Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > A "player". . . how can you detect one?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mutya10
Msg: 1
A "player". . . how can you detect one? Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
don't you just hate it if and when a person replies to your profile and you have indicated you are not looking for a "player" ... and yet, some guys are still not getting it... well i guess women are doing it too ... i'm tired of dealing with people who are into head-games. What's your take???
 dietcola
Msg: 2
view profile
History
A player. . . how can you detect one?
Posted: 7/15/2005 8:10:56 PM
kinda gotto be able to "read" people. ive learned to do this over time cause ive been jerked around alot by woman, so now i kinda keep my guard up. if their stories dont add up or they get a twitch on their nose when u dont believe them and they know it.

dc
 brilliantlight
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/15/2005 8:19:22 PM
I think some people on here send out a hundred letters a day, hoping SOMEONE will respond to them. Keep looking, there's gotta be some good fish in here somewhere! Here Fishy, Fishy!!
 ATPase
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/15/2005 8:43:09 PM
some women have said i am on based on my profile,.. i dont know where they get that idea
 Al Paulchino
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/16/2005 1:11:46 AM
ATP is no player...any woman who thinks that has some screws loose...good profile BTW..there's so many shitty ones on here....

ON TOPIC:
Girls: the guy is a player if he seems like a "natural" with women...has got you thinking about him all the time...AND THEN...here's the kicker...actually vocalizes these words to you:

"You're the one and ONLY baby"....watch his body language....
These guys could still be happy if they just told the truth about the other 3 women they're seeing....but they choose to be pathetic....
 all about laughs
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/16/2005 6:37:08 AM
You cannot detect the good players... not until they have come and gone... always be alert, make people work for things... perhaps that way they will get frustrated if you are not an easy target... then move on...
 Doc Sage
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/16/2005 7:20:32 AM
__Nope. Have been fool before. Hope my player meter as become more refine with time. LOL

Doc
 scotiangold
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/16/2005 7:44:42 AM
I think player meters do get refined over time, the more you see it the more you recognize it, but being too cautious you could pass up a good thing .... I think sometimes people choose not to recognize a player, or sorry to do anything about it, ie. people deny signs or see signs early in relationhips but are all mushy and glittery eyed and choose to keep dating for "other" reasons only to realize you should have followed your gut in the beginning .... moral of the story: you are responsible for yourself, dont expect players to just skip you if you request it, they are players: they're gonna try and play, the nature of their game, always follow YOUR own gut instinct !!!!

Generally, players are smooth talkers who can talk their way into and out of just about anything .... too much talking and covering up going on it seems, call it as you see it

Happy fishing !!!!
 stjames44200
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2005 8:04:45 AM
I'm a little unsure.....What exactly is a player?
 epsilonbj
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/16/2005 8:32:45 AM

Generally, players are smooth talkers who can talk their way into and out of just about anything .... too much talking and covering up going on it seems, call it as you see it

how true, yet women fall over and over again for these players.........they would not bother with someone who's shy or stutter because he's overwhelmed...

my question is why?
 LOL_ForReal
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/16/2005 8:53:37 AM
Well a good friend of mine dated one.

His profile is Apollo13 for all of you women out there that do not want to out up with the mind games and be treated like poop. He goes through women like most men go through underwear. It seems his insecurities played a HUGE part!!! Sad really - players will never truly be happy. Pretty sad when people i know he has come into contact with can see it a mile away. They need a HUGE wake up call - not a nice one either!

I have had enough of the crap maybe that is why i say it - smack in the face. Most guys do not like that - to bad!

Protect yourself and remember we all see life differently!
 EMR53
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2005 8:56:35 AM
HI ALL ABOUT LAUGHS,
i THINK YOU'VE GOT IT! THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I DO. i MAKE SURE WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR ARE ONE IN THE SAME. WELL FOR THE MOST PART. I INSIST HE GETS TO KNOW ME FIRST, THERE ARE NO SHORT CUTS. IF HE'S THE ONE, HE'LL BE PATIENT AND VICE VERSA.
GREAT TO HEAR SUCH GOOD ADVISE. HAPPY
 SINCERE5
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/16/2005 9:04:40 AM
FIRST OFF, LET ME SAY THIS, I HATE PLAYERS. I HAVE BEEN PLAYED BY WOMEN AS WELL. I DONT THINK IT IS A GENDER THING. IT DEPENDS MORE ON THE INDIVIDUAL. WHO THEY ARE AS A PERSON.
NOT EVERYONE WHO EXPRESSES HIS FEELINGS FOR A WOMAN IS A PLAYER. SOME OF US GUYS ARE ACTUALLY SINCERE. AS FOR DETECTING PLAYERS, GOOD LUCK! THERE ARE LOTS OF THEM OUT THERE. SOME ARE EASY TO SPOT, OTHERS ARE NOT SO EASY. TRUST YOUR GUT, IF IT TELLS YOU SOMETHING IS WRONG, THEN VERY LIKELY THERE IS.
 Japhus
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/16/2005 8:17:26 PM
If he's too good to be true...he probably is.

