Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > My Success Story      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SweetTreat
Msg: 1
view profile
History
My Success Story Page 1 of 1    
I joined POF back in early 2004. I didn't join looking for a relationship but rather just to enjoy the forums. I ended up chatting with a poster named Feral on here in the forums and liked what he was about. But considering he lived over 2000 miles away in another country (me in Canada and him in the US) I didn't think much of it. However, forum discussions turned into private chats, private chats turned into phone calls and finally we met in person. The sparks were there. We travelled back and forth between Canada and the US for 2 years and sustained a committed long distance relationship during this time. He moved up here to Canada, and we have been married since December 2007.

So yes, POF can work as good as any other way of meeting someone. You just have to make the choice to treat it that way. Goodluck to everyone searching.

akhkhuru
Msg: 2
view profile
History
My Success Story
Posted: 3/26/2010 2:20:59 PM
Congrats, I'm happy for you!
 Praetorian55
Msg: 3
view profile
History
My Success Story
Posted: 5/3/2010 3:11:55 PM
I'm getting a feeling this is an "The Proposal" situation. I'm sending over an immigration agent at once.

jk

Congrats. And Canada cheated us in Hockey and for that I'm boycotting your bacon. :P
 CynthiaMw
Msg: 4
My Success Story
Posted: 5/4/2010 8:57:00 PM
Thank you for posting! I especially love hearing successful LDR stories since my fishie and I have been doing a monthly 3000 mile commute for 7 months now. Gawd I hope it doesn't turn into 2 years!

Congratulations and many happy years together!
 82PINAY
Msg: 5
My Success Story
Posted: 5/26/2010 12:03:16 AM
Congratulations.. to all who found love and live together,,me too loves to read LDR stories, since i found mine here too,this year,2010, we've been talking for a month, email, and a lil phone calls by me,,lol..then we disappeared for a month each other, he tried to other women and i tried mine to other men,, so i hide my profile to others ,,but it didnt work for me , so i came back, to this site and unhide my profile, then suddenly i have an email from him, so i emailed him back asking him" you still here?" not found what your looking for yet?and since then weve emailing each other for a few times i enjoyed talking with him ,he makes me smile , he loves what i love and likes vise versa and we both love going club dancing,, so we decided to meet finally ,, and luckily we did coz we both feel that we have a connection each other,, i dont have a good car to travel to see him so he came to see me,, and i fall in love with him and as he does to me too,weve been dating for 3 months now ,, and i love and enjoyed being with him,, and we both hoping that someday we will be together and forever,,
So my advise, dont give up hope and just be true to yourself ,,, he will find you or you will find him,,,,
justoutder and loveyamore...
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > My Success Story