Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Apparently Im too hairy!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 traceymx5
Msg: 1
Apparently Im too hairy!Page 1 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
I went on a date on wednesday and we had chatted on the phone few days before and got on really well. anyway date was full of kisses and hand holding and today I get told its because i had a little hair on my chin and that put him off kissing me and thats all he could think about. I wax it off and am blonde/redhead too and he also mentioned about my eyebrows needing to be shaped as well. I made a real effort as I always do and this is the first time anything personal has been said about me and I have been on dates before and no problem.

I cant believe it as i have had boyfriends before who loved the way i looked.
I am very pretty i have been told.
i have no hormone imbalance as i had a blood test the other week and it was normal.
I thought it really shallow of him to say that.
 Jewlsey*
Msg: 2
Apparently Im too hairy!
Posted: 3/26/2010 1:22:35 PM
OMG - good riddance to bad rubbish. Imagine if you actually dated him and fell for him? This is the type of man who will constantly chip at your self esteem until you're a shell of the person you were when you first met him. Furthermore, when someone is that critical, it's about his own insecurities and issues. He did hold hands and kiss, after all and suddenly he's put off? consider yourself lucky that you're not dating him. Bad news kind of guy!
 briargate
Msg: 3
Apparently Im too hairy!
Posted: 3/26/2010 1:26:57 PM
You missed the weak sauce breakup line thread. This would fit there nicely. Ha ha ha.

Yes, it's apparently a little known fact that women actually have the same amount of facial hair that men do, it just happens to be really, really thin. Angelic, almost. You need really good backlighting to see it properly. While you are at it, one can complain about the size of a woman's pores, each infinitesimal wrinkle, and blemish. Fun!

Well, you found yourself and extra picky fellah! Hopefully the door didn't impart too much of a bruise to his azz when he left.
 traceymx5
Msg: 4
Apparently Im too hairy!
Posted: 3/26/2010 1:28:01 PM
I know its mad. anyway life goes on and i am happy as I am at the moment.
I would never say anything critical to a man like that.
Apparently Im too hairy!
Posted: 3/26/2010 1:33:49 PM
sounds like he doesn't want to see you again. dunno if you asked him for reasons, but if you did, there's a lesson - when someone wants to let you go, never ask why.
 forumfishie
Msg: 6
Apparently Im too hairy!
Posted: 3/26/2010 1:41:19 PM
You met the "hair nazy"
You have chin hair................no more date for you!

Oh dear! Did you ask him why? or he just volunteered the info?
Was he a total metrosexual? Everything was manicured?
or he is just one of those people who demand in others what they don't have in themselves?

You are better off!
If he is this picky on the first date I can just imagine a few months into it (if you survive the daily criticism)

Everybody has chin hair, even if it is blond and fine.
Wait until he starts getting nose and ear hair, he is going to freak out!
 Sabrosura089
Msg: 7
Apparently Im too hairy!
Posted: 3/26/2010 1:42:59 PM
Good riddance! This sounds like the kind of man that seeks a TROPHY and perfection!!!

Keep fishing, OP.
 traceymx5
Msg: 8
Apparently Im too hairy!
Posted: 3/26/2010 1:55:54 PM
I asked him why he did not want to see me. And i got the truth so there you go. I will not ask in future ha ha.
He was no oil painting either but he seemed to have a nice personality at first.
He also asked me on the date whether I shaved under my arms!
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Apparently Im too hairy!
Posted: 3/26/2010 1:56:24 PM
I've known critical, overly perfectionistic men like him, only worse. I know one who keeps making his girlfriend get plastic surgery, and he pays for it. So far he's gotten her a boob job because he thought her breasts were too small. Next, he got her chin lipo because her double chin bothered him. Now he's talking about wanting to get her thigh lipo. He claims she was happy to go along with it, but I have to wonder how long it's going to be before she finally gets fed up with him and dumps his sorry azz.
 forumfishie
Msg: 10
Apparently Im too hairy!
Posted: 3/26/2010 1:57:59 PM
He wanted to know about your armpits?
OMG! He had a thing for hair....less!

Well, It's never a good idea to ask why, right?
You asked for it.

Good Luck with the next one!
 JRodriguez81
Msg: 11
Apparently Im too hairy!
Posted: 3/26/2010 2:04:49 PM
People are always b*tching about not getting a response or someone ignoring them after a date, and them wanting at LEAST an answer as to WHY they arent interested.

HEY.....AT LEAST this guy gave an HONEST answer, right?!?
 RushLuv
Msg: 12
Apparently Im too hairy!
Posted: 3/26/2010 2:05:16 PM
Oh well. He seems to have a preference for hairless women, which is just fine. I guess he doesn't want an ounce of hair any where.
 TheyCallMeAngie
Msg: 13
Apparently Im too hairy!
Posted: 3/26/2010 2:08:57 PM
Wow... What a man... NOT

Well he clearly seeks perfection, good luck to him.

