Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > Meet & Mingle POF Party - 4-10-10 Holiday Inn, Southside Lakeland, Fl      View All Events   Home login  
 AUTHOR
 redstarcookie
Msg: 1
Meet & Mingle POF Party - 4-10-10 Holiday Inn, Southside Lakeland, FloridaPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

MEET & MINGLE PARTY!!!

Come out and meet the local singles of the surrounding area!

If you haven't been to a party, now is the chance to do so!!!

Wear whatever is comfortable as long as you're wearing clothes...

Invite a friend, someone you may have just exchanged a few words with, or someone you have never chatted with before now!!!

Invite your favorites or the one that seems to keep capturing your eye everytime you see their picture...

Perfect time to take a risk by getting out of your comfort zone and coming to the party. You never know what might happen and you just might be pleasantly surprised!!!

So, what are you waiting for? Sign up, remember your POF Bucket list which included bringing your friend(s) and start having some fun with this party!!!

Let's celebrate together and who knows? You may find that special one!

~ Saturday, April 10, 2010 ~
~ 7PM-1:00 AM ~

~ Holiday Inn South ~
~ Lakeland ~

*Join the fun at the "La Dolce Vita Restaurant & Lounge"
*Cover Charge $3 at the door
*POF Food Specials will be offered

* Drink Specials: To Be Announced

*Discounted Room Rates ~ $64.00 plus tax (You must mention POF to get the discount!)

DJ BILL WILL BE PLAYING ALL OUR FAVORITE TUNES -

YOUR HOSTS FOR THE EVENING ARE:
REDSTARCOOKIE & LINDEE

Lindee-1

Redstarcookie

One of our POF members, Babry, will be helping me for the month of April while Lindee is out playing!!

Babry is incognito picture-wise, lol but you will recognize her by her postings!!!

*MAP

View Larger Map

Note - When Posting on ANY thread
Forum Rules - Specific
F) No irritating posting Styles, including use of all Caps and excessive
Punctuation/Blank Lines/Smilies.
No off topic chatting, address the topic (the party) not the person posting

Following Members are Attending This Party... Average Member Brings Along 3 Guests

45rpm

5 SPD V8

babry

babyjazz2u

bak2me

bthom8487

bud rock

busa13

captain2007101

CFayHill

chevimp58

city jit

country chic 4 u

courg5269

crash1031

crazysexycarly

curvy_mami

Debh1394

dogs4

Dsuegirl

flamale

fungirl4real

FunnyGator

gina*rimbey

ginandjuice

GreenSailor

irishlass317

jdhall71

joinerjulian

JWONC

k3p

lakelandfl

lifeafter35

LInda and Sally

lindee-1

mglynn02

michaelburnett88

miss beth

niceguy112972

onnow

paulgsxr

pcchevy

perchme

PhotoBrent

radguy

redstarcookie

rendezvous6179

rnmela181

Sandra1281964

saytay40

Scuba1girl

Simkus

sixsixgrwnsxy

Sly747

southerngirlzrbest

Susan Divine

sweetgirl2510

T863

tango19345

tassy24

TerryL.

TheLadyBarbara

UptownBrown

vettenatic95

wholdman

wickedbarber

worldtraveler60

YOGIIN863

zml2008

zoro33880

70 people are attending
 redstarcookie
Msg: 2
Meet & Mingle POF Party - 4-10-10 Holiday Inn, Southside Lakeland, Florida
Posted: 3/30/2010 9:10:51 AM
Hello Everyone!

Hope everyone has had a great weekend - I know mine was! Ms. Lindee may not be in attendance for our parties this month due to other commitments so it will be up to us to party a little more on her behalf and knowing this group.....I think we can do it!!!!

I am asking anyone that has a camera and would like to help take pictures of everyone (and it's a great way to meet people, lol) to please bring your camera, snap some pictures and we will be more than happy to set it so you can upload your pictures onto the picture site after the party!!! We want to get pictures of everyone and since we are going around, meeting people, and wanting to dance a little ourselves we need help in this area as we want everyone to have fun and memories of the night! so please BRING A CAMERA!!!!

Remember our POF Bucket at the beginning of the year to attend at least a couple of parties in the year, bring a few friends throughout the year that has never came, invite a friend that doesn't get out, send out some personal invites to those that have you on your favorites and/or someome you like their profile - the list is endless!!!

We have had alot of new people in the last few parties which is nice because I have seen many making cute couples today! So, what are ya waiting for???

Sign up, come out and show a little love for me since I will be potentially flying solo!!!

Cookie
 redstarcookie
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/30/2010 3:52:48 PM
PLEASE READ IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS SIGNING IN:
Right now, the site is undergoing some changes that is affecting how everyone signs into the parties so check the following:

1. Did you use the link I provided to take you to the party to try to sign up but it didn't let you? If so, do this:
2. Click the link again and then look to the right and you will see: View all Events, Mod Threads, Home and the next one - does it say "signin" or "logout"?

