Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > RV Singles - new to RVing      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Gideon_70
Msg: 1
view profile
History
RV Singles - new to RVingPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Hello everyone. I'm new to the RV and camping lifestyle, and wondered if any others have decided to throw caution to the wind and hop in a big rolling gashog and explore the US. My personal plans are to do a bug circuit of the US, starting with Florida, then to Boston, then to Montana and south to Arizona, then across I40 to Littlerock and the Diamond Mine State Park. Then, when I'm tired and out of money, my plans are to return to Florida and rest until next year.

What about you?
 mariacba
Msg: 2
view profile
History
RV Singles - new to RVing
Posted: 2/8/2010 1:52:35 PM
I've never done a trip like this. It sounds wonderful.
I guess that you have to take care of yourself .By this I mean, ask the locals for safe place to stop at and don't stay in isolated places. That's what I do when I travel .-
All the best to you. You surely are going to discover wonderful places and people.
regards
maria
 redi2roam
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2010 2:39:20 PM
Gideon 70, you will have had such an incredible experience by the time you get back to Florida! I lived in a motorhome for 2 years and it was the experience of a lifetime. I didn't have an itinerary like you, just went where the wind blew but it didn't lessen the experience. The people, places, scenery and sharing stories with other rvers along the way.........in one word, wonderful! I hope you will continue to post on POF as you embark on your journey. Happy Trails!!!
 crazy4mars
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/17/2010 3:44:42 AM
That sounds wonderful...I have met a few people who have traveled all over the US and Canada in an RV. One person belonged to Thousand Trails and stayed for 2 wks at a time in their parks. Another person stayed for free in National Parks by being a volunteer camp host. One couple I know hits the road every summer for a month and makes the relative circuit. You could also go to all the baseball parks and watch games and tailgate...that would be fun. The possibilities are endless. Enjoy.
 GregIsHere
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2010 1:36:00 PM
I took off at the end of October and returned home in the middle of December. I live in Austin, Texas and went to Florida first then up to Atlanta. It was a fabulous trip and it would have been cost prohibitive except I was pulling my bed, pillow and kitchen behind me.

One of the nicest places I stayed was the Hannah Park Campground owned by the city of Jacksonville Florida. The park sits right on the Atlantic and even had the treat of watching the Blue Angles perform while I was there. In Atlanta I stayed at the Stone Mountain Campground which is fabulous.

My 4 legged girlfriend Chloe loves to travel and how many hotels have real problems with pets. It is not a problem at all with her in my camper.

This fall I will head toward California and the Pacific and another month and a half to 2 months on the road.
 Gideon_70
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2010 6:41:07 PM
Thank you!

I purchased the RV a few days ago. Unfortunately I was unable to buy the big 25K model I wanted, and settled for a more reasonable 4500.00 model I could pay cash for. It's in decent shape, fully remodeled inside, and needed some engine tweaks and cosmetic repairs.

Today, I put a new carb on it, and a new sset of gaskets, and now it runs and smells a LOT better. Tomorrow I plan to repair the generator and get it up and ready to go.