But better luck to you! :)

Angie
 JRodriguez81
Msg: 14
Apparently Im too hairy!
Posted: 3/26/2010 2:10:34 PM
So because he doesnt dig how "hairy" he feels that she is.....he seeks "perfection?"

He has his own preferences, just like anyone else.

come on now.
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Apparently Im too hairy!
Posted: 3/26/2010 2:17:26 PM

Wow... What a man... NOT

so the answer shows this person was actually a woman in drag?

your woman's 'intuition' at work here, i think.
 ~rain~
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Apparently Im too hairy!
Posted: 3/26/2010 2:51:22 PM
Tracey,

You are a very pretty girl. But there was something that didnt click with this guy.

Its not your fault, It doesnt make him a bad person. The sparks didnt fly and when you asked him why this was, he gave you his reason.

It happens with both genders, You shouldnt let it get to you. ( I know! easier said then done) after all, we all have this foolish pride and we dont take criticism well.

Now the things that he told you bothers him.....can be easily dealt with...You can wax, sugar, pluck, laser....there are a kazillion things you can do...So you might consider doing them. If not, thats ok too, You are not perfect, but to someone out there you will be perfect for them. Thats all that matters..

cheers
 111Enigma
Msg: 17
Apparently Im too hairy!
Posted: 3/26/2010 2:55:03 PM
Msg 6:

Wait until he starts getting nose and ear hair, he is going to freak out!

Funny that came to mind right away.

OP: You are a good looking woman. It's good that you found out right away before you invested/wasted anymore of your time with this overly picky man. Looks like he was fishing for a reason...

Better luck with the next one.

P.A.
 dave878
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Apparently Im too hairy!
Posted: 3/26/2010 3:36:38 PM
Some guys are just better cut out for Ms Inflatable. He'll probably spend the rest of his life shopping for someone who looks just like all the rubbish videos he's seen and end his days wondering where all those "real" girls went. Another lucky escape: move on and find a guy who prefers flesh & blood to the plastic look.

And keep those eyebrows as nature intended, ladies; real eyebrows are HOT!!
 cdnfinanceman
Msg: 19
Apparently Im too hairy!
Posted: 3/26/2010 3:37:00 PM
Youre too hairy for that guy who is looking for perfection, wish him the best of luck and im sure if POF has a reunion 20 years from now, you will be married and happy and he will be bitter and misogynistic and slamming his ham because he couldnt find ms.perfect.

Im not sure why you let this this guy would even bother you, he reminds of a willnot, and a willnot is a sh1tball that doesnt come off a dog's arse.

Kick him to the curb with the rest of the garbage.
 curlygrl
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Apparently Im too hairy!
Posted: 3/26/2010 3:41:53 PM
DO NOT let this fccktrd mess with your
self esteem.

He has the problem-not you so just stop
even thinking about it.

My god- amazing limp dcck excuse.

I'm actually at a loss.

I'm sorry.
Your beautiful.

Screw him.
 she is happy
Msg: 21
Apparently Im too hairy!
Posted: 3/26/2010 4:04:20 PM
A single hair put him off? How can he even see that hair? I am speechless. No wonder so many people are single.
 5sammy
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Apparently Im too hairy!
Posted: 3/26/2010 4:18:22 PM

how does one segue way to asking a question like that? was the topic of discussion: "under-arm hair - gross or liberating?"
 traceymx5
Msg: 23
Apparently Im too hairy!
Posted: 3/26/2010 4:19:35 PM
thanks everyone, no not letting it get to me. I have had many compliments and i do get my eyebrows done etc. I like myself as I am and dont intend to change. Lots of my men friends have told me that i am lovely and that i wont have a problem finding someone nice.

Thankyou all very much for your nice thoughts and comments.
 sweetness-one
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Apparently Im too hairy!
Posted: 3/26/2010 4:20:48 PM
Not only is the guy an a$$, OP, he also doesn't have an ounce of social savvy, either. I mean really, who is that rude to a relative stranger?? Why be mean when it's easier to be kind??? I don't understand people like that; rather than making up a polite "excuse" this guy chose to be intentionally cruel.

But, at least he outted himself early on, so please don't give him another thought from this point.

Besides, you likely dodged a bullet....a guy with that kind of phobia about hair, likely waxes every part of his own body from his armpits to his a$$ and shrieks when a stray gets missed. Ick.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Apparently Im too hairy!
Posted: 3/26/2010 4:21:03 PM

That's a red flag right there - I don't suppose he was totally hairless from the nose down when he showed up either. Pffft.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Apparently Im too hairy!