Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Should I try to make contact??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 andre404
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Should I try to make contact??Page 1 of 1    
Ok I personally have not been finding to much success on this site for what I have been looking for but I have not let it get me down and continue on.

Heres the story so far:
We seemed to get along very well since the interest were the same and after a few messages back and fourth I got her email. Thinking this was good I ofcourse sent my message there in response to continue our conversation but I never got a reply. A week later I decided ill send a message on PoF to no avail, still no response.
Now a month has passed and I still have thought of her as a girl I still really wish to get to know but her second account which is the one I had been in contact with is deleted but the first which she abandoned for personal reasons still exists.

So here is my question.
Should I try sending a message to that account in some slim hope that we could get in contact again or should I just accept it as what it seems, that she just decided I, who had many interests the same (i mean almost all) was not for her?
Suggest your own thoughts and ideas ofcourse.

I realize this makes me sound very clingy as a guy which many don't find good but I believe me and her could have become great friends at the very least with our interests and future plans.
Thanks for those who answer with what they think.
 RushLuv
Msg: 2
Should I try to make contact??
Posted: 4/14/2010 11:04:12 AM
OP,
Since she failed to respond for the second time, I would just leave it alone. If you continue to send emails, that could be seen as harassment and an utter annoyance.

There are plenty of more fish in the sea.
 HuluAddicted
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/14/2010 11:07:31 AM
If she was interested in you, she would have responded. leave her alone already.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/14/2010 11:16:01 AM
OP- you're young...so you're still learning how things work.

Here goes...If the roles were reversed...

and some chick you thought you clicked with and wanted to be with- if she messaged you...would you message her back?

what if you did not want to be with her? would you message her back?

most likely she's started dating another guy or got back with an ex bf and does not wish to inform you of this fact so that she can leave her options open with you.
Posted: 4/14/2010 11:21:48 AM
any combination of two unreturned emails/vmail/text/IMs and/or canceled dates equals 'not interested.'

that's how i gauge things, at least.
 andre404
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2010 11:31:53 AM
Ok sounds like a resounding no which is what i suspected.
Thanks and ill learn from the advice.
 Helen0426
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/14/2010 12:27:50 PM
I'm going to go against the tide and say go ahead. You're not talking to her now - worst outcome is either she won't see it, or she won't be interested in its content, and you still won't be talking to her. I don't see where you have anything to lose here.

While it's unlikely she never got your off-site e-mail and ignored you later because she thought you'd stopped talking to her first, it is possible. So I'd include that possibility in the content of the message and indicate that if that's what happened, you'd still like to talk, but if she just decided she wasn't interested, that's okay and this will be your last message.
 belikan
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/14/2010 1:49:22 PM
i also suggest you email her one last time on her other account just in case she didnt get your last email.

if she doesnt respond to this email then i would say forget about it as there's no use pushing a rope into a straight line...
 Abbicci
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2010 1:50:37 PM
Chances are she isn't interested, but it wont cost you anything to send an email.
 bunch_of_schitt
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/15/2010 5:27:33 AM
If she failed to answer the contacts you have already sent, You become a CREEPER to continue. Leave her alone. Just chalk it up to "the one that got away" toss your line back in the water and fish on.

Just my opinion (that and $1.16 will get you a cup of coffee at the local gas station)
 brad29483
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/15/2010 7:43:55 AM
You should definitely message her again, and eventually become a stalker, after all she is the only girl on this planet, right?
 American-Boy
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2010 10:13:07 AM
The writing is pretty much on the wall, don't you think? The overwhelming odds are that you are wasting your time. When you find the right girl she will make it easy to contact her and easy to stay in touch.
 rainman12
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2010 12:44:52 AM
Ummm ya - agree with everyone else - you're wasting your time, she's not interested or else she would have replied already. That simple.
 kailania
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/18/2010 1:42:38 AM
i agree with Helen:
you have nothing to loose by messaging her one more time.
i would vote to try again. its only an e mail.
it is not equivalent to stalking or bothering her. i do not think you are being clingy.
if she doesnt respond to another e mail then leave it be.
good luck to you.
 Sefra
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/19/2010 10:29:49 PM
Andre,

Look at you---you are a very good looking young man (not hitting on you, i have a son your age..no cougars here).... you should have scores of girls just waiting for the opportunity to receive attention from you!

know your own worth n live it.

Just be yourself and don't worry about the girls who got away---- they're still watching, believe dat. When you stop chasing them, they always come around.
 Civilized Rebel
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/19/2010 10:51:42 PM
go ahead. try this:

"I know. You are too embarrassed to admit that you deleted my last email by mistake. Go ahead and reply to this one, butter fingers. This time don't wait. If it happens again, I might lose interest."

A long shot to say the least but it does have the virtue of boldness.
 kornbluth
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2010 3:44:05 AM

you have nothing to loose by messaging her one more time.

Oh yes, you do: your self-respect. No reply means no interest. You have seen this twice already. If you believe you'll nag someone into compliance, you'll get yourself blocked. Begging is a bad habit to get into, and there is to prize to win.
 Double Cabin
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2010 6:46:26 AM
OP,

You're 19. Two of your favorite activities are video games and cartoons. I'm not one to judge what we do on our time, but do you think lots of 19 year old girls are looking for a guy that spends a serious portion of his time in front of a TV or on the computer desperately seeking a hookup?

You're in at the height of your desirability. If women aren't smelling you and smiling at you in public ask somebody for a makeover. Get of this frargin' box and enjoy the real world rewards of young manhood.
 Kixxie
Msg: 19
Posted: 4/23/2010 12:47:49 AM
OP, think about this lol

I never got a reply

A week later still no response

Now a month has passed

her second account is deleted

the first still exists

Read what you wrote, and then see how long it takes you to honestly answer your question.

Should I try sending a message

Ummmm probably not.

You seem like a nice enough guy. Don't be a doormat.
 jenniferw83
Msg: 20
Posted: 4/23/2010 5:56:24 AM
I say move on. I think its more healthy for you to think about your next venture. If she contacts you great! If not, its not the end of the world. Don't initiate all of the contact.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Should I try to make contact??