If it says signin you have to click that and sign in - the forums and the regular email have to separate sign in buttons so sign in then see if it switches to "logout" that means you are now signed in.

3. Easiest way to get back to the party is to reopen the invite I sent and click the link or scroll down to the bottom of the main page below your inbox box and the party will be listed there and click on it - it should take you to the party thread and allow you to sign up - glance over and see if it still shows you signed in which would read "logout" on that main line. (might have to do a couple of times)

Hopefully, the system will be fixed tomorrow and eliminate these issues. Let me know if this works
 crash1031
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 3/30/2010 7:17:38 PM
Ok do i get a prize for being the 13th signup
 redstarcookie
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/30/2010 10:23:29 PM
Crash why yes you do win a prize!!!!!

You win the honor of helping set up the lounge!!! Wow what a prize to have won!!! I bet you are beside yourself huh? You have also won the right to help take pictures - great again!!!! lol

Love to see new people signing up for this party and meeting new people!!! Make sure to bring any of your friends so they can have fun as well!!!!

Also, take a quick moment to say hello on the thread as it will help you to get to know a few people before even getting to the party!!!!
 redstarcookie
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/31/2010 7:40:06 AM
Just popped in today to see if POF had fixed their main page but still no forums link to the forums, parties etc but you can find some of the parties down below your inbox to click on and at this time our party is there and/or you can search through google for POF forums.

Okay, just saying hey to a few I haven't met/seen for awhile and hope everyone gives a shout out on here to say hello which will help them recognize a few when they get there! : Hello bthom, budrock, cfayhill, courg, dsuegirl, linda and sally, livinlife31, saytay, sixsix, and Susandivine. Glad to see Paul is returning for a second time!

Okay, I need to get back to work so have a great day!!!
 clayton75
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/31/2010 8:56:49 AM
Not sure if I can make the trip this time. I had a blast at the last one and will try. Does anyone know a Holly or Victoria that attended the party. I never did get a # or screen name and also didn't get a chance to say how nice it was meeting them. Hope to see you all again soon and meet more new friends...
 crash1031
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 3/31/2010 2:10:11 PM
Well Gee Cookie i cant wait for that.........cough cough
 babry
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2010 4:05:30 PM
Crash, do you have the croup?????? LOL!!!!! I have been busier than a one armed paper hanger with a broke leg. Now....let's see if any of you can beat that, lmbuttoff.....

Anyway, where is everybody?????? Got to have more than this posting. It is almost the weekend. Got to have some excitement on here. Got to keep me up-to-date on things. With this kind of posting is leaving me in the dark. And.....no.....I am not afraid of the dark, LOL!!!! Crash, Clubie, I know you guys could have gone somewhere with that one.

Anyway, sounds like the last shing dig got off to a slow start. I don't want to hear that crap. So......newies you are going to have to make an appearance and show up the ole regulars and teach them some new things (don't even go there guys). Now.....that sounds like a dual to me.....anybody want to take the plunge and show the old fish what the new fish have to offer????? Did I just say that???????????? LOLLLLLLLL!!!! Later......
 crash1031
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2010 7:47:51 PM
Babry i had a coup but sold it... If you'd quit running your batterys down you wouldnt be in the dark ;) Ok ppl get signed up for this meat and greet
 PLUSH GAL
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/1/2010 10:02:47 PM
HELLO MY FRIEND AND I HAVE BEEN GOING TO THESE PARTIES SINCE JANUARY AND WE HAVE HAD ALOT OF FUN. SHE HAS MET A FEW GUYS FROM POF AND MADE SOME FRIENDS. IM ENGAGED . BUT I LOVE GOING WITH MY FRIEND TO KEEP HER COMPANY AND GET OUT UNTIL MY MAN RETURNS HOME FROM LONDON. SO COME OUT AND GIVE IT A TRY YOU MIGHT MEET SOMEONE .
 tassy24
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2010 8:33:47 AM
Yes, I plan on attending. This will be my first meet and greet. I'm hoping for good things to come!!! See you there!
 redstarcookie
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/2/2010 10:04:07 AM
Hey Curvy glad to see you are posting and letting everyone know you have fun coming - just great to meet new people in my opinion!!!

Want to welcome T863, Yogin 863, Simkus, sweetgirl, crazysexycarly, babyjazz & tassy Glad to see you also posted Tassy looking forward to meeting you as well as everyone else that is new - please forgive me if I missed someone and if I did, take a moment and make a post to say hello as it's a great way to meet some of the regulars and recognize a few faces before you even get there!!!

Remember, you can bring friends as the more the merrier & Uptownbrown hoping you make it this time!!! Babry it's time to let go of the cold weather and return to the parties in our opinion so pack a suitcase and be at this party!!!! We are waiting chickie!!!

Hope everyone has a great Friday and a fantastic weekend! Will try to check back tonight and see if we have convinced anyone to sign up then I am away for the weekend to have a little bit of fun! Okay, hopefully alot! So, ya'll take a minute to say hello to each other and have some fun this weekend but be safe!!!!