I'm really looking forward to getting out and going. I'm going to go voluteer to camp watch at two places in the next three weeks or so to work out the bugs and get acclimated to sleeping in a biog mobile box. I'll let you know how it works out.
 Gideon_70
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2010 6:43:05 PM
If you ever make it back to Daytona, stop at the Tomoka State Park just outside of the town of Ormond Beach. The facilities are great, they are 27.00 and 1/2 that for seniors and disabled, and they have lots of trails to play on, good showers, and friendly staff.
 tomkylibritt
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2010 9:11:29 AM
Hi Gedeon, have been traveling since 2000. Still want to see all the states.
I got tired of traveling by my self, hoping to find someone this summer to help me drive.
There is a singles group called Lowners on Wheels that travel together. I have been several places with them.
 FrugalFrog
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2010 1:47:58 PM
Try "Loners on wheels"...
 topbrass1960
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2011 1:52:42 AM
That is exactly what I did. I bought a 40: Prevost luxury coach and I'm going to hit the road. It was always my dream but not my wife's dream. Since the marriage is over and I'm done working I felt now is as good of time as any. I'm seeking a friemd and someone to share expenses. If interested check my profile out I added pictures of the coach it has plenty of room for two. I'm just out of a 25 marriage and it would not be fair to either of us to jump right back in. But if your willing to throw caution to the wind and hit the road with a friend I'm the one. You never know where a friendship will lead but it's a great place to start.
 Hastingsguy426
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/15/2012 9:44:18 AM
Hello from Tugaske, SK Canada. This is my second RV adventure since retirement. I down sized from a class A to a B. Much better on fuel and no problem driving in the city and finding parking. It is nice to have wifi just about every place now to keep in touch. I'll be heading South from here into the USA. ND, SD, NE them EAST through all states to NY State then back into Canada (Toronto) for most of the summer.
I think this forum is a good idea and I hope to make lots of new friends along the road less travelled.
Bee Safe.
Brad
 somekinda_wonderful
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2012 7:05:51 PM
jealous, jealous ... I could do short vacations alone, but would probley go a bit goofy long term, its tuff playing "I spy" by yourself ... have fun everyone and stay safe
 Scorpiolady8
Msg: 13
Posted: 6/20/2012 6:50:55 AM
My friend in the US does this every year,he has a fifth wheel and at present is camping in upstate NY,this to me is the only way to see the USA and if I had someone honest who would drive and share expenses I would happily join them.
 Ursushtr
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 6/20/2012 7:36:02 PM
You might find this website useful.

http://www.freecampgrounds.com/
 Razzmatazz!
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2012 3:28:42 AM
Hello

I just bought a smaller new motorhome and I love this lifestyle too!

Brenda
 Gadabout
Msg: 16
Posted: 8/12/2012 10:26:51 AM
So, how is it going in the RV so far? I bought to big and it limits where I can stop. But I can survive without any connections for 7 to 10 days.
 chazzc1980
Msg: 17
Posted: 8/14/2012 9:18:59 AM
I'm actually planning a cross country trip myself, wanting to visit all the National Parks out west. However I car camp and backpack, sleeping in a tent or in a jungle hammock. It can be quite the experience and very enjoyable.
 tuloa942
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/15/2012 7:55:52 PM
My brother is currently full-timing and has looped the US twice in the past two years. He follows the good weather with side trips to site-see. He's the one that turned me onto the idea. I have my "perfect" motor home picked out, a used 2005 Winnebago Vectra 40FD. The layout is more like a small apartment so it doesn't look or feel like you're living in a bus. But I've also seen a few other brands of motor homes that would work with a little remodeling. If I'm going to live in it full time, I want it to look and feel like a home. Granted, a large vehicle can be a little unwieldy but that's what having a "toad" car is for, to get into the small areas to site-see.

Right now, it's still a dream but I have hope for the future.
 aonewayst
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2012 3:37:36 AM
Hi
Sounds like great fun. I fulltimed several years back and loved it. Would love to do it again.
Jeanie
 4Enchantment
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/20/2012 11:25:05 AM
I' ve been thinking of this myself. Pls keep us updated on POF. Good luck!
 cuddliciouskisses
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/12/2012 1:05:57 PM
thanks for sharing ?????????
 saskatchewangirl101
Msg: 22
Posted: 11/14/2012 4:10:11 AM
rv'ing full time is also my dream. i purchased a 84 vanguard 31' class a a few years ago.it was a forward purchase for me...so when the time is ready i am off down a new road not yet travelled. until than have been doing small trips and even time spent at seasonal site....would enjoy chatting with people that are involved in this...will check the loners site also...thanks for all your info
 Hastingsguy426
Msg: 23
Posted: 12/9/2012 6:12:33 PM
Hello count me in too. I just moved to Edmonchuck, AB and rented a nice (and warm) apartment for the winter. Looking forward to making new friends here and winter exploring. I even landed a job here bending wrenches on aircraft. We'll see how it goes but, I am looking forward to exploring the area.....as it get warmer...lol
Brad
 afishtokeep
Msg: 24
Posted: 4/3/2013 4:25:30 PM
So are you rving
 afishtokeep
Msg: 25
Posted: 4/3/2013 6:46:43 PM
So where did u travel?
Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > RV Singles - new to RVing