If he promises you the world on the first date...what's left to promise you the next time?

If you say you're "not looking for a player"...that's his first clue you may be ready to be his next victim.

Oh, and off topic, where the bleep did you get that freaky mountain pic in your profile????
 Knight Rider
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/16/2005 10:45:36 PM
Don't you just hate it when you reply to a profile that says what they want and
is what you're looking for,only to find out they don't even bother to write you back???

I swear,i wonder why I bother telling the truth,some people beleive lyers more then
the folks who tell the truth!

As to the topic,parasites always write to those who puts what they don't want in a person,it's the means to their existence,what a life!!!

knight Rider!
 Knight Rider
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/16/2005 10:47:20 PM
Oops,to answer your question,ain't that hard to spot the nots...lol,just watch for
the drooling words between the lines,they ain't as hard to see as you may think!

Knight Rider!
 mutya10
Msg: 17
Posted: 7/17/2005 12:37:51 AM
it's so nice tohear others point of view on this subject...i have been played by an ex-bf knowing i am the only one...for 2 years and a half he's dating other women behind my back! only to tell me in the end that i made him a passenger in our relationship... what a load of crap... now his trying to crawl back... it's so bad that you tend to think all men are players, and when the good ones pass you by then it's too late ...
 trvlingman
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/17/2005 11:14:23 AM
I,ve had the word player thrown at me a few times.

I dont really think it,s true.

I think you can tell by how quickly it turns into

so you want togo back to my place
 apocalypse
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2005 1:37:40 PM
They are pretty uniteresting creatures, don't really need to be detected, because they have already bored you into a coma.
Then, ask their age.. If it takes a couple of minutes before you get an answer, and the answer is totally wrong, you catched yourself a stupid one as well.
Then, you do a nice follow up, like..
"Nothing exists except atoms and empty space. Everything else is opinion"..

And the fun has just begun! I like players.
 scotiangold
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/19/2005 8:22:42 AM
quoting epsilonbj
how true, yet women fall over and over again for these players.........they would not bother with someone who's shy or stutter because he's overwhelmed...
my question is why?

Some women are shy as well and would not approach guys ... and sometimes it is hard to read shy guys and whether they are really interested or not .... and often, not always but often, players target shy or seemingly vulnerable women .... think about it ....
 angelslkme
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/19/2005 8:50:32 AM
My idea of a player is someone who's just out for sex. So I've decided if a guy is willing to wait for sex he's not a player right? lol.. I'm going to try testing this one out.
 Paradoxx
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2005 8:52:53 AM
Maybe stating clearly you don't want a player will cause the players to leave you alone...BUT it may just backfire, and suggest players have been your type before now. A player might take this as encouraging news!

I have found that the ability to sustain a nice conversation about topics other than sex, ex's and relationships is a great sign there may be other interests outside of sex possible- this is where you may also find love.
 BurnabyBlondie
Msg: 23
Posted: 7/19/2005 10:54:48 AM
if you talk to the guy and he wants to meet right away or cannot stay away from talking about sex then he's a player.

if you have a guy that you can actually have a conversation with without him going "ARE YOU THERE" if you don't respond every 30 seconds he's probably a keeper
 BurnabyBlondie
Msg: 24
Posted: 7/19/2005 10:56:13 AM
oh and if you look at his hobbies and interests.. if he has "sex" or he's open to an "intimate encounter"... player alert!
 Paradoxx
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2005 11:00:31 AM
Of course, even players fall in love sometimes...they just aren't very good at sustaining it :)
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > A "player". . . how can you detect one?