Hugs to you,

Cookie!!!
 happiness103
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/2/2010 11:44:03 AM
I would love to come. This will be my first meet and greet! I'm new at this dating thing. See you All there. I dont have any single friends to bring with me however, if anyone needs a ride let me know.
Danielle
 crash1031
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2010 1:19:41 PM
Hi happiness i'am sure you'll have a goodtime and thats very nice of you too offer a ride . i come from valrico way or else i'd ride with ya just kidding
 LINDEE-1
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/2/2010 2:33:38 PM
Hey gang you all (that's southern for you that dont know) need to sign up and get to this party. I wont be there for awhile, someone I mean something is taking up my time these days...but never fear I shall return sometimes.... I have made way to many friends to jump ship all together. Who knows I just might sneak in and surprise you one night....keep your eyes open We will continue to have a guest host each month and I do believe we might have a super surprise guest host for April...right cookie????
Lindee
 JazLPonder
Msg: 17
Posted: 4/2/2010 4:37:17 PM
This POF sexiest user so you know ima be there.
 babry
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2010 4:37:04 AM
Well, well, well....sounds like we have some newbies finally taking the plunge. Welcome to all and make sure that you definitely come to these parties. They are a lot of fun, you meet a nice bunch of people and can dance to great music provided by DJ Bill. He will take requests.

Thanks Cookie.....it is nice to know I am missed. It would be nice to be able to enjoy a Sat. evening with you all and get away from the outside world for a little while. I really enjoyed it before I had to leave for Arizona. All you have in this state is cactus, coyotes and dirt, LOL!!!!! UGH!!!!!!

Before I shut up, what is up with you Lindee???? Not going to be coming to the dances???? I tell ya, between you and Brownie, LOL!!!! What am I going to do with you girls. Cookie.....you had better not jump ship. What would everybody do without you gals? Later.................
 LINDEE-1
Msg: 19
Posted: 4/3/2010 9:10:01 AM
Babry I will still be around. just cant this month, and we shall see about May. If my trip to Costa Rica doesnt interfer... I know I would miss everyone way to much to stop completley. And we all knew it would come to this one day. We three would find someone. Cookie is well equiped to do this, along with some help and that is why we have guest host. and DONT FORGET our secret guest host..
ok off to the lake and let mr wonderful take me out on his pontoon boat and then grill some steaks later...Love a Man that can cook..
come on folks sign up and come who knows you might meet that special person that takes you off of here too...I did NYE 2009
Lindee
 BROWNEYES46
Msg: 20
Posted: 4/3/2010 9:33:28 AM
Hey hey hey! You never know when ole Brownie might just pop in. Hope everyone is doing great and I hope all of you have a wonderful Easter! Hope to see you guys soon.

BROWNIEYES
 crash1031
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2010 3:03:02 PM
Hi Brownie hope you and Sprint have a nice Easter!!!.... and Lindee you better behave yourself.lol .Lets hit that signup button people 4-10-10
peace out!!!
 babry
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2010 3:18:49 PM
Geez Crash, are you still thinkin' you are in the 60's???? LOL!!!! Peace Out???? What's up with that???? Lmbuttoff.......Yeah, I am pickin' again. And...before you ask what am I pickin'? Whatever you r thinkin'.....Notttttt!!!!

O.K. Regulars....Sounds like Cookie is havin' to go it alone for April. Step up and help her out. Newbies, you can come on out and become a Regular also. All you have to do is attend these parties, get to know people and have fun. That's it, real simple....Later
 redstarcookie
Msg: 23
Posted: 4/4/2010 8:20:45 PM
Babry you are more than welcome to help out with the parties for the month of April - just say the word and I'll add ya as a co-host! Most of our regulars that you knew haven't been attending with the exception of a few of us as many have found their significant other which is great in my opinion!!!! So, girlfriend, come on - it's time to come out and meet these people!!!!

Glad to see some more newbies signing up - sure wish more of you would pop in and say hello as it is truly a great way to get a little more comfy before coming out by getting to know some of us old regulars!!!!
 crash1031
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2010 5:04:45 AM
Babry i wish i was in the 60s life was much easier Cookie who you calling OLD regulars i'am a fairly new reg!!! Come on ppl hit that button dont be scared
 Scuba1girl
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2010 9:13:20 AM
Hey Cookie, I just signed up for this party. I will bring my camera if you want. But I give you fair warning, I take way to many pictures. I loved it when I did this for Halloween so will help you out again if ya want. I thought we had a professional photographer in the group. Surely he could help too or is he just to shy? Anyway, I suppose I can get snap pictures when everybody is fast dancing. But during the slow songs I am gonna be on the dance floor. Woo Hoo Scuby is ready to say "Smile and say Cheese"
Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > Meet & Mingle POF Party - 4-10-10 Holiday Inn, Southside Lakeland, Florida