick question
Posted: 2/4/2010 4:24:38 AM
when someone does the comb-over...you don't think they think they are fooling us.Delusional absolutely but people do live in their own make believe land.If their ego won't accept aging or realities of something about their looks they will deny it and believe we don't see it.Just my two cents.
 Wottacatch™
Msg: 5
Just a quick question
Posted: 2/4/2010 3:38:32 PM
If someone gives you a penny for their thoughts and you put your two cents in...Is someone making a penny????
 janedoe16
Msg: 6
Just a quick question
Posted: 2/4/2010 4:25:23 PM
If they give me a penny for my thoughts and I give them my two cents they are up a penny.But I still haven't given them my thoughts so depends[and I don't mean the diaper style things]if they are still wanting my thoughts or my two cents.My head hurts can we stop this?
 TravelingLight
Msg: 7
Just a quick question
Posted: 2/4/2010 5:19:27 PM
If I throw my 2 cents in, it means I'm throwing it in a pool of money. Not giving it to someone particular, so I guess the trick is to grab the stash first. And I got the first penny.
 Joe_Lip
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Just a quick question
Posted: 2/4/2010 5:23:50 PM
I agree on the hair thing. Tell the truth after all if you are going to meet that person they will see it. Even the ones they post there photos of 20 years ago. Hellooooooo
you think they wont notic the diffrence?

On the other hand why is it that most ladies say they are looking for a good man when what they really want is a good looking man... LOL

What did I get myself into here. LOL a penny two cents how about 2 bits..

Have a good one peoples.
 janedoe16
Msg: 9
Just a quick question
Posted: 2/4/2010 5:47:12 PM
true for some women but I think most woman are looking for a good man but obviously there must be attraction and that is not necessarily needing the guy to be good looking...attraction is a complicated thing no?
 Joe_Lip
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Just a quick question
Posted: 2/5/2010 7:05:56 PM
I think you hit the nail on the head ( janedoe16) COMPLICATION
but why does it have to be like that???
I met a few ladies on here and went out with them only to find that the photo they had on the site was not what they look like today. LOL
I am on the heavy side and thats the first thing I tell them before meeting after all unless she is blind LOL she is bound to see it...

Have a nice weekend
Joe :o)
 janedoe16
Msg: 11
Just a quick question
Posted: 2/6/2010 5:42:50 AM
why does it have to be a complication? ....you never talked with a lady that was kind, intelligent,....but in your mind thought why can't I be attracted to her ?
Maybe it was simply because she had a annoying laugh, a gruff voice, ate like she came from the zoo,maybe just that mole on her nose with a long black hair growing out of it.Whatever the reason this "thing or "things" about the other person that you find unappealing add 10 or 20 years of having to deal with it and then you will realize why it's complicated.
Why men date a brain dead woman that is gorgeous?When their friends hear her talk and look at him like where was she when brains were given out?They all know ya but look at her .Then think lucky guy.But most woman[I know not all but much more then men].Will do the reverse a very attractive woman will date a unattractive man and when her friends look at her wondering which monkey at the zoo he is related to?she says ya but he is so intelligent, kind......
Basically way more woman dismiss the physical looks if the character of the guy is worth it but not many men consider that when dating.Therefore being witness to this injustice maybe...just maybe more women are insisting men higher the bar for themselves saying if I gained 40 pounds no one would look at me so I want a stud.
 Commonsens
Msg: 12
Just a quick question
Posted: 2/25/2010 5:35:54 PM
is it in the same line as women using colorant for their hair?
Or like the one who contacted me last week: profile says 39...bones, cartilage and skin movement indicate +50!
Or the usual Minus 5-10-15 and in some case 30 pound LESS that most women (it seams) post on their profile versus reality?
What about silicon and botox...ROFL!

Yeah, we can go on years on that. I always say to all: "you are shooting yourself in the foot if you "mislabel" yourself", but Ok a little variation can happen, photos are not always a good reflection and there is weeks we are more active then others....

Been apx 10 years on this site: Not a SINGLE time, not ONCE did I had a pleasant surprise (better then advertised) and I can count on ONE hand the times when they where the SAME as they advertised.
 111Enigma
Msg: 13
Just a quick question
Posted: 2/27/2010 1:27:01 PM
^^^ [Been apx 10 years on this site: /]
Happy anniversary?

OP: I believe guys do this to state the color of their hair before turning grey. No harm done if you actually see the pic.

But if they would say 'black hair' , show you pics of them with black hair, and show up to meet you with a full head of white hair...well then yes, it's a problem. And it does happen all the time with men and women. Old pics are usually to blame.

P.A.
 notjustatokenman
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Just a quick question
Posted: 1/13/2011 1:02:05 PM
In my case, there is no way to describe my hair colour/style with the choices listed. I have "some" grey hair, but mostly brown hair, I'm not bald but thinning in certain areas, and I keep it short. If you can find a description other than "mixed color," then I'd like to see it. Mixed color would also describe someone who has a ton of hair and has added blue streaks! It would take exactly four seconds to add choices to the drop-down menu in the 'edit profile' section, but then, look at how long it is taking to put a forums link on the main page or fix the spelling mistakes prevalent on this site. It's not a lying issue, it's a limited choice issue. Who cares anyhow, I'll talk about it in my profile, or tell her about it when we chat. Besides, ever hear of 'Just for Men'. Makes a wonderful gift idea.

Peace
 commonsens_reloaded
Msg: 15
Just a quick question
Posted: 8/15/2011 9:43:44 AM
Does women dyes their hairs? Does that make them evil and trying to nefariously hide something?
 pomolive
Msg: 16
Just a quick question
Posted: 8/21/2011 8:42:43 PM
no one ever said "evil".......but if your grey say grey..or mixed colour.or whatever it is at its present time!
 thenewMrRight
Msg: 17
Just a quick question
Posted: 8/22/2011 6:13:21 AM
Well its because the men who do this are trying to make themselves better than what they are. Mostly because people on this sight or superficial. This whole sight is set up that way. If a hidious looking person puts a pic of themselves in their profile, how many people are going to click it? As apposed to a sexy pic of sombody else?

This sight defies logic, mostly because if your good looking, smart, witty, funny, chances are you arn't single and on here. And thats what everybody apparently wants.

Its the same reason half the women on here take a downward angle face shot, a so they show off their clevage making it look bigger than it really is, and b so they look really skinny, when in reality they are over weight. Of course, they put average body type, or athletic, or my favorite is prefer not to say.... Because the woman with the six pack abs that has been working out super hard to get, isn't going to boast about it....

In short, its all about deception, lying, and missleading people on this sight. Its the cold hard truth. Everyone does it, its human nature to want to put your best foot forward and make a good first impression. I hope that answered yourquestion..
 commonsens_reloaded
Msg: 18
Just a quick question
Posted: 8/22/2011 9:13:21 AM
Pomolive, you might not remember me, but I do remember you...

Who said "evil" ? YOU did:
<div class="quote">Guys... do you think we are coloured blind....just curious as to why you do this.

so not only generalizing the gender (is the use of "SOME guys" been banned or something?), but by stating that this way, you imply voluntary deception and lie from the person who did.

Now, to reverse your question, if a woman has some grey hairs but dyes them, what color should she put on her own profile? grey? other? "temporary" "partial" ? will that be considered, if using the same standards applied to men, as deceptive and lies?

I see where you come from. from a full black set of hair to be completely grey (or bald) is a whole matter, and I agree with you wholeheartedly; and that it is a minority (some and not all) who does that.
 blotwoday
Msg: 19
Just a quick question
Posted: 8/25/2011 4:26:30 PM
I "see" what you mean about this "sight" but don't know if it has anything to do with this site.
AH! What has happened to grammar?
 pomolive
Msg: 20
Just a quick question
Posted: 8/27/2011 11:12:14 AM
Pomolive, you might not remember me, but I do remember you...
and this means what??????/ your point being??????

I know of you yes your ID is almost the same as it used to be.
but what does it have to do with this post??

Since I see only men's profiles and pictures I was addressing them.......I'm sure women dye their hair and say what ever colour it is,,,,,,,,.but that wasn't my point..... on a profile in the catagory hair colour they say black,,,,,,,,but in their picture it shows grey.......why do that.the pict.shows it grey then say "haircolour' grey......or whatever colour it is not what colour it used to be.......
 JimiHendrinks57
Msg: 21
Just a quick question
Posted: 9/5/2011 5:32:43 PM
Same reason women put "A Few Extra Pounds" when if fact it can plainly be seen that they are obese. My advice to women who actually are only, a few extra pounds should say "Average" or "Athletic".
 pomolive
Msg: 22
Just a quick question
Posted: 9/9/2011 3:04:34 PM
why? if they are carrying a few extra lbs. why not say so...how can they say Athletic? being over weight or carrying extra weight is ....not.Athletic....
 CarKam1
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Just a quick question
Posted: 9/14/2011 7:05:05 AM
Wow, tough crowd!

I'm just wondering why people have the need to refer to other people as ugly in the general sense. What may be unattractive to you is attractive to another - physically I don't think people can be labelled as ugly or attractive. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But I do think that somebody can be ugly in their nature of being. Like purposely going out of their way to insult someone on the way they look when most of the time it can't be helped. Way to contribute to low self-esteem!

As far as the physical attribute debate; I put on my profile that I am a few pounds over weight because I in no way consider myself to be obese. I do however stipulate in my profile that a few pounds does not equal small girl with cute belly. So I am honest, why? Because why would I want to date someone who is not attracted to my body type? First off it would never get passed the first date if I misled anyone and second off it's a waste of everyones time. There are men out there that don't mind a chubby girl and I personally think I have a great personality and I don't find that I am "ugly" so why would I attempt to false advertise my goods? The problem isn't that men who don't find me attractive are shallow, the problem is that I would have absolutely no self-respect for myself or respect for those men if I wasn't honest about who I am.

As far as the hair issue is concerned...who cares. My hair color changes everytime I go to the hairdresser. Possibly the pics were taken after the "just for men" application and you caught him on his off week. Does anyone complain about the "beautiful" movie stars and rock stars out there that are airbrushed in magazines and plastered with make-up? No, It's just us down to earth folk that are the most critical of each other - trying to live up to expectations of people that personally don't give a damn and forgot you even existed the second their eyes skimmed your profile pic.

Have respect for yourself and others. Stop with the labels of this person is ugly and this person is hot. Ever heard the song "She aint pretty she just looks that way..."....
 JimiHendrinks57
Msg: 24
Just a quick question
Posted: 9/15/2011 7:32:45 PM
This is how a guy will interpret what you write:

Healthy and Athletic: 15 lbs overweight

loves animals: has 20+ cats

free spirit: might be slutty, aka a potential random hook up

I’m a caring woman: plain looking, over 40, bakes banana bread

Intelligent is sexy: ugly

Girls Just wanna have fun: chubby over-weight sorority chick

To have a chance with me: high maintenance,full of themselves
 CarKam1
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Just a quick question
Posted: 9/15/2011 7:40:18 PM
What's wrong with banana bread? I make mine with chocolate chips ;)
Show ALL Forums  > Quebec  > Just a quick question